Panzer Dragoon Zwei remake later this year

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CricketyJimit

Panzer Dragoon Zwei remake later this year

Post by CricketyJimit »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... this-year/

First Panzer Dragoon was good but this was the one I was hoping for :D
Sengoku Strider

Re: Panzer Dragoon Zwei remake later this year

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Neato. I'm glad the first one did well enough to merit another remake, it had a pretty rough reception.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, this is the reason I bought the first on launch day, issues and all (which btw have all been patched, it's legitimately awesome now)

Google news sent me some story about "something" being done with Saga, too (like, the dev was really vague. I guess they're shooting for a "nu" version like Streets of Rage 4, but wouldn't even commit to that). Since it was so vague and basically just begging for money anyway, I didn't repost here. (don't get me wrong, Sega has had a good track record with these fan developed things. So if they want to do a 'nu-Saga', I'm interested. These devs were just going about it in a weird way)

So let the Panzer Dragoon renaissance continue (even though they're not 'real' shmups or whatever)
Abadd

Post by Abadd »

Yeah, there's basically 3 different 'productions' going on for the same IP, which both amuses and angers me.

There's Forever Entertainment, who seem interested in making a Saga remake, but can't say anything.
There's Voyage Record which is a VR title being done by one guy.
And then there's "Azel: R" whose summary of "development" can be read here: https://wackoid.com/game/a-new-panzer-d ... of-azel-r/

The Voyage Record dev seems to both understand and can emulate Panzer Dragoon's art style quite well, compared to Forever Entertainment. Wish they'd team up or something.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Hmmm, after reading up on the "Azel: R" whatever it's supposed to be, it seems I was correct in not reposting. I understand they're hoping to get Sega's attention (and blessing), but asking to fund wishful thinking? That's not how that works.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Pro tip: If you're looking for news and you load up a "contributor" page on Forbes.com, just close the tab. These are just glorified Blogger pages, you might as well just be scrolling through Twitter. Though I do appreciate this Barber fellow's focus on 80s anime,
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Well, this is the reason I bought the first on launch day, issues and all (which btw have all been patched, it's legitimately awesome now)
It worked!
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Cannonballs wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:Well, this is the reason I bought the first on launch day, issues and all (which btw have all been patched, it's legitimately awesome now)
It worked!
Yea I just got the Limited Run physical from Best Buy the other day and I'm very happy with it.