M2 ESPRADE - Switch or PS4 Version?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BrianC

Re: M2 ESPRADE - Switch or PS4 Version?

Post by BrianC »

subcons wrote:
BrianC wrote:I heard the flipgrip doesn't work with the oled switch?
Some say it works fine, but it was way too tight for comfort when I tried sliding my OLED into it. I just went ahead and sold it (for a decent profit, it being complete with all the packaging) and bought this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1124751598 ... essory-for

Highly recommend it! The only other problem with using something like this or the Flip Grip is the limited options you have when it comes to wireless Joy-Cons with a decent dpad. I researched the hell out of this and even bought a few of the most recommended products, but I returned all of them because none were anywhere near as good as the Hori Joy-Con, which isn’t wireless unfortunately.
Thanks for the link. That grip sounds great and I went ahead and bought it.
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

Hey guys I just picked up Esprade for Switch. Glad to report I'm very happy with it.

However something is bugging me - does anyone know how to save your hi scores? Whenever I turn off the Switch or load another game my meagre scores get lost.

Currently using good old pen and paper.

Thanks
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

It's common for arcade games to not save high scores. I think most M2 ports handle that the same way as the original board would. Like G Darius does save them for example.

So it's the online leaderboards. Or a good alternative would be just save state at the attract mode after you set a new PB. Load that save every time you play and over write it once you get a new score.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Shouldn't ShotTriggers releases track your scores in the ranking viewer thing?
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Steven wrote:Shouldn't ShotTriggers releases track your scores in the ranking viewer thing?
Oh that's right. You have to toggle online ranking to local.
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

Ok thanks I'll try that.