List of "Blacklisted" players

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
copy-paster

List of "Blacklisted" players

Post by copy-paster »

Title. May start creating one since there isn't any as far as I know, this list is for suspected or confirmed cheated shmup (or non shmup if you want) players. Cheating in this category includes: usage of invincibility, tool-assisted, infinite lives, slowed down gameplay etc. Here's few of confirmed non-legit players I know of right now:

Code: Select all

1. World of Longplays (there are few legit runs, such as Crisis Force longplay)
2. Shadowserg
3. Paul Eales
4. AZK-BAC
If you have other list to add, feel free to say in the comments (please tell if they're confirmed or suspected, also send proof).

Moderator comment: This topic is being reviewed and is locked in the meantime to avoid potential witch-hunting.
Last edited by Frenetic on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator comment: This topic is being reviewed and is locked in the meantime to avoid potential witch-hunting.
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: List of "Blacklisted" players

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Spoiler
Minor quibble, but I wouldn't necessarily include World of Longplays in this list. They're not trying to passing off cheated runs as legitimate. The problem is they don't care about tool assistance use, and don't see any reason to mention that they're using tool assistance in the description. Maybe they're making an incorrect assumption their viewers will know better? At any rate, they're not so much cheating as they're being negligent about mentioning they use tool assistance. The lack of a tool assistance disclaimer leads to a bunch of comments on their videos praising them for their skill that they don't seem willing to correct. There's also likely some submissions that were played without tool assistance, but they make no distinctions, so you should always assume tool assistance.

The other problem of course is that instead of requesting videos from actually skilled players, the people who often make the footage don't know how to play the games, resulting in very silly looking footage that looks nothing at all like how an actual player would play the game, where the player is somehow skilled enough to flawlessly dodge and evade all damage but doesn't seem to understand even the basic scoring mechanics.

I think some of their wackiest uploads include this Dodonpachi run (which can't be bothered to laser bosses in loop 1 for some reason), and this Progear run (played by someone who has absolutely no understanding of how to gem cancel).
edit: Actually, never mind, I changed my mind, if you're posting tool assisted runs and not clearly marking them as such, that's bad, and you should feel bad, doesn't matter if you're making a "longplay" or not. This is why we have trust issues.