taito's 'master of weapon' are one of the finest games..

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
winbbs

taito's 'master of weapon' are one of the finest games..

Post by winbbs »

I had been compared these games with the modern 'danmaku' game. but, the latter game seems to like to inferior to taito's master of weapon. their improved 'xevious' method game experience development hasn't existed within these games. so, I am convinced the game project leading designer Japanese citizen named 'yukiwo Ishikawa' had for a desirable decision to modern-day Taito and Square Enix corp.
it means their game was hidden jewelry from Taito corp, I hope master of weapon can converting to modern computer Graphics Technology, particularly SVG, because it is the finest-compatible technology along with, achieve on the modern gaming platform.
unfortunately, that was never gain reasonable estimation to an almost Japanese citizen, even if they were recalled into a pioneer by their ray series(ray force, ray storm, ray crisis) and Soukyugurentai.
KAI

Re: taito's 'master of weapon' are one of the finest games..

Post by KAI »

Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

This sounds like a sad clown in a haunted house somewhere in Lebanon.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

I don't hate Master of Weapon, but when Gun Frontier came out just a year later it was like a new era started at Taito.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

The skyscrapers getting destroyed in the opening stage was some pretty cool stuff. That special Taito Cinematic Flair. I'd like to actually spend some time getting through this game someday, but it seems freakin hard.

As for an SVG conversion... its hard for me to imagine a pixel-art-to-vector-graphic conversion that doesn't end up looking kinda heinous

PS: dat ass tho
Spoiler
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I was thinking about this game the other day, and stumbled upon this thread which ranks up there for me for excellent fly-by, one-and-done forum interactions (imagine if someone joined the forum just to make one topic about how zing zing zip is a hidden masterpiece and then leave).

I think my favorite thing about it is the bosses all being weird greco-roman statue heads that turn into various forms of biotech-horror as you peel away their stony layers.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

Game had a lot of unused content. I really love the theme they were going for, though a bit of a ripoff it would've been refreshing for a shmup. Sad that the final removed much of the flavor. Reminds me a lot of Metal Black too, only far more edgy lol. The gameplay, while nothing special, is an early implementation of a recharging "bomb", which I really like.

On the flipside there's not much gameplay innovation beyond the charge thing, and there's plenty of dull segments to the game. The music is fantastically bad, definitely adding to the feeling of the game, but not enjoyable to listen bar for like two songs. The prototype in the link above had even more fucked up music. The main weapon is also incredibly boring. If you decide to give the player just one weapon, at least make it satisfying. Ah well.

Cool game overall. Not something I'd play today, but worth noting!

Edit: It's also worth saying that the only version of this game that you should play is the Arcade Master of Weapon.

The GEN/MD port is terrible. Lost out on pretty much all fronts, a shorter and thoroughly gutted game. The Prototype, while extremely cool, is a slog that keeps you underpowered forever.

Also a good time to bring up that they never quite had the plot down, it seems. In the prototype, N seems to be some mysterious new enemy. In the regular game intro, N is stated to be the god system itself, presumably a bio-computer. In the sega port, N is an 'ultimate being' that has corrupted the god system. Make up your minds, eh?

Is it just me or is this game really similar to acrobat mission?
Last edited by PerishedFraud ឵឵ on Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Wow, I didn't know about that prototype. The game definitely suffers for the lack of that classic Taito flavor text. The Question-Answer queries are too good to not have been put to use.

THEY ENTRUST THEIR SOULS TO THE GOD THAT HAD BEEN CALLED COMPUTER
Q. WHAT IS THE GOD?
A. IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER.

Q. WHO IS THE GOD?
A. STRICT SECRECY.

Q. WHAT IS PROJECT YUKIWO?
A. STRICT SECRECY.

Q. WHAT IS THE GOD SYSTEM?
A. IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER.

Q. WHAT IS THE RELATION BETWEEN PROJECT YUKIWO AND THE GOD SYSTEM?
A. ---
drauch

Post by drauch »

Man that truly is a loss. This prototype is so rad. Some humans go in the sky, others go into the fucking sea to assimilate with the nature.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla