The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Preorders

Post by NeoStrayCat »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Someone didn't read the whole post...
I did, I'm just not believing in Dispatch Games' lies. However, if by some reason they post an update of any kind (which I doubt, lol.), then I'll just be shocked they're still alive somehow, nothing more/less. But for now, I rest my case (and to believe) that their business has probably been ceased (unless otherwise noted).
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
jehu

Post by jehu »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:Someone didn't read the whole post...
I did, I'm just not believing in Dispatch Games' lies. However, if by some reason they post an update of any kind (which I doubt, lol.), then I'll just be shocked they're still alive somehow, nothing more/less. But for now, I rest my case (and to believe) that their business has probably been ceased (unless otherwise noted).
:wink:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:I also have a bridge downtown you may be interested in purchasing
---------

Also, very sorry to hear about the trouble you all had... Wonder if Tennessee Tim, or whoever ran this trash fire, is holding on to the Tengoku carts. (Did they ever exist at all, or was it just a sticker or a single prototype in the photo?) Hate to think there will be more money for them down the line selling these 'lost' collectors items.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

If I had to guess, the carts (or some of the carts) do exist. But Nintendo won't let you sell them as bare carts, and since you have to get the cases printed and assembled yourself, and Dispatch hasn't had the money to do that, they've just been sitting there. Kinda shows how desperate things must be if they couldn't afford to finish the standard editions even after doing the most expensive part.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Where did all the money went that they collected to provide these products, then?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If I had to guess, the carts (or some of the carts) do exist. But Nintendo won't let you sell them as bare carts, and since you have to get the cases printed and assembled yourself

My guess is the picture was of a 'test press'
Whenever you have a large order of something (cart, disc, record), the plant will send you 4-5 of the product to make sure everything is correct before they run off the full order. At which point, you either okay the run (and send the final payment, usually the plant will run the test press with only a 15%-20% deposit), or ask for changes before there's 1000 erroneously produced.

See also: The Radirgy soundtrack LP he posted a pic of. Also probably a test press.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

I'd say you have as much chance of receiving a test pressing of cruisinmix as you do an Amico console.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I'm not sure I even believe it's a test pressing. I kinda think he just printed some labels and faked one of each.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:If I had to guess, the carts (or some of the carts) do exist. But Nintendo won't let you sell them as bare carts, and since you have to get the cases printed and assembled yourself

My guess is the picture was of a 'test press'
No idea if Nintendo does test runs, but now that I check, the photo only shows a single cartridge. For some reason I had a memory that there was more than one stack of carts visible. You might well be right.
See also: The Radirgy soundtrack LP he posted a pic of. Also probably a test press.
Oh yeah, that one they were very open about. It was explicitly called a test pressing and it had a generic white test pressing label on it. They definitely never got around to printing sleeves or pressing real discs because they would have showed those off.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Really, I don't know what those were pictures of

What I DO know is that this guy should be handed a summons every time he turns around. Like, there should be a process server just parked outside of his house, and even if he's just taking his trash to the curb: "Excuse me? Mr. Schorr? You've been served for the fourth time today"
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

This very much sucks.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Updated the OP yet again, the saga continues:

This was posted at 8am. It is now almost 8pm. So "later today" has already come & gone.

At this point he deserves all the flames coming his way. He's brought it on himself being this constantly avoidant instead of just typing out an honest sentence.

"I got divorced, lost the house, and can't afford the carts atm."

"I dunno, I miscounted the company finances, things got hung up for so long without income that I'm broke, and I've just been paralyzed on the couch depressed AF for months."

"I got a rare strain of herpes at a Sonic the Hedgehog-themed swinger party and I wasn't paying myself health insurance so it wiped me out. Sorry."

"The gemstones told me through the vibrations that the Knicks were a lock. I don't know what happened."

There. I've just put more work into this guy's business than he has for the past year.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

OK, now I am shocked, lol. An actual update. Though yeah, I really don't see Dispatch themselves getting out of this predicament.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Sengoku Strider

NeoStrayCat wrote:OK, now I am shocked, lol. An actual update. Though yeah, I really don't see Dispatch themselves getting out of this predicament.
I mean, yet another update promising an update. The OP is just a long string of those now. "Things happening, work going on, news coming soon." *Tumbleweeds*

If these things ever actually ship, City Connection owes us a new software update that gives Tengoku tate on more than just the one original arcade mode. I mean, they should've done it way back before they ever tried to sell people dlc, but they've put us through a lot here leaving things in this guy's hands.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

And like clockwork...
Since he screwed up and accidentally allowed comments, PLEASE post that Uncut Gems jpg
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Updated the OP yet again, the saga continues:

Reminds me so much of Phil Adam and the Amico shit. Stringing people along forever. "We are working on releasing the games?" How? Why should we believe you? Give us some actual fucking evidence. Describe the process of how you're paying to produce carts, and what you're doing to get the games out. Tell us what companies you're working with. Post images of the factories and the carts being packaged. Don't just say "we're working on releasing the games" because that's bullshit. For all I know, shitposting that excuse on twitter technically counts as "working on releasing the games." Just like how Phil Adam said "we're fixing a bug" with the Amico. :lol:
Sengoku Strider

OP Updated again:

Turns out he just got his business entity revoked in two different states and didn't do anything about it for a month (and only when a blog site called him out on it) by accident. Life's so hectic sometimes, who can't relate?

"Addressed!"

"Next week!"

"...er, games?"

*Throws smoke bomb*
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

More vagueposting bullshit. I noticed in the replies that he's only responding to people demanding refunds in no uncertain terms. Probably desperate to avoid chargebacks or legal action. Those asking for updates on the games or any chance of seeing a product whatsoever? Cricket goes chirp.

And as the comments point out, he was listed as inactive for a substantial period of time before mentioning it anywhere. He only brings it up now because social media and news organizations are spreading the information. Comes across as super slimy. He probably thinks he can just refund the few angry people and keep the rest of the money/avoid providing mass refunds by staying quiet.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

He's been flipping out for the past few hours posting pictures of swag (sorry) he's already posted pictures of. (note: these posts were at like 3am TN time. Something tells me he went out and fortified himself with some "liquid courage")

Uh, he posted an invoice for game paradise carts with "proof" underlined that there are five cartons of 1000 in some "warehouse" somewhere.

(note: adjust my figure above. He collected 300 grand for Game Paradise...)

Basically, nothing that he hasn't posted before. Just with a lot of bluster behind it this time (see the above). Oh, he acknowledges the Radirgy LPs haven't been pressed (funny, I have one...). Probably because he already posted the plant's name, and one only has to go to their site to find out they're backed up until 2025.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

This guy's got some brass balls to still be talking the way he does...hell, just to still be talking at all. His entire enterprise is an unmitigated dumpster fire and has been for years now - since the outset, frankly - but somehow people are still supposed to believe that The Turnaround is imminent, as it forever has been. I was lucky enough to see the writing on the wall back in the Psyvariar Delta days and only got shafted a DLC code, but for the folks who were duped into thinking he could deliver much more demanding orders when he couldn't even be bothered to get that right, I absolutely hope somebody with the wherewithal to do so throws the book at him.

As I've said before, I'm willing to believe that Dispatch wasn't started with nefarious intentions, and if at some point he was willing to say "we messed up, it's over, here's the full story of how it happened, hopefully something can be salvaged for refunds down the line" I wouldn't be averse to taking it easier on the guy, but at this point it's way too late to interpret a single thing he says as anything other than the latest "look over there!" as he desperately attempts to dodge culpability for his years of screw-ups at others' expense. Sorry, but I sincerely hope he gets everything that's coming to him.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

As I've said before, I'm willing to believe that Dispatch wasn't started with nefarious intentions

Of course not. If that were the case he would have took the Psyvariar money and ran.

With that said, after bearing witness to the Psyvariar debacle, I was less than enthused to find out he was handling Radirgy. And upon voicing my apprehensions, was met with a chorus of "No, no. He's learned from the Psyvariar mishap, everything should be smooth sailing from now on" and I think people really wanted to believe it for whatever reason. But I never got the impression he knew what he was doing on a very basic level (I know of one person who after having his Psyvariar pre-order mysteriously canceled multiple times, finally acquired the game because he walked into a Walmart and found it on the sale rack. To date, his pre-order still hasn't been refunded, nor did it ever ship)
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

This guy couldn't ship an empty box on time.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Fuck’s sake, sue the bastard and be done with it.
Sengoku Strider

In "that's nice, but why didn't you show this 10 months ago?" news, Dispatch guy has posted an image of multiple carts in the warehouse to show that they do, in fact, exist. With the promise of more photos tomorrow:

In "is that even really news at this point?" news, he did not share additional pics tomorrow. Which is now yesterday.

But I am glad that there is some hope of this saga having a positive (I think we're past the point of saying 'happy') ending. I'd stayed optimistic for the past year, but this recent stuff had me finally giving up hope.

On the other hand, today is September 14, 2022. The previous time he posted a picture of a cart in the warehouse? September 14, 2021. My optimism remains tempered.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

If he has the product and he has the extras and they're all at the warehouse, why the fuck he can't ship them to people who already paid? This is what I want to know. All I've been seeing so far are refunds issued to vocal complainers on twitter (where their complaints hurt his ability to continue scamming.)
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Sima Tuna wrote:If he has the product and he has the extras and they're all at the warehouse, why the fuck he can't ship them to people who already paid? This is what I want to know. All I've been seeing so far are refunds issued to vocal complainers on twitter (where their complaints hurt his ability to continue scamming.)
I'm guessing there's a very simple answer here: He hasn't paid the warehouse and doesn't have the product on hand. He went, opened a box, and took a pic, but doesn't have the capitol to actually walk out with them.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Welp, he's broke and has no way to ship them. Maybe he should lick the cartridges for charity.
Sengoku Strider

Jonpachi wrote:
Sima Tuna wrote:If he has the product and he has the extras and they're all at the warehouse, why the fuck he can't ship them to people who already paid? This is what I want to know. All I've been seeing so far are refunds issued to vocal complainers on twitter (where their complaints hurt his ability to continue scamming.)
I'm guessing there's a very simple answer here: He hasn't paid the warehouse and doesn't have the product on hand. He went, opened a box, and took a pic, but doesn't have the capitol to actually walk out with them.
Wow, this makes so much sense. Other speculations online had been the cost of assembly, or waiting on extras for LEs while record pressing plants are backed up to 2025. But this makes the most sense, why he'd keep thinking he could start getting things out at the end of the (every) month. Like he just had to negotiate with the warehouse or get enough cash together for them to let him pay the rest off later, pray the current manager quit or died and the new guy would be softer, finally get a fortune cookie that actually came through, etc.

And why he would never just explain why he couldn't ship it. But honestly, a more savvy businessman would've just found a way to raise the capital through sympathy. Or offering up another product with the explanation funds from that were guaranteed to free up the previous one or something. I dunno, I'm not a savvy businessman.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

He should realize that he has two options, and only one of them has a future:

1) He can refuse to ship anything, wait until he gets sued, file for bankruptcy and leave the industry in a wave of bad feeling.

2) Or he can find a way to raise the money to ship them, fulfill his obligations, then use that minor "success" to try to build up his "company" again. Maybe get some new suckers signed up to pay for a new wave of games or a 2nd printing of whatever he can get the rights to. Maybe Intellivision will let him sell Amicos. :lol:

If he takes the first option, his career in the games industry is done. His company goes under and he has no future. His credit history is ruined and he has to work stocking shelves at an Amazon warehouse. He'll be known forever within the industry as a scam artist.

If he takes the second option, he can maybe salvage Dispatch. As I said, it's not as though he is issuing blanket refunds to EVERY person who has ordered. You have to find him and bitch at him loudly enough on a platform where he feels uncomfortable ignoring you. If he already knows there is 0% chance of him ever shipping a game out, then he should be scrambling to issue refunds to *all* of his customers. Every single order number should be getting a refund. He isn't doing that.

As a casual observer, I can't tell at a glance if he has means to ship or not. He whips out footage of games and tat like he's pulling out his dick to disprove some kid who says it's small. People already paid and he already took the money. He seems to be implying on twitter that he intends to ship eventually, or at least leading people on to conclude that. I consider showing all those photos on twitter highly unethical if HE KNOWS he will never ship those games.

You know what photo would impress me? Photos of the games being packaged into boxes and shipped to customers, with the customers providing photos at the receiving end, showing they got an actual game for their money. :lol:
Sengoku Strider

Sengoku Strider wrote:Image
Maybe captain trustworthy meant tomorrow next month. Dude went back underground immediately after this post 2+ weeks ago.

I know this crossed the "It's my own fault for not demanding a refund by this point" threshold a while back. But I keep telling myself the absurd demands of sticking this out mean it might end up a valuable curio if it ever sees the light of day. Also I just like the game.

And then there's the minor hitch of reports of people requesting refunds, him saying "ok, done," cancelling the order but not actually giving the money back. How much do I really want to go through that rigmarole?
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Hey Vito Corleone, I've got the 50 grand I owe you right here. No need to send two big jabronis over to break my legs. Will share additional pics tomorrow.