Where could the Hyper Duel manual be hiding...?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Skyknight

Where could the Hyper Duel manual be hiding...?

Post by Skyknight »

I know I sniffed out the original Japanese manuals for Gynoug and Grey Lancer some years ago. Hyper Duel, however, is proving a tougher nut to sight. Mostly because I'd like for us to have the actual plot once and for all--among other things, why Black Angel attacks you at the end of st. 4 (I'm suspecting it mistakenly believed you were responsible for the colony's destruction), and how it gets possessed at the very end of the game (is a living entity controlling it remotely in retaliation, or did the previous boss download itself into it?). I don't suppose anyone has a manual they're willing to scan for those fluent in Japanese to work with?
izmustache

Re: Where could the Hyper Duel manual be hiding...?

Post by izmustache »

Skyknight wrote:I know I sniffed out the original Japanese manuals for Gynoug and Grey Lancer some years ago. Hyper Duel, however, is proving a tougher nut to sight. Mostly because I'd like for us to have the actual plot once and for all--among other things, why Black Angel attacks you at the end of st. 4 (I'm suspecting it mistakenly believed you were responsible for the colony's destruction), and how it gets possessed at the very end of the game (is a living entity controlling it remotely in retaliation, or did the previous boss download itself into it?). I don't suppose anyone has a manual they're willing to scan for those fluent in Japanese to work with?
Hey! I know this is pretty late and doesn't solve your problem, but I wonder if you could share the Gynoug manual you have mentioned..? I have one I have found but I feel like some pages are missing because not all of the bosses are in the manual. If that's just how this thing is, oh well. I'm dying to know these guys names since they seem to be different in Japanese (not good enough with the language yet ;-;)