Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SPM

Re: Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

Post by SPM »

professor ganson wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote: Not that Xevious isn't lame, that's pretty much factual (argh that audio).
Factual: it's so satisfying to abolish those ground targets, especially in the faster-paced sequels like Xevious Arrangement. The aesthetic of the world isn't for everyone, but I love it.
^ Listen to this wise man! :D

That feeling is lost in Ray Force in my opinion (fantastic in its own way, but completely different).

Hitting that bomb button at the right moment feels so good in Xevious (and to me, especially in the first one with its lower fire rate. I tend to spam bombs in the sequels holding the button. That cannot be done in the first one, at least not effectively)
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hey cool, free ZUNTATA live which is going to be recorded and put in this collection's limited edition: https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/topics/25408

100 people will be allowed to attend. It's free, so I might as well apply for it, even if my chances of getting an invitation are super minuscule.
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

Overseas version pre-order: https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/ ... Chronology

No surprise here, will order asap :D
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Augemitbutter wrote:Overseas version pre-order: https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/ ... Chronology

No surprise here, will order asap :D
Nice, as expected. Also:
RayForce, RayStorm, RayCrisis and an exclusive piece of bonus in-game content that will be revealed soon!
Which should hopefully mean R-Gear, and included in the cart/disc. SLG does have a history of doing things like that.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Steven

Post by Steven »

Probably R-Gear. Too bad SLG takes years to ship things.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Steven wrote:Hey cool, free ZUNTATA live which is going to be recorded and put in this collection's limited edition: https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/topics/25408

100 people will be allowed to attend. It's free, so I might as well apply for it, even if my chances of getting an invitation are super minuscule.
Good luck! And tell 'em shumps farm sent you. :cool: Or maybe don't. :lol:
heli

Post by heli »

Whatsup with the SLG version ?
If i order SLG i wait to long ?
Is it faster to import ?

What is the difference ?
Should i order before scalpers do ?

I like the box-art better from japan :

Nicer then :

Not going to wait for my game or SLG is broke and i get nothing.
Same game.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

R gear is mentioned in this livestream at 21:30 as being an Amazon exclusive I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jvyf78txCA . If someone could translate that would be great!

I hope/assume R Gear will also turn up in the SLG release.
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

I would say that there is a pretty good chance that the SLG release will have R Gear included, with the addition bonus of it being on disk too, rather than a code. I don't have any insider information, but they did this with the Deathsmiles dlc as well as the Gameboy Sagaia game on Cozmic Revelation for Switch.
If you are happy to wait (as I am) then it is probably the most complete release.
heli

Post by heli »

As long as the options-menu is english, japan version is good.
M2 have used japanese language in garegga, ketsui, how is the japan version of darius HD ?, also japanese or english ?
I dont want to miss the boat on the english menu version, i love those options in my english garegga version.
BIL

Post by BIL »

The Japanese versions of Darius Cozmic AC+CS and G-Darius HD all run in perfect English on my JP PS4 - just make sure your System Language is set to English and it's all good.
heli

Post by heli »

Thank you BIL this helps, + i dont wanto stress for a year : where is my game.
Counting on Taito making english text japan version with nice cover-box-art like in the picture above with pink color not black.
Also i dont have money for that game today Image
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

heli wrote:Thank you BIL this helps, + i dont wanto stress for a year : where is my game.
Also with the Japanese version you won't end up worrying if/when a software update will finally release in the west.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I already preordered the Amazon.co.jp prime day version for R-Gear, but I'm going to keep an eye on the price of SLG's version... I wonder if it'll cost the same or if it'll be cheaper.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Ms. Tea wrote:I already preordered the Amazon.co.jp prime day version for R-Gear, but I'm going to keep an eye on the price of SLG's version... I wonder if it'll cost the same or if it'll be cheaper.
SLG is €49.99, amazon.jp is ~€45.20, Play-Asia is €51.68 (Switch version for all).

With shipping SLG's is the cheapest for Europeans at least, and no worries about customs. And I'm hopeful/confident that R-Gear will be included in the SLG release, so for me SLG's release was the obvious choice. I even contemplated getting their collector's edition, but I only really wanted the two books, not the soundtrack or blu-ray or "pixel frame" or any of the other swag. Also, those extras are the stuff that can really delay their special edition releases. If you just order the most basic edition, it can come out months before the Super-Duper Collector's Edition DX Alpha Plus -version.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Still waiting for Strictly Limited to announce what they're gonna do with R-Gear before I actually order from them. No update last I checked as of the time of this post.
heli wrote:I like the box-art better from japan :
I suspect there will be a regular retail release of this game and it will have that better cover. Won't have the bonus R-Gear game with it though.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I always buy the Japanese version, as I feel like more support/money goes straight to the original devs.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Standard budget Western physical release for Raystorm + Raycrisis
Digital Western release for Rayforce + Raystorm + Raycrisis - R-Gear
Full physical package including R-Gear is exclusive to the Strictly Limited Games version

https://twitter.com/ININ_Games/status/1 ... Qo8Gg&s=19

I'd expect the Strictly Limited version to come a couple of months after the Japan release, they usually want to make sure if there are any patches they go onto the production version
heli

Post by heli »

Rastan78 wrote:Also with the Japanese version you won't end up worrying if/when a software update will finally release in the west.
All my japanese games have updated, i dont know if japan have the update earlyer ?
You sure i wont get the same updates as japan ?, how do you know such thing ?
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Jonpachi wrote:I always buy the Japanese version, as I feel like more support/money goes straight to the original devs.
I never thought about it that way. I think it's just a habit for me. After so many years of imports being the only way to get some games, I'm just not as used to getting the western release. :oops:
Last edited by Jeneki on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:Standard budget Western physical release for Raystorm + Raycrisis
Full physical package including R-Gear is exclusive to the Strictly Limited Games version

I'd expect the Strictly Limited version to come a couple of months after the Japan release, they usually want to make sure if there are any patches they go onto the production version
I was confused why the post doesn't mention R-Gear at all, but then I found that bit mentioned in a reply somewhere down the line. SLG announced R-Gear on their physical cart/disc as well, just a few hours ago.

Really weird that there's now technically THREE releases, that's going to cause some confusion and a lot of teeth grinding.

My videos
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

So BOTH the SLG and the ININ physical releases will have the R-Gear included (not sure if code or on disc).

So, the question is, what's the difference between SLG and ININ release?
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:Standard budget Western physical release for Raystorm + Raycrisis

Leaving digital exclusive buyers locked out of getting R-Gear is lame but expected.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

XtraSmiley wrote:So BOTH the SLG and the ININ physical releases will have the R-Gear included (not sure if code or on disc).

No, only SLG physical release will have R-Gear, on cart/disc. ININ's tweet here confirming this.

So the three options are, like TransatlanticFoe said:

ININ physical (Raystorm + Raycris)
ININ digital (Rayforce + Raystorm + Raycrisis)
SLG physical (Rayforce + Raystorm + Raycrisis + R-Gear)

My videos
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

I ordered the SLG release and look forward to playin it in 2025
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

heli wrote:
Rastan78 wrote:Also with the Japanese version you won't end up worrying if/when a software update will finally release in the west.
All my japanese games have updated, i dont know if japan have the update earlyer ?
You sure i wont get the same updates as japan ?, how do you know such thing ?

For example the major update that added new versions and gadgets to G Darius HD took quite a long time to come to the west. Some people were wondering if it would ever come out. IIRC it was at least about a 2 month wait? Along with some rumors circulating that it wasn't going to happen (actually it did so it's all good).

Then sometimes M2 will do small bug fix patches that come out even a year or two after a game's release.

Probably everything will come to all versions, at least eventually. Nothing to be too worried about. Still I think there's a bit more peace of mind in that respect going with the JP version.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

If that kind of thing matters to you, the Japanese R-Gear bonus is a DLC code while the western one comes on the cart/disc.Not sure it makes a difference to me personally, but I guess if you care about being able to move it between systems that don't share Nintendo/PSN accounts...
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Ghegs wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:So BOTH the SLG and the ININ physical releases will have the R-Gear included (not sure if code or on disc).

No, only SLG physical release will have R-Gear, on cart/disc. ININ's tweet here confirming this.

So the three options are, like TransatlanticFoe said:

ININ physical (Raystorm + Raycris)
ININ digital (Rayforce + Raystorm + Raycrisis)
SLG physical (Rayforce + Raystorm + Raycrisis + R-Gear)
Thanks for this. The ININ Tweet confused me b/c they mentioned it, but they were saying SLG had it! Time to pre-order!
heli

Post by heli »

I am looking a youtube movie and see some text in the M2-gadget-menu is japanese, not un-understandable or something as i see pictures also.
And Rastans update story together, i might get the SLG version with the non-colorfull-cover.
And it is still not sold out in 2 days, not very popular.
It seems i can still wait a day to think about it.
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

It's very disappointing that the 16:9 aspect ratio is removed in RayStorm HD, it worked fine on 360 and it's nice to play in full screen also.
Why don't they let the player choose the aspect ratio instead of imposing the 4:3 ??