Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DenimDemon

Re: Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

Post by DenimDemon »

Yeah ive noticed it too. Its a real loud "crack" sound when the mid boss goes down...

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
RGC

Post by RGC »

I may have missed this being discussed already, but looks like Esp2 port is missing some things like the gem spew that happens after the midboss on stage 2 and the extend on stage 3? Both in "Normal" and "Arcade" modes.

Edit: Foolish post is foolish
Last edited by RGC on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Are you 100%?
Remember that:
1.The gem/gold fountain is activated only if the mid boss is killed in a certain amount of time.
2.The life appears only if all mid boss's parts are destroyed and no bomb is used.
It would be strange to have these missing here, since this is a port straight from the 360 port.
RGC

Post by RGC »

el_rika wrote:Are you 100%?
Remember that:
1.The gem/gold fountain is activated only if the mid boss is killed in a certain amount of time.
2.The life appears only if all mid boss's parts are destroyed and no bomb is used.
It would be strange to have these missing here, since this is a port straight from the 360 port.
I've experimented with this and was fairly sure I'd met all the conditions, but nada. It's possible I messed up. I'm not quite back up to a consistent level with this game yet. Was competent at meeting these conditions every time on the 360 years ago. Rusty as hell these days. :)

Can anyone else confirm?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

RGC wrote:
el_rika wrote:Are you 100%?
Remember that:
I've experimented with this and was fairly sure I'd met all the conditions, but nada. It's possible I messed up. I'm not quite back up to a consistent level with this game yet. Was competent at meeting these conditions every time on the 360 years ago. Rusty as hell these days. :)

Can anyone else confirm?
To clarify with the extend:
All 6 midboss components must be destroyed.
The player cannot discharge any Guard Barrier from the moment the midboss battle begins until after the extend is revealed.
The player must enter zetsu at the end of the stage to uncover the extend.

I've had no trouble triggering the extend at the end of stage 3 in either mode or the bonus item fountains in stage 2 in either mode. One thing I have noticed though is that in Normal Mode, the game heavily favours gold in stage 2 over gems (it's quite rare that I get jems.. more often than not, I get gold).
RGC

Post by RGC »

Kiken wrote: The player must enter zetsu at the end of the stage to uncover the extend.
Ah! Idiot me, totally forget the simplest part of the process! I'd been destroying all 6 turrets, no guard, no damage, every time. And then forgetting to enter zetsu mode to reveal the 1up. :oops:

With the stage 2 midboss, I forget whether a short burst of barrier is necessary to kill him quick enough to trigger the gem/gold fountain, or whether full laser to the face is sufficient.

It's amazing how I'd forgotten these requirements but still recall and respond to many of the bullet patterns I haven't seen for the best part of a decade.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Mushihimesama getting a physical release from Limited Run Games

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 3066369033
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

pablumatic wrote:Mushihimesama getting a physical release from Limited Run Games

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 3066369033
Gonna be the third time I buy a physical copy...
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
miwa

Post by miwa »

Nice, I've been waiting for a physical release
CRP

Post by CRP »

pablumatic wrote:Mushihimesama getting a physical release from Limited Run Games
Havent orderd from lrg before. on the page it says "PREORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, November 28, 2021 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME."
so i preorders cant sell out ? im hopeing to order mid november , am i safe or should i preorder asap ?
Last edited by CRP on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jehu

Post by jehu »

They're selling it with a Mushi-themed arcade peripheral for OG and OLED Switches. Looks like you can plug in another controller into the USB-C if you're not into the Joycon setup (who would be?). Not for me, but interesting nevertheless.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

CRP wrote: Havent orderd from lrg before. on the page it says "PREORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, November 28, 2021 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME."
so i preorders cant sell out ? im hopeing to order mid november , am i safe or should i preorder asap ?
You'll be safe until that final listed date.

LRG stopped doing limited number pre-orders since COVID started, for the most part. This is not a limited amount release either. Just limited in days to order.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

That mini-cab is hilariously stupid. For the Switch owner that has a regular Switch but wants to have a comically miserable experience?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Yeesh. Dreadful. That quarter slot is tacky.

In for the single cart release and hoping there will be a Japanese release.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Just becuase you can doesn't mean you should...
CRP

Post by CRP »

pablumatic wrote:
CRP wrote: Havent orderd from lrg before. on the page it says "PREORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, November 28, 2021 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME."
You'll be safe until that final listed date.

LRG stopped doing limited number pre-orders since COVID started, for the most part. This is not a limited amount release either. Just limited in days to order.
Thats great , thanks
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

CRP wrote:
Havent orderd from lrg before. on the page it says "PREORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, November 28, 2021 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME."
It's an 'open preorder', so you're safe. They'll print as many copies as they get orders for up to the deadline, which ideally is how these things should always work.
WeedyRainfall

Post by WeedyRainfall »

Yo, you guys are a bunch of haters lolz, that mini cabinet looks awesome as shit and i'm gonna rock the shit out of it (hooked up to my RAP V that is like 10 times the size of it lol)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I think Mushihimesama is the only Cave game left that I don't own in some form (PS2 release was kinda panned when it came out, X360 one was region locked), so this release is very welcome.

That collectors edition is a joke though, lol. I've bought a couple of collector's from LRG before, usually with a lot more swag too, and they've all been really bad.
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Absolute garbage by LRG as per usual.
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Dear me, you lot are a miserable bunch...
CRP

Post by CRP »

WeedyRainfall wrote:Yo, you guys are a bunch of haters lolz, that mini cabinet looks awesome as shit and i'm gonna rock the shit out of it (hooked up to my RAP V that is like 10 times the size of it lol)
Im in doubt if there is a usb option, i think you just can slide in the screen in that slot. If it was a dock that had all the usb connections etc it would be cool but i dosent seams it. Hope im wrong though.
guigui

Post by guigui »

CRP wrote:
WeedyRainfall wrote:Yo, you guys are a bunch of haters lolz, that mini cabinet looks awesome as shit and i'm gonna rock the shit out of it (hooked up to my RAP V that is like 10 times the size of it lol)
Im in doubt if there is a usb option, i think you just can slide in the screen in that slot. If it was a dock that had all the usb connections etc it would be cool but i dosent seams it. Hope im wrong though.
From what I've read, it is just a decorated plastic thingie, with holes to fit regular or Oled Switch, a joycon, and -- oh marvelous idea -- little holes on both sides, one to let sound out, one to plug the charger.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Let's be a little less pro derp...
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Do you believe that these special collector (or just physical, whatever) editions by external publishers for the western markets will get with the time the cult (price) that today have the classic releases from previous generations by the original Japanese publishers or the people are already realizing how tacky they actually are?
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

LOL, that "cab". Hey let's stretch the screen while we're at it! Insulting to shmup fans. I was really hoping someone else would release this physically.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

It's using the Switch as the screen, what would you expect. Still, it's lame, I agree.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Looks like something you'd get from a happy meal.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

You guys are being so over the top, lol. There are tons of these mini Switch cabs, they've been around for a couple of years now. This isn't even a bad one, the price for buying it separately is less than the same type of thing costs at Gamestop. Not sure how it's not a better bonus than 'art cards,' stickers or pins, the usual round up.
Bassa-Bassa wrote:Do you believe that these special collector (or just physical, whatever) editions by external publishers for the western markets will get with the time the cult (price) that today have the classic releases from previous generations by the original Japanese publishers or the people are already realizing how tacky they actually are?
I'm sure this means something it's giving but seizure me a
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Sengoku Strider wrote:You guys are being so over the top, lol. There are tons of these mini Switch cabs, they've been around for a couple of years now. This isn't even a bad one, the price for buying it separately is less than the same type of thing costs at Gamestop. Not sure how it's not a better bonus than 'art cards,' stickers or pins, the usual round up.
Cards, stickers or pins aren't lame, impossible attempts at replicating something in mini form factor.

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Bassa-Bassa wrote:Do you believe that these special collector (or just physical, whatever) editions by external publishers for the western markets will get with the time the cult (price) that today have the classic releases from previous generations by the original Japanese publishers or the people are already realizing how tacky they actually are?
I'm sure this means something it's giving but seizure me a
I can rephrase it just for you, no worries:

Do you believe that these special collector editions (or just physical editions, whatever) by external publishers for the western markets will get with the time the cult status (price) that the classic releases from previous generations by the original Japanese publishers have got today or the people are already realizing how tacky they actually are?