Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jonpachi

Re: Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

Post by Jonpachi »

^ Yep! Switch is a dream in this regard. It'll also default to your preferred language if it's available.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
davyK

Post by davyK »

Thanks....thought that was the case (just saw it says region free on the website too).

Think I'll bite. I have the other Switch Cave games physical for 360 but don't have Mushi.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

davyK wrote:Can anyone confirm that the physical release of Mushi for Switch will run on my UK console?

Limited Run seem to be a US company (I mistook them for strictly limited games!) and just want to be sure in case it need a US account.
Haven't heard of any region restrictions whatsoever for the Switch. I know I have created a Japanese account on my console, accessed the Japanese eshop to download some exclusives, and then been able to play them fine back on my main US account.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
davyK

Post by davyK »

pre-ordered!

:)
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Klatrymadon wrote:Are you pausing the game at all, Kiken? The Switch port seems to be based on the Steam one, which would desync recordings if they were interrupted with pauses (at least for me - I'm sure they desynced for other reasons too, since the problem was very prevalent). Might be worth a look - I did manage to record a run once I'd sussed this out...
Nope, not using any pauses during play. It's so weird that the replays consistently desync during the stage 2 boss.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

There is one restriction. DLC is often tied to region and sometimes needs to be purchased from the same region's eshop. Other games count as a purchase for multiple regions and allow you to purchase the DLC from a different region that has the same version of the game. I had to create a Hong Kong account to purchase DLC for the Asian version of Touhou Spell Bubble, though I heard the DLC for US and JP regions is compatible.
RealPlumpBox

Post by RealPlumpBox »

Any word on the DDP release yet? I thought they said that all three would be out this year. I k ow we still got a mo the and a half but a date would be great.
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

RealPlumpBox wrote:Any word on the DDP release yet? I thought they said that all three would be out this year. I k ow we still got a mo the and a half but a date would be great.
November 25th, brother. Saw Elixir posted a link to the Japanese Switch store on the twitter
harborline765

Post by harborline765 »

bobrocks95 wrote:
davyK wrote:Can anyone confirm that the physical release of Mushi for Switch will run on my UK console?

Limited Run seem to be a US company (I mistook them for strictly limited games!) and just want to be sure in case it need a US account.
Haven't heard of any region restrictions whatsoever for the Switch. I know I have created a Japanese account on my console, accessed the Japanese eshop to download some exclusives, and then been able to play them fine back on my main US account.
If you want all your games on a single account you can also do that without creating a second Japanese account. Just log in to your Nintendo account and change the region associated with it. Then the next time you open the eShop you’ll get the Japanese eShop.
harborline765

Post by harborline765 »

BrianC wrote:There is one restriction. DLC is often tied to region and sometimes needs to be purchased from the same region's eshop. Other games count as a purchase for multiple regions and allow you to purchase the DLC from a different region that has the same version of the game. I had to create a Hong Kong account to purchase DLC for the Asian version of Touhou Spell Bubble, though I heard the DLC for US and JP regions is compatible.
Yup. For many games it’s a single SKU for the entire world, and DLC is also region free. In those cases a game I buy from the European eShop shows as purchased on the Japanese eShop.

However when publishing rights change - which normally happens with physical editions - a new SKU is made for the game and DLC is tied to wherever that SKU was published. You can tell what SKU a game is by looking at the serial number on the game card. The last letter will tell you the SKU. “A” is always the first SKU to be published for a game.
CRP

Post by CRP »

regarding ddp GSK wrote this twit
Live Wire's had multiple superplayers working on this port to try and get the slowdown more accurate than the X360/PC versions, btw

they're also patching leaderboards into the previous Switch ports, afaik Mushihimesama's getting patched today
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1461089046583676928
Hero of Legend

Post by Hero of Legend »

SPM

Post by SPM »

I checked my Mushihimesama's replays today and they desync for me as well. (Except novice ultra, that one worked well... Hmmm...).

Does Espgaluda II suffer from this as well? And does anyone know if Live Wire is aware of this and plan to fix it? (I've read they are indeed going to add online leaderboards, so this could also be on their road map)
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Wow! DDP will include Black Label.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Just downloaded Mushi and Esp 2. WOW is all I got to say. I'll be double dipping on the Limited Run Mushi. Hopefully Esp 2 and the upcoming Do Don Pachi will also get a physical. It's games like this that keep me interested in gaming. Haven't bought a AAA release in ages.
Hero of Legend

Post by Hero of Legend »

I really want to know what's next on Live Wire's road map. I'm pleasantly surprised they got all three ports out in just 5 months. Wonder if they'll do another group of three Cave ports or maybe try their hand at another company's shmups? I'd sure love to see them do Milestone's 5 NAOMI shmups if RS34's willing to let them do it.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Any speculation on why these aren't getting put out on PS4? I saw the DDPR announcement, wanted to be excited, but this just kills me.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

bigbadboaz wrote:Any speculation on why these aren't getting put out on PS4? I saw the DDPR announcement, wanted to be excited, but this just kills me.
I believe its due to the near total market domination the Switch has in Japan.
jehu

Post by jehu »

[it's now out in Japan - w/ text in English - go get it]
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

bigbadboaz wrote:Any speculation on why these aren't getting put out on PS4? I saw the DDPR announcement, wanted to be excited, but this just kills me.
Sony literally abandoned support for Japanese developers. You have to be Namco/Capcom-tier for them to care. Some games are still going multiplatform, but anyone with limited resources, or who sees Japan as their core market is most probably going to be Switch only, with a potential PC release down the road.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Boy does that ever suck. Thanks for the insights, guys.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

From what I hear it's also generally really really difficult to push any 2D releases on Sony platforms, still.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

I'd love to know what's your source for that, at least to know if it involves the Japanese market.

I'm more inclined to say it's just a matter of where the Japanese public moved to. Before the Switch's massive success the (Japanese) PS4 was getting all the 2D games. Now the publishers don't find it worthy unless it's guaranteed the western people will also care about the game, and that's not the case with this genre specially for arcade games which never left Japan.
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Well got this pre ordered. Looking forward to unlocking.
Yoshinoya

Post by Yoshinoya »

Got it pre-ordered too, as I did the others before, cant wait to play it!!(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

I really hope an Ibara port is coming in the future, that it only ever got a PS2 port is a crime. (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
- I'll buy that for a Dollar! -
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Pre-ordered! Downloaded it, but don't mind double dipping for games like this. Hopefully they'll do a physical for Esp 2 and DDP also. Can't wait!!
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Damn this feels great so far. Can't believe they included Black Label, really cool.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Edit: Double post
Last edited by To Far Away Times on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Bassa-Bassa wrote:I'd love to know what's your source for that, at least to know if it involves the Japanese market.

I'm more inclined to say it's just a matter of where the Japanese public moved to. Before the Switch's massive success the (Japanese) PS4 was getting all the 2D games. Now the publishers don't find it worthy unless it's guaranteed the western people will also care about the game, and that's not the case with this genre specially for arcade games which never left Japan.
Sony abandoned nearly all Japanese support to chase the sad dad third person story first game that is carefully crafted to win mass market awards. Sometimes it works, like Last of Us 2, but most of the time, these games are insufferable. But it generally feels like they deserve their Japanese support ass kicking. The switch is the rightful home of Japanese support.

Will double dip on this. At $20, it's a no brainer.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »