Steam MIA shmup news thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SeeNoWeevil

Steam MIA shmup news thread

Post by SeeNoWeevil »

It seems quite common now for games to release first on Switch/PS4 and then come to PC/Steam at a later date. A lot of the discussion on the front page is about shmups where the Steam port is current MIA. It would be good to have a thread to follow where people can post news of upcoming Steam ports for games that are already out elsewhere but not yet on PC. Raiden Makido obviously being an example of one like this recently.

With that in mind, has there ever been any talk of things like the Ray'z collection coming to PC?
FunktionJCB

Re: Steam MIA shmup news thread

Post by FunktionJCB »

SeeNoWeevil wrote:With that in mind, has there ever been any talk of things like the Ray'z collection coming to PC?
Or Darius Cozmic Collection Console, which is currently MIA.

After Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade, and G-Darius HD, I was hoping we would have some news about a PC release of Darius Cozmic Collection Console, but sadly I believe there have been none. :(
SeeNoWeevil

Post by SeeNoWeevil »

FunktionJCB wrote:
SeeNoWeevil wrote:With that in mind, has there ever been any talk of things like the Ray'z collection coming to PC?
Or Darius Cozmic Collection Console, which is currently MIA.

After Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade, and G-Darius HD, I was hoping we would have some news about a PC release of Darius Cozmic Collection Console, but sadly I believe there have been none. :(
At least it's good to see M2 actually start putting out PC ports. They made some kinda strange statement a while back when asked about PC ports saying that they couldn't get them running well enough on Windows 10 (??).

I think Garegga is the most painful PC omission for me.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The one I'm most eager for news on is Rolling Gunner, though considering how long it's been since anything was said on this front I doubt it's ever actually happening.
SeeNoWeevil

Post by SeeNoWeevil »

BulletMagnet wrote:The one I'm most eager for news on is Rolling Gunner, though considering how long it's been since anything was said on this front I doubt it's ever actually happening.
They did say it was actually coming though, right?

I'm still praying that one day Hamster realizes the error of their ways and put their ports on Steam instead of the damn Windows store.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Cotton Rock 'n Roll/Fantasy was announced for Steam, but hasn't showed up yet.
heli

Post by heli »

For console-HW it is easyer making a game.
PC has so many possibilities and different HW-versions, to many problems.
Not guaranteed to run the same on all computers, or even work.