Useless Gadgets in Shmups

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sturmvogel Prime

Useless Gadgets in Shmups

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

'cos sometimes, there's items in the game that are more useless than a rusty nail.

Target Marker (Ginga Force)
REASON: Placing what could be a standard in-game indicator (think the boss "TARGET" marks in DonPachi/DoDonPachi) as an equippable item was a bad idea.

Mist Force (R-Type Final / R-Type Final 2)
REASON: Having a Force whose all weapons fire downwards keeping the B-3A/B-3A2 vulnerable to frontal attacks render this Force completely useless for Air-to-Air combat, which is the predominant factor most of the time.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
davyK

Re: Useless Gadgets in Shmups

Post by davyK »

I thought this was about useless gadgets in the M2 ports. :)
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

same

i never found a real use for the yellow wep in r-type i guess.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Grabbing enemies in Zero Wing seems pointless. Also a lot of games that have the ability to switch between ship and mech seem kind of useless. There may be instances where that is iseful, but from the little bit of those types of games I've played it does not seem to bring much to the table.