Bullet Soul and Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst coming to Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Bullet Soul and Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst coming to Sw

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Switch ports are ace as they both have a slightly remixed fmv opening this time around & are equal to the Xbox 360 port counterparts. They're both five stage stg affairs at best. And after you complete the fifth stage once and return back to the game mode selection screen (with Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst), on the training mode, more adjustable options open up to change the starting stage, overall ship stock (even with an infinity loop for infinite lives if so desired), shot level & bomb stock.

The ending credits show the game staff whom worked on the Switch ports. The Switch Bullet Soul port is a 1.6GB d/l & the Switch Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst is a 1.7GB d/l respectively -- so the single Double Soul Switch game card would be altogether a 3.3GB affair.

Both BS game have the option to adust the game screen so that it'd properly look at it's best in tate on a 4:3 based lcd monitor setup (if using this particular setup as opposed to using a traditional 16:10 aspect ratio screen setup rotated for tate -- of course, your mileage may vary depending on what screen setup is used).

I'm not sure what the lag time is with both Switch ports of BS & BS:IB though as I don't have a lag counter device on hand.

If our Japanese reading shmuppers could translate the cool Double Soul booklet, that'd be ace.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Thank you.
Still got the 360 discs but Switch has become my go to these days. Will be getting it soon.
ancestral-knowledge

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

It arrived from amazon.jp today! Very happy about that. Packaging was excellent.

https://ibb.co/st1M91f
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, got my Double Soul physical lately, and just like the other versions, plays the same as usual. Along with the 3 options to change the BGM to Original/Arrange/Ver. 2022.

The only thing that I noticed that the Switch ports are lacking online leaderboards, sadly. (Both the X360 and PC/Steam version have them though. Edit/Update: Though yeah, I didn't bother to check the official site for the Switch version that they mention its not supported, oh well.)
---
Also, both games got an update recently to 1.01 (though they still say 1.00 in both games' title screens), so I'm not sure of any changes/notices in this update anywhere. Probably assuming bugfixes and etc.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!