RayStorm port differences and some other questions

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
RadiantAnsel

RayStorm port differences and some other questions

Post by RadiantAnsel »

I'm working in something special for all of you RayStorm fans, but before I keep going, I would like to know a thing or two.

1) Is there any significant differences between Arcade and PS1?
I played the game multiple times and I couldn't really tell differences among the two, they are essentially the same thing for me, and unlike G Darius, this game doesn't have too many things going on (G Darius PS1 is just an experience both technically and playability wise), but I might be missing something, so I would like to know if there is anything I should keep in mind.

2) Does the game uses any significant AutoFire frequencies in arcades?
As the question says, I saw a Hey Photo for RayForce using a funky setup (if someone knows the proper way to replicate this, please let me know, thanks in advance!), but does RayStorm uses anything like this or not really? I couldn't find anything about it and every setup I find is literally just 3 buttons.

3) What's your opinion in the RayStorm HD graphics?
If you see a conection between the 3, you know where this is going to be, I would like to know what your opinion is in the RayStorm HD remastered graphics, I got a couple of problems with it, but they are minimal and I think I can fix them for the project, but I want to see what your experience with those.
No fails are allowed.
BrianC

Re: RayStorm port differences and some other questions

Post by BrianC »

Raystorm PS1 has a new mode called extra that remixes things a bit.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Not to mention the PS2 Taito Legends 2 port which is a mix between Arcade and PlayStation since it only features the arcade mode, but with the loading screens and interruptions of the PS port (same for its port of G-Darius)
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

Sturmvogel Prime wrote:Not to mention the PS2 Taito Legends 2 port which is a mix between Arcade and PlayStation since it only features the arcade mode, but with the loading screens and interruptions of the PS port (same for its port of G-Darius)
I didn't know that. So, it seems they used different roms for the Taito Memories in Japan.