Found the German box for Over Horizon

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Skyknight

Found the German box for Over Horizon

Post by Skyknight »

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/media/nin ... er-horizon

I don’t read German, but I was able to transcribe the first paragraph into Google Translate, and actually got something intelligible. Original German:
Einen Monat nach Beginn der Experimente zerstörte die Föderationsregierung von Alfaros, jedoch den Planaten Elisa zusammen mit den Kreaturen. Die Regierung hatte erkannt daß die Kreaturen das Potential bosaßen, bis zu einen Großen heranzuwachsen, die so enorm ist, daß sie in der Lage waron, das gesamte Alfaros System zu verchslingen.
The translation I got:
One month after the experiments began, the Federation government of Alfaros, however, destroyed the planet Elisa along with the creatures. The government had recognized that the creatures had the potential to grow to a size so enormous that they were able to devour the entire Alfaros system.
(It would appear GT doesn’t quite know what to do with “jedoch”.)

The second paragraph is a bit tough for me to comprehend for transcription, though. Anyone want to take a stab at it?
Fudoh

Re: Found the German box for Over Horizon

Post by Fudoh »

The English translation result is considerably better than the German "original". There's no way a German-native wrote that in the first place.