M2's Hisshou Same! Same! Same! Collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: M2's Hisshou Same! Same! Same! Collection

Post by BIL »

Angry Hina wrote:OMG, I've beaten yesterday the World version of Hishouzame surprisingly as a one life clear. I was very pleased and thought, that its a perfect result for me to move on. Right now I wanted to upload the run to my channel and what do I have to see? M2 didnt implemented the replay theatre for anything other than the main game.... Its so frustrating :´(((
Fuck, that's rough. :sad: Sorry to hear bud. I've been meaning to sort out some means of backup capture in case the PS4/5's internal one cocks something up (I've seen gaps when the HDD is near-full), but I'd not even considered the port itself doesn't save non-JP runs.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Angry Hina, what system are you on? With PS4 you can set up to have the last 60 mins always recorded just in case you got a good run. Frustrating for sure.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Switch :(
Steven

Post by Steven »

This is part of the reason I switched to PS5, as it actually records at 60FPS, unlike the PS4, and I'm too lazy to go get an external capture thingy. It also significantly increases the performance of a large number of my rather small collection of PS4 games.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

But if I had to go to my television, I possibly wouldnt have played that often to train and get that run.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

After around 4 further hours I finally got my 1lc: https://youtu.be/IaI9rJP64DQ
Nearly cleared stage 4 in 2nd loop but I never trained the 2nd loop difficulty and wont't in the near future. Deactivated the panels for the more comperable arcade experience. Iam also glad, I didnt went to using many bombs in the first 3 stages where I died quite often after my first 1lc which the game hasnt recorded. It would just look not that good ^^After playing so often stage 1 and 2, I forgot some route in stage 5 which I had to train again more precisely.

Lucky I am now done with this one :D
Last edited by Angry Hina on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Congrats, that must've been especially satisfying! I like to play sans ShotTriggers gadgets, too... they're a great feature, especially in more technical scoring games like Garegga, but particularly in Hishouzame's case, the world waited so long for an accurate home version, I'd rather just get the old "fog of war" POV. :mrgreen: Gotta say I prefer no horizontal pan at all these days, ala Same2P and Thunder Dragon 2.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

As I said, I played in between the US and EU Version of the game and you can see in some difficulty rankings that tha japanese version is often ranked a tiny bit higher. But I couldnt see any difference while playing. Same bullet speed (if I had to guess I would even think the bullets could be a tiny bit faster in the not japanese versions but could also be an illusion), same bullet count same HP, same items, same checkpoints... Does someone know if there really is a difference.