R-Type III emulation?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SPM

R-Type III emulation?

Post by SPM »

What's the best way to properly play R-Type III these days (without buying the original cart)? Any recommendation? Any SNES emulator in particular? It's high time I finally play that gem! :D
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Harpuia

Re: R-Type III emulation?

Post by Harpuia »

Literally any SNES emulator will run the game just fine. My recommendation is Snes9x
SPM

Post by SPM »

Thanks! Will go with that one :)
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
John4300

Post by John4300 »

I've personally liked to use Bizhawk nowdays. For me it works a bit better with modern computers and emulates multiple systems. It seems to keep things looking nicely pixelated (And in aspect ratio), which I personally prefer. But indeed, any SNES emulator works, I don't think I've ever had problems running R-Type III. Just be a bit cautious of the version numbers, I think one of them is a prototype. The naming is a bit odd.

Edit: I might be wrong about the prototype thing, actually. Sorry.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

Snes9x supports overclocking which you can use to play without slowdown. Might get you killed in Super R-Type but in III it's great.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Have fun with this. Iirc the US vers is slightly easier than JPN. I would recommend the US one due to the idiotic amount of hits it takes to beat the stage 4 boss in the JPN vers. Cyclone Force's blue spread laser wrecks everything in the game.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]