No Zatsuza training on DDPDFK(Steam)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
irakatz

No Zatsuza training on DDPDFK(Steam)

Post by irakatz »

Hi all,

I am playing Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label on Steam, and I wish to defeat Zatsuza. But I find that this game does not provide the training of Zatsuza (only Hibachi ON/OFF).

My friends remind me that I can use a MAME emulator to practice. But MAME cannot emulate this game well. I means, MAME does not emulate the "loss" of this game, and I must bear the numerous bullets with high speed.

So I really need some methods to practice. For example, a well-emulated MAME.

Can someone help me?
el_rika

Re: No Zatsuza training on DDPDFK(Steam)

Post by el_rika »

Use a recent version of mame, with these values (only for Strong mode):
Cpu 39.3 Mhz
Blitter Delay 57%

(If you use a mame version older than 0.192, use Cpu 41.57 Mhz, same blitter).

Don't know how reliable save/loading is though, maybe someone can recommend you a good mame fork for this purpose.
WelshMegalodon

Re: No Zatsuza training on DDPDFK(Steam)

Post by WelshMegalodon »

irakatz wrote:So I really need some methods to practice. For example, a well-emulated MAME.
There is no such thing, at least not yet. Emulating blitter delay, wait states, and cache efficiency correctly is no trivial matter, and I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire