Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Sakuretsu‼ Chorogon☆Breath

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Sakuretsu‼ Chorogon☆Bre

Post by EmperorIng »

I thought it was the 22nd and had gotten mildly excited (as much as I can for some jank kusoge). Too bad I have to wait another week.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I keep forgetting this game exists. I payed a bunch to get the import, thought it was ok, played something else instead the next day, and never turned it back on. Just one of those games. I never really got into Caladrius either, so maybe it's just that style that doesn't excite me.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Now out on PC/Steam for $30 (or regional equivelant).

The Director's Cut update for consoles will be out on 11/2/22. https://twitter.com/maidragon_game/stat ... 5310431233
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

NeoStrayCat wrote: The Director's Cut update for consoles will be out on 11/2/22. https://twitter.com/maidragon_game/stat ... 5310431233
Since the tweet is in Japanese, I assume this only applies to the JP version. I regret buying the Aksys localized version.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

prophetic wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote: The Director's Cut update for consoles will be out on 11/2/22. https://twitter.com/maidragon_game/stat ... 5310431233
Since the tweet is in Japanese, I assume this only applies to the JP version. I regret buying the Aksys localized version.
I don't see why the overseas/US English release woudn't get it, the game is also in English if you also import the JP release, so both games have the same text languages. Chances are, that version will/might get the update too, unusre if its going to be on the same date however.
---
Edit/Update (12/12/22): Well, have the English (ESRB/T) version on PS4 (and assuming same on Switch), it seems they don't have the Director's Cut update, sadly.
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

does anyone know what the actual gameplay differences are in director’s cut? I just tried it on PS4 and didn’t notice anything particularly different other than dead leaderboards on the new mode. maybe the inactive characters recharge health more quickly, I can’t remember if it was this fast before
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Why do the player characters sometimes get surrounded by an aura after being hit? Why do they sometimes get surrounded by an aura without being hit? Is it just a general attack buff or something? What does it actually do?

Also anyone willing to share some some wisdom on the melee attacks/backdash and when/how to use them? I swear sometimes my character is invulnerable right after landing the attack and sometimes they aren't. If that's really happening, then I don't know what is causing it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

pulsemod wrote:does anyone know what the actual gameplay differences are in director’s cut? I just tried it on PS4 and didn’t notice anything particularly different other than dead leaderboards on the new mode. maybe the inactive characters recharge health more quickly, I can’t remember if it was this fast before
Well, I have no clue, since its been a while going back to this. Other than just boss images upon defeat (if done quickly), and adjusted difficulty, that's really much it.
DietSoap wrote:Why do the player characters sometimes get surrounded by an aura after being hit? Why do they sometimes get surrounded by an aura without being hit? Is it just a general attack buff or something? What does it actually do?

Also anyone willing to share some some wisdom on the melee attacks/backdash and when/how to use them? I swear sometimes my character is invulnerable right after landing the attack and sometimes they aren't. If that's really happening, then I don't know what is causing it.
Yeah, if you get hit and if their character art appears, they go into a "Raging Spark" state. This can happen twice per character, however, the buff only affects the stage they're currently on. Similar to Caladrius Blaze's "Shame Break" system, where they do get a buff for attacks upon life loss if their portratis appear upon specific conditions.

Also, yeah, for "Striking Blows", its a mixed bag on how to use them properly, even essentially if you're tanking hits here and there if/when it happens.

Anyways, the US console versions finally got the "Directors Cut" update (which I thought they woudn't have after taking long since the JP console versions and PC/Steam version getting it a while back). https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1 ... 2013624320
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Anyways, the US console versions finally got the "Directors Cut" update (which I thought they woudn't have after taking long since the JP console versions and PC/Steam version getting it a while back). https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1 ... 2013624320
Yes! I keep hoping for this news whenever I see this thread get bumped.