Craziest shmup stuff you've ever bought...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jonpachi

Craziest shmup stuff you've ever bought...

Post by Jonpachi »

Last night I was coming off a LONG week at work, and I was ready for a chill Friday night. Maybe too chill. I don't know exactly how much I had to drink, but it was clearly too much as I woke up this morning and opened my phone to find that I had purchased the Cave Collection for the Xbox 360 at around 2am...

I suppose I got a good deal given the market value, but I was not expecting to make an $850 purchase!

Anyone else have a crazy shmup purchase story?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
heli

Re: Craziest shmup stuff you've ever bought...

Post by heli »

Isnt weed legal in NYC ?
Drinking is bad.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

I'm sure there's a few people here who bought the Deathsmiles loli urine back when that was a thing. Cave sold all kinds of weird shit, but that was pants down the strangest.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

heli wrote:Isnt weed legal in NYC ?
Drinking is bad mmmkay
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Sandinista

Post by Sandinista »

Jonpachi wrote:Last night I was coming off a LONG week at work, and I was ready for a chill Friday night. Maybe too chill. I don't know exactly how much I had to drink, but it was clearly too much as I woke up this morning and opened my phone to find that I had purchased the Cave Collection for the Xbox 360 at around 2am...

I suppose I got a good deal given the market value, but I was not expecting to make an $850 purchase!

Anyone else have a crazy shmup purchase story?
Haha , you'll love it , it's a great collection .
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

So the package came, and I was surprised to find that the games themselves are all housed in two of those irritating multi-disc cases. 5 games to a case, with a code for Guwange. It's one of those things where there's two spindles to a side, and the discs overlap and make you feel like they're going to get scratched every time you open the thing. All those DVD cases you see in pictures are just superplays.

I plan to move all the games into separate jewel cases so they don't get cracked and scuffed as I work my way through the collection. I've gotten at least an initial 1CC on all of these with the exception of Espgaluda II and Pink Sweets, so it should be a fun trip back through the catalog.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Marc

Post by Marc »

That is an awesome drunk purchase, I do it quite often but it's been a while since they were in that sort of price range. My last one was probably the Capcom Home Arcade, decent enough for the price, sold on as soon as the Arcade Stadium was announced.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell