Galaxy Storm (JPN EShop)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ATTRACTS

Galaxy Storm (JPN EShop)

Post by ATTRACTS »

Anyone check this out yet? Released today, I’m intrigued by the visuals but can’t find a trailer anywhere.
SPM

Re: Galaxy Storm (JPN EShop)

Post by SPM »

INDIE Live Expo 2021

This is all I've found... Barely 20 secs of gameplay
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
clippa

Post by clippa »

Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Looks like a family friendly version of Goubakuran Rumble Storm. Edit: thanks for link clippa.

There's a demo on dlsite (nsfw warning). It's a colorful and nice looking game, but I don't care for the style of bullet patterns: lots of super fast random splatter spreads, with slo-mo just before the hit. And I generally like fast paced games, for example Super XYX really clicked with me, but this one feels off.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
SPM

Post by SPM »

Oh I knew it looked familiar! Actually the disgusting non-family friendly version put me off... but now I may give it a try! (if it supports TATE! I don't want to have those boobs bouncing the whole time right there haha)

I'll try the demo first, thanks for the link!
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Just found out that this was originally an H-game...
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

Wait til this guy learns about goya
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
FRO

Post by FRO »

SPM wrote:Oh I knew it looked familiar! Actually the disgusting non-family friendly version put me off... but now I may give it a try! (if it supports TATE! I don't want to have those boobs bouncing the whole time right there haha)

I'll try the demo first, thanks for the link!
I'm curious about the TATE question, as well. I was following the development originally as Goku Baku Ran on Twitter, and when it was revealed that it would be an h-game, I kinda lost interest. But if a non-h version has been released, and we can get TATE support w/o having to have the extra stuff, it may be worth looking into further.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Buraigun Galaxy Storm finally showed up on the USA region Switch eShop 8-12-21 and is a mere 169mb d/l. It's listed at version 1.1R. I was hoping for tate option but it's not present & the framerate chugs along at about 30fps (it could be due to using the Pixel Game Maker engine itself with it's current framerate limitation issue). Is there a hack to be able to play BGS at a more respectable arcade-spec 60fp framerate?

I like the subtle stage visual aesthetics/nods towards the stg classics of Ray Force/Layer Section, Tatsujin & even a nod towards Crimson Clover with one particular end-stage boss' likeness.

There is a total of nine gallery images to unlock with certain criteria/goals met & they're unlocked for good.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

kinda surprised he felt a need to completely scrub the lewd from the game for an eShop release given some of other content on that storefront :lol:
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Caladrius Blaze is where I draw the line on fan service. Even the edited version of this game is a little much. If it comes about this is a really good game or there is a deep discount I may pick it ip. But even at $12 this is a pass for me.