Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
jehu

Re: Mushi, DDP Res, Esp 2 for Switch

Post by jehu »

Glad to see it, I'm good for the standard.

Question for you all now that Mushi has been out for awhile:
Anyone pick up that 'Arcade' stand thing? Care to share your impressions?

I don't really have any interest, but I wonder if there's a use case for it outside of the novelty. And is the build quality passable?
Creamy Goodness wrote:DDP: Resurrection physical goes up for sale on 9/2 through 10/2.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections ... surrection
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Creamy Goodness wrote:DDP: Resurrection physical goes up for sale on 9/2 through 10/2.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections ... surrection
Thank you for this creamy goodness, Creamy Goodness.

I don't care about any of the bonus doodads, but that CE all-black case sure does look slick.
RobotParking

Post by RobotParking »

That steelbook case looks tremendous but also every single steelbook that has arrived by mail looks like a small herd of elephants did a jig on it.

I'm probably down for the base version though.
davyK

Post by davyK »

Have pre-ordered DDP:Res :)

Standard Edition good enough for me.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Had to share some of the god-awful copy that's on the back of the Mushi box. Not quite "FROTHING DEMAND" levels, but still pretty cringe.

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
StarLightMoonLight

Post by StarLightMoonLight »

Jonpachi wrote:Had to share some of the god-awful copy that's on the back of the Mushi box. Not quite "FROTHING DEMAND" levels, but still pretty cringe.

It does seem very corny, but I'm more upset about the atrocious font they used, at first glance some of the words read like "buffet-beff" and "bigh score".
Sengoku Strider

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I kinda love that back. It's not really cringe, it's just exuding a bunch of innocent 90s video game charm
Steven

Post by Steven »

It is unnecessarily awkward to read, though. Not a good font choice.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Yes the font is awful, though it does fit the visual style
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Just got in the Mushihimesama Collectors Edition from Limited Run. Much smaller package than the photos made it look on their store. Its basically the size and width of two PS4 game cases stacked together.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Got my collector's edition 2 days ago. Ordered it in November of last year so it took a while. Didn't have the shipping horror stories I've heard many mention, but I still don't think I'll preorder again. Don't like my money to be tied down for that long, waiting to get something. I'll pay a bit extra on Ebay or whatever when said game is already out. Anyway, the box resembles a Japanese N64 box. I was afraid that I wouldn't get the standard Switch case being that I got the steel case, but happy I still got the standard case too. I think next time, I'll just go with the standard. Not much into "collector's" stuff, because I very rarely look at any of other collector's games I've bought over the years. They just sit in a closet. All in all though, happy with my physical.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Did anybody get the little arcade cab yet? So curious to see a real pic. It looks.. cheap.
zyloj

Post by zyloj »

Does anyone know if Livewire replies to messages in English from their website email? I received a few days ago the physical edition of Esp Galuda II (v 1.07) and now I can't play with the eshop edition (v 1.05). Each one has a different version number, so when I try to boot the digital version, the console shows a message asking for an update that doesn't exist and goes into a message loop trying to update the game. It's a common problem that I've already found in quite a few games on Switch that I own physical and digital edition. I usually contact with the developer and they solve the issue with an update that matches the version number of the physical and digital editions. Until now I had done it with western developers, so there were no problems with the language used. A few days ago I sent a message in English to Livewire, but have received no response. I don't know if they don't have people who speak English to understand the problem...
zyloj

Post by zyloj »

Finally i got a response, but I had to use the contact form with my message through a Japanese Google translation. This was the answer:

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the inconvenience. First of all, regarding the Nintendo Switch version of Espgaluda II, as you informed us, the latest version in the download version is 1.0.5, and the North American package version has the arranged soundtrack, so the latest version is 1.0.7. increase. Therefore, currently, when playing the game with the package version, it is necessary to delete the download version from the Nintendo Switch and play from the cartridge, or do not insert the cartridge when booting from the download version. There is a possibility that the two versions will be integrated in a future update, but the schedule has not yet been decided.

I hope they will coordinate both editions with the same version in a future...
darklavos

Post by darklavos »

There's actually some weirdness going on with that for both the physical versions of Espgaluda 2 and Dodonpachi resurrection. They were both announced to come with a new chiptune soundtrack in game for physical and digital versions (and on CD for the collector's edition too) and it's reflected by them having a higher version number compared to their digital counterpart;
Dodonpachi versions are 1.0.1 (digital) and 1.0.3 (physical)
Espgaluda 2 versions are 1.0.5 (digital) and 1.0.7 (physical)
But while looking in the sound menu it's nowhere to be seen, I can change them for the usual but the new chiptune arrange is not present, so this new version number makes no sense.

For reference here's the soundtracks I can select:
For DDP I can select:
Ver 1.5
Black label
Black label arrange (ketsui)

and in Espgaluda:
Original
Arrange (Black label)

And for the weird part, when the games were not inserted I tried to check for an update and it actually downloaded one for both of them (about 50 mb each) an it downgraded the version number to the digital one :?

Now, with DDP for example, if I put the cart back in it will show the physical version 1.0.3 but when I take it out it will go back to 1.0.1. Also nothing seems changed in game and no new soundtrack either.

So it looks like to me LRG put the wrong build on cart but still made the carts show the new version number....

Now I wonder if it will be corrected in CE release making the other ver useless :lol:
davyK

Post by davyK »

DFK SE arrived today.

The leaderboard option is disabled. I presume a patch is forthcoming.
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

So Super Deluxe Games will release these games in Japan starting with DDP this September. Neat.
cfx

Post by cfx »

For anyone unaware, Super Deluxe Games is LRG. Or more accurately, it is some kind of joint thing between Limited Run Games and 8-4 Ltd. in Japan.
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

^^Yeah but you can get from Amazon etc and lands at your home within a week.
I got their Sol Cresta and Cuphead releases and their both great.
cfx

Post by cfx »

In the US? They're not supposed to be exported here; Playasia won't ship them here.
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Didn’t know about that. I’m in Europe and had no problem ordering from Amazon.Jp.
cfx

Post by cfx »

LRG doesn't want people buying anything but their versions in the US, and since they own Super Deluxe, they have the ability to make that happen for these.

Look here:
https://www.play-asia.com/sol-cresta-dr ... /13/70fkuf
Do you see an add to cart button, or a sad face message saying it is unavailable in your territory?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Wow, that's hilarious and awful. Another massive strike against LRG's business practices.
Amazon however doesn't care about such unethical publisher constraints: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/HAC-P-A3DFA/dp/B0B6F7K1J5
cfx

Post by cfx »

All I see on the Amazon Japan page are third party sellers. However, as far as this particular game goes, that means nothing. All non-US Amazons have been doing this for ordering from the US since sometime after COVID started. I don't order from them due to their often shitty packaging so I don't check often but anytime I do, whatever it is I'm looking at, I can't buy it from them.

Based on comments both here and various other forums, this seems variable; some people see items listed and can order them; others do not. Might have something to do with specific addresses; I have no idea really.

I debated bringing this up but I don't see why I shouldn't, as I'm sure the messages are still online if anyone searches enough unless it's a forum that has been purged. Years ago, around when Arc System Works first really got into publishing other developers' games in Asia, and usually with English language options, one of the LRG owners was really annoyed at this and wrote something to the effect like they should be able to have a worldwide exclusive license. The way I read this wasn't even that they wanted to actually distribute in other countries, they just wanted a monopoly so no one could buy any other version period. I might misremember this part, but I believe this was specficially in reference to either Ys Origin or Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, both PS4, after those showed up at Play-Asia. Really shows that their "preservation" claims are BS as if that was true they'd be happy there were other versions.

It's one of many reasons I'll never deal with them, but everyone has to make their own choices.
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Lol preservation $$$$$$$$
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

I'm currently skimming through the thread, so sorry if this has been discussed to death, but would any of you still take the 360 port of Espgaluda II over the Switch port? Both are available digitally and the pricing isn't a concern, so I'm just interested in if the ports are comparable or if they have specific pros and cons.

EOJ has wonderful writeups for 360 port accuracies and Esp II gets decent marks compared to some other 360 ports. Again I'm reading through but I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch port maybe has some better screen options but maybe 4 frames of input lag (tends to be higher for Switch ports)? I am not a high score runner for shmups so I'd probably take lower input lag over slightly better slowdown accuracy, if there ends up being a tradeoff. I'm sure neither port is perfect.

EDIT: Electric Underground showed 4 frames for Switch, 3 for 360, identical features/modes between them, and if I had to guess, if anything, slowdown accuracy gets a bit worse again for the Switch conversion since it seems to be based directly on the 360 port.

Now to figure out the messy Deathsmiles situation since I still don't know how all that shook out but it sounded very rough at launch for the 1/2 collection. M2 please do more Cave releases.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I wouldn't say less accurate slowdown is a given. With DFK, they went out of their way to get more accurate slowdown emulation than previous ports. I haven't heard much about Galuda, though. I'm not an expert player, so I wouldn't trust my take on it, but as someone who owns it on both 360 and Switch I'm really happy playing it on Switch.
Sengoku Strider

The courier service has my Limited Run copy of DFK available for pickup (non-CE), so anyone who ordered it can probably expect it soon.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Every once in a while I boot up DFK or Ketstupachi again, have fun, and then get to that laser turret gauntlet and remember why I don't play this one all that much. It's not that it's even all that hard, just incredibly tedious, like hitting a long auto-scroll section in a platformer.