TATE Astro mini with Batrider, Batsugun, Outzone and more!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Samildanach

Re: TATE Astro mini with Batrider, Batsugun, Outzone and mor

Post by Samildanach »

Jonpachi wrote:Play-Asia has pre-orders up now. https://www.play-asia.com/astro-city-mini-v/13/70f4fn
That one says " Not available in your territory" for me (in the UK). Perhaps that means there is a European release planned later on? (Not asking you specifically, just a general musing)
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Jonpachi wrote:Play-Asia has pre-orders up now. https://www.play-asia.com/astro-city-mini-v/13/70f4fn
Bah, Play-Asia flat-out says "Sorry, this item is not available in your territory!".
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Play-Asia has pre-orders up now. https://www.play-asia.com/astro-city-mini-v/13/70f4fn

And... gone

I guess that makes up my mind for me...
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

These are just the first batch, and I'm sure we'll see more pre-orders popping up. I was able to grab one from that Play-Asia listing before posting, and I'm in the US for clarification. No idea why the UK would be a problem to ship to?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
biocat

Post by biocat »

Ghegs wrote:
biocat wrote:
reckon luck wrote:
(2022年夏発売予定) アストロシティミニ V【Amazon.co.jp限定】デジタル壁紙 配信
by Amazon.co.jp
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09NRJCPW3/ ... 43H928X6S0

This one is in stock!

That's the same product as jehu's from earlier, and it shows out of stock for me. Maybe it is a regional thing?

I guess so. I’m in Japan and it still says I can preorder it.
biocat

Post by biocat »

Make sure you look at the Amazon limited edition. The regular one is sold out.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

I managed to place an order on amazon.co.jp just now using a tenso.com shipping service address.
Steven

Post by Steven »

biocat wrote:Make sure you look at the Amazon limited edition. The regular one is sold out.
Looks like the regular one is back now. I should probably change from limited to regular, as I don't really care about wallpapers. Stuff without the Amazon preorder bonus sometimes decreases in price prior to launch anyway, so...
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I asked Play-Asia about this, and they replied:
Play-Asia wrote:Upon checking, I regret that the item 'Astro City Mini V' is not available
in European countries which include yours (Finland). It is because of
territory restrictions that we do not have controls. I hope you
understand.
Fuck me and the rest of Europe and maybe UK, then? I guess Amazon is under the same restrictions.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

That's bullshit. Can you get them to ship to a freight forwarder located in Japan or have someone purchase it on your behalf? I know there's folks like Rancor in Japan who act as a go-between.
BIL

Post by BIL »

GameDigga @ ebay is good peeps for that, me love him LONG time <3

Imma wait and see how this thing reviews. I'd love it to be acceptable. I'd bust for it to be good!
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I'm sure a proxy person or service could be found, sure (though I'm not sure if rancor is in that business anymore), but I wonder what has caused the restriction. It could be that some company has bought exclusive distribution rights for the system to EUR/UK, or it could be a license thing with the games themselves? THIS GAME IS FOR USE IN JAPAN ONLY, PROSECUTEDT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE JAM and all that. Though I suppose something like that would've also prevented the first Astro City Mini and Egret II Mini from being sold internationally as well.

My videos
BIL

Post by BIL »

It's gonna be so surreal if I see a decent home Batrider on the shelf in my local shithole dollar store. :lol:

(lately I've particularly enjoyed IREM's default warning: YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A CRIME :cool:)
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

The old models have the same flag on their page, it includes the controller so it's not like it's a size/mass limit with the shipping providers. I'd assume it's a condition the manufacturer has placed on retailers. You'd think that sort of thing would only be in place if they've got a partner in that territory and an agreement on export/import to avoid competition. Perhaps it's about to get a European release, no doubt with some of the more intersting titles swapped out for generic stuff like Altered Beast!
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:The old models have the same flag on their page, it includes the controller so it's not like it's a size/mass limit with the shipping providers. I'd assume it's a condition the manufacturer has placed on retailers. You'd think that sort of thing would only be in place if they've got a partner in that territory and an agreement on export/import to avoid competition. Perhaps it's about to get a European release, no doubt with some of the more intersting titles swapped out for generic stuff like Altered Beast!
Oh please no.

Perhaps Strictly Limited Games have picked it up, they seem to have influenced other Japanese releases such as the removal of English translations in Cotton.
Alternatively, Shmup Junkie is teasing some big Toaplan-related announcement soon and the Astro Mini V is certainly Toaplan heavy.
BIL

Post by BIL »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:The old models have the same flag on their page, it includes the controller so it's not like it's a size/mass limit with the shipping providers. I'd assume it's a condition the manufacturer has placed on retailers. You'd think that sort of thing would only be in place if they've got a partner in that territory and an agreement on export/import to avoid competition. Perhaps it's about to get a European release, no doubt with some of the more intersting titles swapped out for generic stuff like Altered Beast!
If that happens I'll be ringing up me ol' mate in Nihon just to spite the lousy fucks :evil:

(I mean I'd be down with even the most vanilla stuff if it's done to ACA standard, but yeah >_>)
CRP

Post by CRP »

just for games handled the eu release of first mini. just guessing but a couple of months delay for mini v in eu, japan release in summer 22 so mayby before x-mas 22 in eu ?
https://sega-astrocity.justforgames.com/?lang=en
Marc

Post by Marc »

XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Different product, that's the Egret II Mini. Thread here.

My videos
davyK

Post by davyK »

If connecting this to an external monitor/display is there an option to rotate the screen? The video I saw of it working shows it connected to a hori screen with no rotation....Not an issue with a large screen but would be a nice option for smaller displays. This is the 1st mini of anything I've seen that I'd like.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ghegs wrote:
Too much pre-Xmas beer!
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
davyK

Post by davyK »

Marc wrote:
Ghegs wrote:
Too much pre-Xmas beer!

No such thing. :)
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

davyK wrote:If connecting this to an external monitor/display is there an option to rotate the screen?
It's a selling point, actually. You'll be able to even move the displayed area and rotate 90º or 270º.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Its sold out, but thats a good thing. Too many people preordering with no quality assurances on the end product and still lots of questions to be asked of the product.

Mind you, if people liked the first edition then they will probably like this one as well.

I can't really see myself playing on a tiny screen so it would be for gameroom shelf only if the display on your big screen is not up to par. With Analogue products already out there with tons of features hitting the sweet spot in many areas its kind of strange to take a step backwards.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

neorichieb1971 wrote:I can't really see myself playing on a tiny screen so it would be for gameroom shelf only if the display on your big screen is not up to par.
Again, there's HDMI out, and we've also confirmed that there will be Tate options. TBF, we don't yet know how perfect the emulation will be, but I think we can at least get past the idea that anyone is seriously going to be playing this on the mini console alone.
davyK

Post by davyK »

Bassa-Bassa wrote:
davyK wrote:If connecting this to an external monitor/display is there an option to rotate the screen?
It's a selling point, actually. You'll be able to even move the displayed area and rotate 90º or 270º.

That's excellent news.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Right now you can order this on amazon.co.jp without using a proxy service. I just changed my order to skip dealing with Tenso.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Thanks for the heads-up, I got my pre-order in now.

Hopefully it wasn't just a mistake on Amazon's part so they won't end up cancelling the order.

My videos
Steven

Post by Steven »

I wish I had bought the arcade stick last year, as it's now 20000 yen+ from resellers. Hopefully Sega will make some more of them.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Steven wrote:I wish I had bought the arcade stick last year, as it's now 20000 yen+ from resellers. Hopefully Sega will make some more of them.
I regret it as well, but I opted to go for a pair of the control pads they made and they are really nice. Pretty damn close to a Japanese Saturn pad, though the d-pad itself is made out of a slick, hard plastic that feels a little weird at first.