Shmups that DON'T use the ones digit for continues

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
christianbelchior

Shmups that DON'T use the ones digit for continues

Post by christianbelchior »

Looking for shmups that comply what the title of the topic says: don't use the ones digit for continues. I know some examples like Daifukkatsu, Ketsui and ZeroRanger, but there are more obscure examples of this that I'm looking to uncover with help from you shmuppers.
To help you on finding examples: A shmup can qualify for this such as by allowing the player to score amounts that AREN'T multiples of 10.
7V'WGوv–7†G–wvو–ِF”ض¶6WfV†GG†w
christianbelchior

Re: Shmups that DON'T use the ones digit for continues

Post by christianbelchior »

Nothing worth of mention to what you linked to, might just be a pertubation to what the topic is about.
7V'WGوv–7†G–wvو–ِF”ض¶6WfV†GG†w
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Mushi doesn't annotate the score for continues and it is kind of annoying. I find it to be really helpful in tracking progress.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Soukyugurentai gives something like 650 001 points for collecting the 11th+ bomb. So the last digit is a decent , but not perfect, indicator of how many bomb bonuses you collected.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Dangun Feveron was the first game to spring to mind, for me. Every enemy iirc starts its value at one point and whatever your current discomen number is, they are worth that amount instead... something like that!

Likewise, Alpha Denshi's Sky Adventure doesn't use the last digit to determine continues - there are lots of enemies/destructible bullets in that game worth 1pt.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Shippu Mahou Daisakusen (aka Kingdom Grandprix) resets your score if you continue. After finishing a race in last place (8th), you gain 1 point. So the last digit indicates how many times you've lost the race, pretty neat!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

I noticed this in Guwange, Deathsmiles, and Raiden Fighters Jet recently. It always takes me off guard at first because I'm used to seeing the last digit as 0.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
MathU

Post by MathU »

Meriscan wrote:Shippu Mahou Daisakusen (aka Kingdom Grandprix) resets your score if you continue. After finishing a race in last place (8th), you gain 1 point. So the last digit indicates how many times you've lost the race, pretty neat!
Somehow I took note of the decent score bonuses for high race placement but I never paid attention to the 1's digit. Now I'll never be able to hide this shame on my 2-loop clears. :oops:
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.