PSYKIO SHOOTING LIBRARY

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Creamy Goodness

Re: PSYKIO SHOOTING LIBRARY

Post by Creamy Goodness »

May hop on these, but I will wait to hear first impressions first. Pre release press said they were going to touch up complaints from the Switch release, but I will want to male sure that actually happened.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

Was waiting to see if these get any kind of Western release like the Switch versions did before importing but I haven't seen anything yet...
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

there was some talk about a PS5 version too, right?
heli

Post by heli »

They keep selling me the same games, and i keep buying.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Are the digital Xbox versions still coming? There's nothing on the website.
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

Meh... We've already played these recycled ports to death on Steam and Nintendo Switch.

Just hurry-up and release Strikers 202X already, it was announced 3 years ago and still nothing.
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

I was under the impression 1999 didn't get a proper home release until this collection, and I certainly appreciate it coming to a platform I like using. hope it'll end up being good, though I don't know what the issues with the other versions were
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

pulsemod wrote:I was under the impression 1999 didn't get a proper home release until this collection, and I certainly appreciate it coming to a platform I like using. hope it'll end up being good, though I don't know what the issues with the other versions were
You are about 3 years late to the party:

https://nintendoeverything.com/strikers ... next-week/

It was released outside Japan as the Psikyo Alpha / Bravo collections.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psikyo-Shootin ... B07WVMKS6Q

And:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psikyo-Shootin ... 136&sr=8-2

The Steam and PS4 versions are basically ports of this Nintendo Switch version, but I guess you are the only person on planet Earth who never heard of Google or Amazon? :P
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

this is the same collection. it will now be on PS4, which is great, not everyone likes playing on PC or switch. if you've already bought it before, you're obviously not the target audience...
Siontis

Post by Siontis »

If it's the same, laggy switch port I'll pass, even though I've never had the chance to play a Psikyo shmup.
I am very lag sensitive, if these collections have 6 frames of input lag on Switch, it's going to be 5 for PS4 which is unplayable for me.
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

I'm particularly sensitive as well, so if latency is a problem then I guess I might end up passing too (progear on the capcom collection isn't very enjoyable...)
fingers crossed though?
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

pulsemod wrote:this is the same collection. it will now be on PS4, which is great, not everyone likes playing on PC or switch. if you've already bought it before, you're obviously not the target audience...

I own these on Switch already and plan on swapping out to the PS4/5 version just because I prefer PS4/5.
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

maybe they will address the input lag somewhat. I own most of these on SAT/PS2 but happy to pay again for a good collection and hopefully not too easy trophies.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Siontis wrote:If it's the same, laggy switch port I'll pass, even though I've never had the chance to play a Psikyo shmup.
I am very lag sensitive, if these collections have 6 frames of input lag on Switch, it's going to be 5 for PS4 which is unplayable for me.
I think 6 frames was actually the best it got, on Gunbird & Gunbird 2 (wireless only, the dock adds a frame), and others were 7 or even 8. Mark MSX tested a bunch of the games, there's a spreadsheet of all his data in general here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Siontis wrote:If it's the same, laggy switch port I'll pass, even though I've never had the chance to play a Psikyo shmup.
I think 6 frames was actually the best it got, on Gunbird & Gunbird 2 (wireless only, the dock adds a frame), and others were 7 or even 8. Mark MSX tested a bunch of the games, there's a spreadsheet of all his data in general here:

LOL. Aka & Blue Exa-Arcadia PCB has 5 frames of lag?

Anybody who dropped $2,000 on that train wreck must be really pissed... :lol:
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

On of the big MiSTer devs is looking at Gunbird 2 next, so that might be an option for those who need PCB equivalent lag. Usually when he does a game, he follows up with all the games that work on that same PCB, so that's a good chunk of the library right there.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

Augemitbutter wrote:there was some talk about a PS5 version too, right?
I went looking as I had a vague memory of this too. Looks like it was reported here that a "Psikyo Shooting Collection is also in development for PlayStation 5, which includes all 12 titles from both collections."

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/psikyo- ... on-july-28

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/psikyo- ... 4-xbox-one
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

that sounds good to me.
heli

Post by heli »

Vol.1 in stock now.
Vol.2 next month.

I dont have a PS5 and is not available in regular shops.
I dont need a PS5 to play this.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

"We'll keep shitting out the same, reskinned low-effort ports for people to buy, again and again."
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

MidnightWolf wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:

LOL. Aka & Blue Exa-Arcadia PCB has 5 frames of lag?

Anybody who dropped $2,000 on that train wreck must be really pissed... :lol:
It was bad at launch, but A&B has been updated and is down to 2 frames. Which is Cave PCB levels of lag.
Shmups4ever

Post by Shmups4ever »

A good news !!
Thanks for the information ...! :D
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh, it's Dragon Blaze on JPSN. Sure, go on. Spread 'em you godless cunt. What a motherless fuck of a world the Psikyo fan finds himself in eh Rob. -_-

I'm a bit indisposed atm but will report back with my findings, the bitch got my 990jpy on nothing but morbid curiosity! :shock: At least I won't get hit with the HIV! :cool:
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

This is the same bullshit collection they sold on switch, with no practice options and 7+ frames of lag.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Sima Tuna wrote:This is the same bullshit collection they sold on switch, with no practice options and 7+ frames of lag.
The question is if they have the same lag on PS4 as on Switch. Has anyone tested the PS4 versions of the games that are already out? The PC versions do have less lag than Switch, but 4 frames seem to be a bit much for V-Sync off. I also read a post that claims that the Capcom Arcade Stadium Steam has very little input lag with Freesync/G-Sync on (I'm no expert on this, but it does seem to be very responsive).
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Sima Tuna wrote:This is the same bullshit collection they sold on switch, with no practice options and 7+ frames of lag.
Has it been confirmed there are no practice options? Early press said those features were going to be added, but I have not seen anything mentioned recently. I can deal with less than optimal lag, but no practice features are a deal breaker for me.
heli

Post by heli »

You mean no save states ?
Does zero gunner have cheat code ?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

After everyone slagged the zerodiv ports as low-effort cash-grabs they promised that they would update the ports with practice mode options (stage practice at the very least, maybe adjusting stage order/difficulty). That was at least over a year ago, crickets since then.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

EmperorIng wrote:After everyone slagged the zerodiv ports as low-effort cash-grabs they promised that they would update the ports with practice mode options (stage practice at the very least, maybe adjusting stage order/difficulty). That was at least over a year ago, crickets since then.
Fucking nice.

Yeah, I'd have to go back to my copy of Dragon Blaze to check (breaks my heart to see what they done to my boy!) But I'm pretty sure there are no options of any kind. Certainly no practice features.