How Does Cotton 2 (Saturn) play with an Action Replay cart?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MrOldSchoolCool

How Does Cotton 2 (Saturn) play with an Action Replay cart?

Post by MrOldSchoolCool »

I'm not sure if this belongs in the hardware section, so I apologize if I got that wrong.

I know that some Saturn games that use the 1MB ram expansion (most notably Metal Slug) don't work as well with the action replay as they do with the official 1MB cart. Anybody have experience playing Cotton 2 on the Saturn with either method? How does it run?

The recently released Cotton compilation apparently has horrific input lag, so I'm looking into the Saturn version.
SuperDeadite

Re: How Does Cotton 2 (Saturn) play with an Action Replay ca

Post by SuperDeadite »

Cotton 2 runs perfectly fine with any RAM cart afaik. Cotton 2 only uses it to enable full voice samples. Some people may actually prefer to play the game without the cart depending on if you find Cotton's shrill voice cute or ear piercing. Lol.
MrOldSchoolCool

Post by MrOldSchoolCool »

SuperDeadite wrote:Cotton 2 runs perfectly fine with any RAM cart afaik. Cotton 2 only uses it to enable full voice samples. Some people may actually prefer to play the game without the cart depending on if you find Cotton's shrill voice cute or ear piercing. Lol.
Haha good to know! Thank you. Very helpful answer.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have both the official 1m and Action Replay and I'm under the impression that it works great with both.