Cho Ren Sha

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
mmz16x

Cho Ren Sha

Post by mmz16x »

I found it hard to get the game for the modern pc and after some digging found the below link it has the 2017 release for windows 10 and also the x68000 copy and the middle 2 releases are for that era of pc enjoy all!!!

https://web.archive.org/web/20190726062 ... nload.html
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Cho Ren Sha

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

An archive link? When did the developer stop hosting ChoRenSha on their website? This must've been only pretty recently.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

He moved his website to GitHub (?!) and has not moved the CRS page, probably others too. Mysterious...

If I'm reading his Tweeturz right, he is working on some X68000 project that's been occupying space in his head rent-free for about twenty years. inb4 crs2
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Despatche wrote:crs2
CRS with 2 backgrounds!!
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Sweet! It's always a good time to dive back into this classic. 8)

I tried getting Cho Ren Sha to run on my old windows 7 laptop a few years back and was having issues. This Windows 10 version should run nicely on a modern system
Jbrodack

Post by Jbrodack »

Nice I was having trouble finding the windows 10 compatible version since he changed the site. I actually decided to just emulate the original x68000 version and enjoying playing that way. Plus now I can try some other x68000 games too.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Jbrodack wrote:Nice I was having trouble finding the windows 10 compatible version since he changed the site. I actually decided to just emulate the original x68000 version and enjoying playing that way. Plus now I can try some other x68000 games too.
Don't miss out hidden X68K gem like Gradius II (near arcade conversion with three sound modules), and my favorite one on the system Akumajou Dracula.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Any tips on getting this to work with a controller and auto-fire? Back on my win7 machine this game ran fine, but a decade later and my more powerful machine gives me grief. Urgh.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

https://joytokey.net/en/

The game should have built in controller support which will interfere setting up autofire, however it only uses two main buttons, so you can map auto shot and a second bomb button to two unused buttons such as Y and B on an Xbox controller.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

CMoon wrote:Any tips on getting this to work with a controller and auto-fire? Back on my win7 machine this game ran fine, but a decade later and my more powerful machine gives me grief. Urgh.
For autofire, you can use Autohotkey. After installing, set its executables to run as admin and it should work. (or you can run each script as admin individually).

Here's a really barebones autofire script. Just change the keys to what you need! Autohotkey should have controller support. Take a glance at this page. Specifically, even if a game doesn't detect your controller keys, if AHK does, you can set it to autofire a keyboard key while you hold the controller one, thus bypassing the entire issue. You can do the same for bomb or any other keys (presumably minus the rapid fire). It's not real remapping but it works.

If at any point you have compatibility issues, for example if even AHK doesn't detect your controller keys, you can use UCR to remap things and just have it send keyboard presses instead (or vice versa, if you ever need that). JoyToKey should also do the job but I've found this to be way more robust.

Good luck saving your fingers 8)
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I ended up just buying an arcade stick with built-in autofire :?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"