18th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Results

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bydobasher

Re: 18th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Results

Post by Bydobasher »

Herr Schatten wrote:like every year, I have to bemoan the lack of Shiki II.
:lol: Yes, this happens every year. As I recall from the discussion thread, you said something about this game getting the mechanics just right, whereas the original is not so refined, while the third game introduces new elements that don't work as well. Okay then. I will seek out this Castle Shikigami II finally, after all these years.... Maybe the PS2 version.
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford »

copy-paster wrote:Sadly CRS downloads are no longer available on developer's current site. No idea why he pulled it off really.
Best case scenario, he's doing maintenance on it at the moment. Second best case, going commercial with it (e.g. M2 ShotTriggers treatment). Worst, killing it off for some personal reason (e.g. artist's impostor syndrome).

I put my copies up here just in case.
HectorReborn11

Post by HectorReborn11 »

Not surprised by the new list. Lots of Cave game like usual, but Cave games are amazing so it's all good haha I LOVE seeing ZeroRanger climbing. I really think it's a special game and worthy of a high spot on the list. I would've liked to have seen Progear make the list over Deathsmiles. Maybe if Capcom Arcade Stadium was released a few weeks earlier it would've been. So does anyone know how to get a copy of Cho Ren Sha 68K? I'm dying to play it now!
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

HectorReborn11 wrote: So does anyone know how to get a copy of Cho Ren Sha 68K? I'm dying to play it now!
I have no idea, but if you ask the post above yours it might be able to come up with something.
SPM

Post by SPM »

So happy to see that Rolling Gunner made it into the HM list. I hope it gets to top25 when (if) it hits Steam or PC in general in a digital format. Ikaruga climbing positions makes me happy as well :mrgreen:

And boy do I really want to play Ketsui already! (a PC/Switch port would be great, but I guess emulation will have to do). The same goes for Gradius V.

I think I'm the only one who voted for Enter the Gungeon here. Don't you consider it a shmup? don't like it? haven't played it? I love it. It feels more like a shmup than a top-down run 'n' gun for me.
Bydobasher wrote:1987's R-Type is by far the oldest title -- the only one from the '80s.
R-Type is just something special. May never drop the top! But I think R-Type II improves on it in many ways (especially gameplay-wise)

And last but not least: thanks Nifty! You da man!
Spoiler
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
MX7

Post by MX7 »

So what's the deal with ZeroRanger? I bought it instantly after seeing the ranking. It's a fun enough game, but seeing it at 12th place is a bit of a headscratcher.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It is definitely way too high on the placement (and I think the devs would agree!) - I thought the 25th or 24th place it had last year was a suitable and respectful nod to a very well made indie/doujin game. I had it on at least two of my last ballots (no offense but I dropped it as I had to shuffle more games in!). I think it has a lot of hyped up moments with music synchronization etc. so them anime/otaku fans get all fired up when they play and that 1-4 bgm starts pounding... :P

RSG starting to look more and more weird the longer it stays on the list. How many people are actively playing the game???

Nifty as always; I appreciate the hard work.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Kobayashi wrote:I believe that the sudden appearance of two Darius games in the top 25 was due to the influence of Darius Cozmic Collections for Switch and PS4, since the younger voters were not very familiar with the bigger classics of these Taito's "Big Fish" series.

Two cool things on the list (and I totally agree) is that Darius Gaiden is the best game in Darius series and, on the side of Gradius, the V is also the best (some Konamists hate to hear this, but Gradius Gaiden is only deservedly the runner-up).

I can't understand how most prefer Mushihimesama Futari to the original, just as I don't understand the exaggerated exaltation of Battle Garegga, which is very good, but not worthy of second place in my understanding.

I had a regret: I didn't even put an honorable mention to Gekirindan, one of Taito's finest shmups. :|
Gekirindan yes!! Mad luv

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
HectorReborn11 wrote: So does anyone know how to get a copy of Cho Ren Sha 68K? I'm dying to play it now!
I have no idea, but if you ask the post above yours it might be able to come up with something.
:P
SPM wrote:So happy to see that Rolling Gunner made it into the HM list. I hope it gets to top25 when (if) it hits Steam or PC in general in a digital format.
One of the best parts of these lists is getting to catch up on things that I missed at the time. I wasn't even aware there was such a game as Rolling Gunner. Just watched some video and I like what I see....
SPM wrote: think I'm the only one who voted for Enter the Gungeon here. Don't you consider it a shmup? don't like it? haven't played it? I love it. It feels more like a shmup than a top-down run 'n' gun for me.
I haven't played it, but it sure looks like an overhead run'n'gun to me . . . may have to look further into this one also....
EmperorIng wrote:RSG starting to look more and more weird the longer it stays on the list. How many people are actively playing the game???
I am! Of course, I just started to play it very seriously only a month ago. But I'm completely blown away by the game, it's one of my all-time favourites right now.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

MX7 wrote:So what's the deal with ZeroRanger? I bought it instantly after seeing the ranking. It's a fun enough game, but seeing it at 12th place is a bit of a headscratcher.
I think the scoring systems in both modes are super solid and up there with the greats. More so than say the balance of RSGs system/pacing for example (not that its bad). So it has entry appeal and also lasting appeal. Being a newer indie game by fans of the genre etc. probably pushes it higher than it should be due to added appeal of that, but thats voting for you.. moreso it means a lot of people tried it probably

Normal mode has some really cool chaining routes using the weapon system and tight stage portions. (a few dp/ddp/ikaruga fans seem to agree if you look at leaderboards.. I think the chinese player who has WR is an Ikaruga player too)
Easy being JSS/Eschatos style time attack but with scroll speed throttling the faster you kill enemies.

Similar to Qute games like Eschatos or G.Rev's Strania I guess the bullet and stage patterns being a mix of older and new school (fast bullets & danmaku) appeals to a group of people who like that kind of hybrid.
For me the main thing was there really aren't games with this kind of multiple weapon system apart from Radiant Silvergun or Hellsinker. Add good scoring & pacing on top of that and it was already in my list back in 2015 or so, as the core gameplay was the same. Though I always thought the first loop of normal mode gets kind of boring as you aren't fully playing the game in a sense and there isn't much to do. (loops are a mistake in general tbh)

Kinda sad Natsuki Chronicles got ported right after the voting closed, would've thrown it in there somewhere for sure as it's from 2019 and really solid if not as ambitious as ginga force. Makes up for it by being more approachable & having arcade mode from the get-go for sure though.
Acid

Post by Acid »

SPM wrote:I think I'm the only one who voted for Enter the Gungeon here. Don't you consider it a shmup? don't like it? haven't played it? I love it. It feels more like a shmup than a top-down run 'n' gun for me.
I saw your vote for it. I was curious about whether or not it would be included in the final list with all the games. It was my favorite game from the last console generation. I would definitely give Enter the Gungeon a respectable score relative to my top shmups in a ballot if it's eligible.
Last edited by Acid on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Zaarock wrote:
MX7 wrote:So what's the deal with ZeroRanger? I bought it instantly after seeing the ranking. It's a fun enough game, but seeing it at 12th place is a bit of a headscratcher.
I think the scoring systems in both modes are super solid and up there with the greats. More so than say the balance of RSGs system/pacing for example (not that its bad). So it has entry appeal and also lasting appeal. Being a newer indie game by fans of the genre etc. probably pushes it higher than it should be due to added appeal of that, but thats voting for you.. moreso it means a lot of people tried it probably

Normal mode has some really cool chaining routes using the weapon system and tight stage portions. (a few dp/ddp/ikaruga fans seem to agree if you look at leaderboards.. I think the chinese player who has WR is an Ikaruga player too)
Easy being JSS/Eschatos style time attack but with scroll speed throttling the faster you kill enemies.

Similar to Qute games like Eschatos or G.Rev's Strania I guess the bullet and stage patterns being a mix of older and new school (fast bullets & danmaku) appeals to a group of people who like that kind of hybrid.
For me the main thing was there really aren't games with this kind of multiple weapon system apart from Radiant Silvergun or Hellsinker. Add good scoring & pacing on top of that and it was already in my list back in 2015 or so, as the core gameplay was the same. Though I always thought the first loop of normal mode gets kind of boring as you aren't fully playing the game in a sense and there isn't much to do. (loops are a mistake in general tbh)

Kinda sad Natsuki Chronicles got ported right after the voting closed, would've thrown it in there somewhere for sure as it's from 2019 and really solid if not as ambitious as ginga force. Makes up for it by being more approachable & having arcade mode from the get-go for sure though.
Yes loving natsuki chronicles

MX7

Post by MX7 »

@Zaarock

Thanks for this, really helpful! It's definitely surprising seeing a new name after so long, especially one with no related cache.

@Emperoring

RSG is an excellent example of a STG that's actually fairly unpopular on mechanical level that still retains much of it's notoriety. Even though it's not much fun to play, it's still Treasure, it still has that Hitoshi Sakimoto score, and of course it still goes for silly money on eBay. I love it but I don't enjoy playing it lol (If Trap did a Mr Stoic mod of it, it'd be perfect!)
SPM

Post by SPM »

Acid wrote:
SPM wrote:I think I'm the only one who voted for Enter the Gungeon here. Don't you consider it a shmup? don't like it? haven't played it? I love it. It feels more like a shmup than a top-down run 'n' gun for me.
I saw your vote for it. I was curious about whether or not it would be included in the final list with all the games. It was my favorite game from the last console generation. I would definitely give Enter the Gungeon a respectable score relative to my top shmups in a ballot if it's eligible.
It fits into the criteria, and Nifty confirmed it :wink:
Its randomness is a great change of pace from more scripted shmups.
Bydobasher wrote:
SPM wrote: think I'm the only one who voted for Enter the Gungeon here. Don't you consider it a shmup? don't like it? haven't played it? I love it. It feels more like a shmup than a top-down run 'n' gun for me.
I haven't played it, but it sure looks like an overhead run'n'gun to me . . . may have to look further into this one also....
You could see it as a modern take on the overhead run 'n' gun formula... in a "similar" way bullet-hells compare to classic shmups. But this modern take makes it feel more like an arena-based shmup with its bullet density and patterns. Not to mention boss fights, totally shmuppy (and awesome). :mrgreen:
Bydobasher wrote:
SPM wrote:So happy to see that Rolling Gunner made it into the HM list. I hope it gets to top25 when (if) it hits Steam or PC in general in a digital format.
One of the best parts of these lists is getting to catch up on things that I missed at the time. I wasn't even aware there was such a game as Rolling Gunner. Just watched some video and I like what I see....
Highly recommended! :D
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford »

qmish wrote:Did you get ALL THREE windows versions?

If not, still reachable
http://web.archive.org/web/201712061426 ... nload.html
Older versions are up now but I'm not aware if they have some advantages? The changelog doesn't list any other than losing the score reset option in 2005.
● Update history

2017/05/23
-Fixed an issue where sound was corrupted in a multi-core environment
・ Rebuild with VS2015
Visual Studio 2015 Visual C ++ Redistributable Package is required.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

2005/08/20
-Changed the archiver type from EXE format to ZIP format
-Update of mxdrv.dll / X68Sound.dll
-Fixed a bug that failed to restore the desktop window position and size.
・ Difficulty selection function added to CONFIG mode in response to user requests
(HARD = equivalent to the 3rd lap)
-Removed score initialization function from CONFIG mode
-Correct URL and email address in the document

2001/09/12
・ Lowered the generation of DirectDrawSurface by one
-In an environment where the DirectSound primary buffer cannot be used
Changed to use secondary buffer
・ Improved stability of multimedia timer
-Fixed a bug that the surface could not be restored
・ The BGM on the 5th and 6th sides was the opposite of the X68K version, so it was corrected.
-Assigned the frame rate adjustment function to the F G H J keys

2001/08/22
-Added APP_LOG.TXT for bug investigation
-It seems that optimized compilation was turned off, so I fixed it.

08/08/2001
・ Release of the completed version of the Windows version
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Well, I took it upon myself to make a little table for the Top 25, with a column for each of the 18 years we've done this. It's too large to recreate here, but I'll show the top 3 games for every contest if anyone is interested:

Code: Select all

1.          2.          3.          
2002        DDP         TF3         Ikaruga
2003        DDP         Ikaruga     TF3
2004        DDP         Ikaruga     Gradius V
2005        DDP         Gradius V   Ikaruga
2006        DDP         Gradius V   Garegga
2007        Gradius V   Ikaruga     DaiOuJou
2008        Garegga     DDP         DaiOuJou
2009        Garegga     DDP         Ketsui
2010        Garegga     Batrider    DaiOuJou
2012        Garegga     M.Futari    Ketsui
2013        Garegga     M.Futari    Ketsui
2014        M.Futari    Garegga     DaiOuJou
2015        Garegga     Ketsui      M.Futari
2016        DaiOuJou    Garegga     Ketsui
2017        DaiOuJou    Ketsui      Garegga
2018        Ketsui      Garegga     DaiOuJou
2019        M.Futari    Garegga     Ketsui
2020        Ketsui      Garegga     DaiOuJou
Some observations, not just on the table above, but also the full table on my computer:

1. There are only two games that have been on the T25 every single year since this started. Can you guess what they are? Perhaps the answer will surprise you:
Spoiler
DoDonPachi
Ikaruga
That's it. Every other game has had at least one "miss".

2. Speaking of those "one miss" games, there are five of them. Can you guess what they are?
Spoiler
R-Type (miss in 2006)
Battle Garegga (miss in 2004)
Radiant Silvergun (miss in 2010)
Mars Matrix (miss in 2018)
DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (miss in 2002, a year when it was available only in the arcades)
3. As you can see from the table above, we have had only 6 games occupy the top spot in 18 years. DoDonPachi (2002-2006), Gradius V (2007), Battle Garegga (2008-2010, 2012, 2013, 2015), Mushihimesama Futari (2014, 2019), DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (2016, 2017), and the most recent and current title-holder, Ketsui (2018, 2020).

4. Expanding on Garegga a little bit more: you could certainly argue this is the all-time king -- notwithstanding its miss in 2004. Besides having the most #1 placings (six), it's also been in the top 3 for thirteen of the past fourteen contests!

5. Expanding a bit on the top 3, it's notable that those positions have been completely monopolized by some combination of Garegga, DaiOuJou, Mushi Futari and Ketsui for nine consecutive years! Goodness, some things really don't change, do they?

6. I note several games that were part of the T25 in the very first contest, but never made the list again: Soldier Blade, Gradius III (SNES), Gate of Thunder, Blazing Lazers, Gunbird, and Lords of Thunder. I'm rather partial to most of those....

7. The most calamitous "crash" probably belongs to Thunder Force III. It made the list six straight years (2002-2007), and its placings were: #2, #3, #6, #9, #12, #25. After that it was never seen again....

8. Conversely, there have been some hugely impressive showings by indie games in recent years. Crimzon Clover burst on to the list in 2014 at #10, and it's been somewhere between #5 and #8 in every subsequent contest. There's also ZeroRanger, which squeaked on to the list at #25 for 2018 -- even though it was released late in the year. Since then, it's only moved up, achieving #21 last year, and #12 this year. Wow!

I hope someone may find this interesting.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Bydobasher wrote:Well, I took it upon myself to make a little table for the Top 25, with a column for each of the 18 years we've done this. It's too large to recreate here, but I'll show the top 3 games for every contest if anyone is interested:

1.          2.          3.          
2002        DDP         TF3         Ikaruga
2003        DDP         Ikaruga     TF3
2004        DDP         Ikaruga     Gradius V
2005        DDP         Gradius V   Ikaruga
2006        DDP         Gradius V   Garegga
2007        Gradius V   Ikaruga     DaiOuJou
2008        Garegga     DDP         DaiOuJou
2009        Garegga     DDP         Ketsui
2010        Garegga     Batrider    DaiOuJou
2012        Garegga     M.Futari    Ketsui
2013        Garegga     M.Futari    Ketsui
2014        M.Futari    Garegga     DaiOuJou
2015        Garegga     Ketsui      M.Futari
2016        DaiOuJou    Garegga     Ketsui
2017        DaiOuJou    Ketsui      Garegga
2018        Ketsui      Garegga     DaiOuJou
2019        M.Futari    Garegga     Ketsui
2020        Ketsui      Garegga     DaiOuJou
Some observations, not just on the table above, but also the full table on my computer:

1. There are only two games that have been on the T25 every single year since this started. Can you guess what they are? Perhaps the answer will surprise you:
Spoiler
DoDonPachi
Ikaruga
That's it. Every other game has had at least one "miss".

2. Speaking of those "one miss" games, there are five of them. Can you guess what they are?
Spoiler
R-Type (miss in 2006)
Battle Garegga (miss in 2004)
Radiant Silvergun (miss in 2010)
Mars Matrix (miss in 2018)
DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (miss in 2002, a year when it was available only in the arcades)
3. As you can see from the table above, we have had only 6 games occupy the top spot in 18 years. DoDonPachi (2002-2006), Gradius V (2007), Battle Garegga (2008-2010, 2012, 2013, 2015), Mushihimesama Futari (2014, 2019), DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (2016, 2017), and the most recent and current title-holder, Ketsui (2018, 2020).

4. Expanding on Garegga a little bit more: you could certainly argue this is the all-time king -- notwithstanding its miss in 2004. Besides having the most #1 placings (six), it's also been in the top 3 for thirteen of the past fourteen contests!

5. Expanding a bit on the top 3, it's notable that those positions have been completely monopolized by some combination of Garegga, DaiOuJou, Mushi Futari and Ketsui for nine consecutive years! Goodness, some things really don't change, do they?

6. I note several games that were part of the T25 in the very first contest, but never made the list again: Soldier Blade, Gradius III (SNES), Gate of Thunder, Blazing Lazers, Gunbird, and Lords of Thunder. I'm rather partial to most of those....

7. The most calamitous "crash" probably belongs to Thunder Force III. It made the list six straight years (2002-2007), and its placings were: #2, #3, #6, #9, #12, #25. After that it was never seen again....

8. Conversely, there have been some hugely impressive showings by indie games in recent years. Crimzon Clover burst on to the list in 2014 at #10, and it's been somewhere between #5 and #8 in every subsequent contest. There's also ZeroRanger, which squeaked on to the list at #25 for 2018 -- even though it was released late in the year. Since then, it's only moved up, achieving #21 last year, and #12 this year. Wow!

I hope someone may find this interesting.
I did mate, good post

qmish

Post by qmish »

Iori Branford wrote: Older versions are up now but I'm not aware if they have some advantages? The changelog doesn't list any other than losing the score reset option in 2005.
Advantages? Maybe for those few who build retro pc setups.

Other than that, just from preservation mindset it's not good to filter out something. Also i know personally some purists who will always pursue 1.0 versions of games.
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

I've got some full results here, I heard this might be what usually happens:

###. Game Name                                          Total Score|Votes|HMs|SLs|Total Game Weight
     Top 25:

001. Ketsui                                              : 7.758621   33   3   2   2.050204
002. Battle Garegga                                      : 7.483265   35   2   2   1.890165
003. DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label / White Label     : 6.910861   30   0   1   1.867546
004. Mushihimesama Futari / 1.5 / Black Label            : 6.657735   30   0   3   1.716623
005. Ikaruga                                             : 5.450162   22   3   2   1.449270
006. Crimzon Clover / World Ignition / World EXplosion   : 5.382052   28   0   4   1.232818
007. DoDonPachi                                          : 5.319323   24   2   2   1.348489
008. Armed Police Batrider                               : 4.839537   26   2   1   1.112481
009. Radiant Silvergun                                   : 4.449568   23   1   1   1.062551
010. Darius Gaiden / Extra                               : 4.265736   23   2   1   0.971462
011. Gradius V                                           : 4.180953   20   1   0   1.070236
012. ZeroRanger                                          : 4.173523   20   0   3   1.012203
013. Dangun Feveron                                      : 3.923300   15   1   1   1.098126
014. Mushihimesama                                       : 3.640400   18   0   2   0.880008
015. R-Type                                              : 3.631977   20   1   0   0.845133
016. ESP Ra.De. / Psi                                    : 3.378033   16   2   3   0.780282
017. Gradius Gaiden                                      : 3.365529   16   1   0   0.861562
018. ESPGaluda / Arrange                                 : 3.219562   15   3   2   0.754578
019. Gunbird 2                                           : 3.191304   15   1   0   0.821543
020. RayForce/Layer Section/Gunlock/Galactic Attack      : 3.176093   18   0   0   0.736754
021. Mars Matrix                                         : 3.144950   13   1   1   0.841812
022. G-Darius                                            : 3.003055   17   1   0   0.681512
023. Deathsmiles / Mega Black Label                      : 2.848010   17   2   1   0.578661
024. Cho Ren Sha 68K                                     : 2.700184   14   1   1   0.628019
025. Strikers 1945 II                                    : 2.549775   17   1   1   0.472083

Honorable Mention:

026. Dragon Blaze                                        : 2.488372   12   2   1   0.588298
027. DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu / 1.5 / Resurrection         : 2.430386   12   1   1   0.580232
028. Progear no Arashi                                   : 2.351785   11   0   1   0.595134
029. Blue Revolver                                       : 2.240867   11   1   2   0.510377
030. Raiden Fighters Jet                                 : 2.232341   10   3   0   0.554012
031. Ibara                                               : 2.164536   14   0   0   0.447657
032. Eschatos                                            : 2.099834   09   2   2   0.499679
033. Muchi Muchi Pork!                                   : 2.090097   12   0   0   0.479976
034. Gradius II / Vulcan Venture                         : 2.079502   12   4   0   0.412790
035. Guwange                                             : 2.070721   11   1   2   0.440610
036. DoDonPachi Saidaioujou                              : 2.048270   10   1   0   0.509956
037. ESPGaluda II                                        : 2.025161   12   1   1   0.414073
038. Soukyugurentai / Terra Diver                        : 1.999741   11   1   0   0.458637
039. Battle Bakraid                                      : 1.990704   12   0   1   0.415655
040. Batsugun / Batsugun Special                         : 1.984628   12   2   0   0.405309
041. Hellsinker                                          : 1.931219   10   1   1   0.438395
042. Strikers 1945 III / Strikers 1999                   : 1.928713   11   2   0   0.413802
043. Flying Shark / Hishouzame                           : 1.922517   08   0   1   0.513379
044. Under Defeat                                        : 1.710375   08   2   1   0.394971
045. Flame Zapper Kotsujin                               : 1.701789   07   0   2   0.430726
046. R-Type Delta                                        : 1.677745   10   0   0   0.373736
047. Thunder Dragon 2                                    : 1.645235   08   1   0   0.407537
048. Imperishable Night [Touhou 8]                       : 1.623946   08   0   2   0.367387
049. Raiden DX                                           : 1.608889   10   1   0   0.329792
050. Neko Navy                                           : 1.586507   09   0   2   0.320615
051. Giga Wing                                           : 1.565060   12   2   1   0.209703
052. Gradius                                             : 1.447281   08   0   1   0.318513
053. Thunder Force IV / Lightening Force                 : 1.434624   06   3   2   0.305468
054. Twin Cobra / Kyukyoku Tiger                         : 1.412705   07   0   1   0.335756
055. Darius Burst: AC / EX / Chronicle Saviours          : 1.412169   09   1   0   0.280550
056. DonPachi                                            : 1.403541   06   0   1   0.363419
057. Salamander 2                                        : 1.385274   07   1   0   0.332363
058. Dimahoo / Great Mahou Daisakusen                    : 1.366756   08   0   0   0.309060
059. Akai Katana                                         : 1.356800   07   0   0   0.336398
060. Mahou Daisakusen / Sorcer Striker                   : 1.332202   09   0   0   0.263470
061. Gradius III (SNES)                                  : 1.317874   08   2   0   0.257595
062. Kamui                                               : 1.309794   08   3   0   0.238572
063. Perfect Cherry Blossom [Touhou 7]                   : 1.287336   07   0   0   0.307915
064. Rolling Gunner                                      : 1.282755   05   0   2   0.321747
065. Tatsujin / Truxton                                  : 1.277914   06   0   3   0.264776

The Rest:

066. Fire Shark / Same! Same! Same!                      : 1.194511   07   1   0   0.254142
067. Gun.Smoke (ARC)                                     : 1.185837   08   1   0   0.219165
068. Border Down                                         : 1.175467   07   0   0   0.262044
069. Twinkle Star Sprites                                : 1.169898   06   2   0   0.259760
070. Raiden Fighters 2                                   : 1.162576   07   1   0   0.241048
071. Illvelo                                             : 1.149353   03   0   1   0.353454
072. Radirgy                                             : 1.123215   03   0   1   0.342736
073. Salamander / Life Force (ARC/PCE)                   : 1.106593   07   1   1   0.194527
074. Great Fairy Wars [Touhou 12.8]                      : 1.093588   04   0   1   0.299167
075. Tatsujin Oh / Truxton II                            : 1.081463   05   0   1   0.262775
076. Super Spacefortress Macross II                      : 1.068636   08   0   0   0.186818
077. Zero Gunner 2                                       : 1.034943   06   1   1   0.196569
078. Blazing Star                                        : 1.033180   05   3   1   0.195846
079. Judgement Silversword                               : 1.031447   05   2   0   0.234411
080. DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label                  : 1.023792   05   0   0   0.262692
081. Sengoku Blade / Tengai                              : 1.006623   05   0   1   0.232087
082. Blazing Lazers                                      : 1.002826   06   1   0   0.206965
083. Psyvariar Revision                                  : 0.988664   05   0   0   0.248289
084. Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons                          : 0.980953   06   1   0   0.197996
085. Sisters Royale                                      : 0.942093   03   0   0   0.292034
086. Mecha Ritz / Steel Rondo                            : 0.925552   03   5   2   0.159569
087. Raiden                                              : 0.915625   05   1   0   0.202630
088. Soldier Blade                                       : 0.906872   04   4   0   0.183330
089. Omega Fighter / Omega Fighter Special               : 0.861878   05   0   1   0.172736
090. Super Aleste / Space Megaforce                      : 0.860624   04   2   0   0.195787
091. Ginga Force                                         : 0.857259   06   1   0   0.147276
092. Zanac Neo                                           : 0.857224   05   1   0   0.178683
093. Strikers 1945                                       : 0.846138   06   2   0   0.127006
094. Einhänder                                           : 0.836976   04   2   0   0.186090
095. GG Aleste 3                                         : 0.831563   05   0   1   0.160305
096. Hydorah / Super Hydorah                             : 0.830457   04   0   1   0.191273
097. Metal Black                                         : 0.828421   05   2   0   0.151162
098. Akai Katana Shin                                    : 0.826308   05   0   0   0.181716
099. Thunder Cross                                       : 0.816302   05   0   0   0.177613
100. Out Zone                                            : 0.789373   04   1   0   0.182282
101. Pink Sweets                                         : 0.771762   05   0   0   0.159350
102. Caladrius / Caladrius Blaze                         : 0.771170   06   0   0   0.127687
103. Raiden II                                           : 0.769922   05   0   0   0.158596
104. Galaga                                              : 0.749828   05   0   1   0.126791
105. Shikigami no Shiro II                               : 0.730368   04   0   1   0.150232
106. Super XYX                                           : 0.729562   04   0   0   0.173467
107. Danmaku Unlimited 3                                 : 0.722357   02   1   2   0.170513
108. Zanac (NES)                                         : 0.718437   04   2   0   0.137485
109. Guardian Force                                      : 0.716885   03   2   0   0.168269
110. Triggerheart Exelica                                : 0.709594   04   0   1   0.141714
111. Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream [Touhou 3]             : 0.684348   02   0   1   0.194204
112. Undefined Fantastic Object [Touhou 12]              : 0.683365   04   1   0   0.138814
113. Revolver360 Re:actor                                : 0.676903   03   0   0   0.183295
114. Gradius III (ARC)                                   : 0.661990   05   2   0   0.082919
115. Viper Phase 1                                       : 0.658404   03   1   0   0.160000
116. P-47 Aces                                           : 0.656101   02   1   0   0.190476
117. Vasara 2                                            : 0.634511   04   0   0   0.134492
118. Raiden Fighters                                     : 0.626834   04   0   0   0.131345
119. Dezatopia                                           : 0.619537   02   0   1   0.167628
120. Pulstar                                             : 0.615700   05   1   0   0.079648
121. Brave Blade                                         : 0.613202   03   1   0   0.141465
122. Musha Aleste / M.U.S.H.A.                           : 0.584368   03   5   0   0.066800
123. 19XX: The War Against Destiny                       : 0.582964   04   0   0   0.113356
124. Thunder Force AC                                    : 0.568357   03   1   0   0.123077
125. Thunder Force V                                     : 0.565027   04   3   0   0.058870
126. Double Spoiler [Touhou 12.5]                        : 0.564385   01   0   0   0.200000
127. Kingdom Grandprix / Shippu Mahou Daisakusen         : 0.542709   03   2   0   0.096850
128. Xevious                                             : 0.542462   03   0   0   0.128169
129. Mr. Heli no Daibouken                               : 0.542036   03   0   0   0.127995
130. Giga Wing 2                                         : 0.538252   03   0   0   0.126443
131. StellaVanity                                        : 0.534318   03   0   1   0.101264
132. Robotron: 2084                                      : 0.531828   01   1   0   0.170940
133. Trizeal                                             : 0.531724   03   0   0   0.123766
134. Fantasy Zone                                        : 0.525538   03   1   0   0.105519
135. Last Resort                                         : 0.523381   02   0   2   0.104635
136. Seisou Kouki Strania / The Stella Machina           : 0.522627   03   1   0   0.104326
137. Parodius Da!                                        : 0.516306   03   0   0   0.117444
138. Harmful Park                                        : 0.508907   03   0   0   0.114410
139. RayStorm                                            : 0.506849   03   0   0   0.113566
140. R-Type Leo                                          : 0.506776   03   1   0   0.097826
141. Gunbird                                             : 0.503273   03   2   1   0.057114
142. GunNail                                             : 0.492185   02   0   0   0.138974
143. Infinos Gaiden                                      : 0.485643   02   1   0   0.120582
144. Bangai-O (DC)                                       : 0.483092   01   0   0   0.166667
144. Forgotten Worlds                                    : 0.483092   01   0   0   0.166667
146. Galaga '88 / Galaga '90                             : 0.478625   02   2   1   0.078428
147. Karous                                              : 0.477486   02   0   1   0.109381
148. Lords of Thunder                                    : 0.471960   03   0   0   0.099261
149. Shoot the Bullet [Touhou 9.5]                       : 0.466833   01   0   0   0.160000
150. In The Hunt / Kaitei Daisensou                      : 0.458175   04   0   0   0.062187
151. Sexy Parodius                                       : 0.451858   04   0   0   0.059597
152. Dogyuun                                             : 0.442204   03   0   0   0.087060
153. GleyLancer                                          : 0.438407   02   0   0   0.116923
154. Sky Adventure                                       : 0.437663   03   1   0   0.069487
155. Phantasmagoria of Flower View [Touhou 9]            : 0.423771   02   0   0   0.110922
156. Raiden IV                                           : 0.422318   03   2   0   0.047485
157. Cotton Boomerang                                    : 0.418408   02   0   0   0.108723
158. Bio-Hazard Battle                                   : 0.408355   02   0   0   0.104601
159. Thunder Force III                                   : 0.407195   02   0   0   0.104125
160. R-Type II                                           : 0.404939   02   0   1   0.079635
161. Game Tengoku                                        : 0.403411   03   0   0   0.071153
162. Pocky & Rocky / KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto     : 0.393109   03   1   0   0.051218
163. Xevious Arrangement                                 : 0.390138   02   0   0   0.097131
164. Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!                  : 0.388346   02   0   0   0.096396
165. Recca [Summer Carnival '92]                         : 0.387933   02   3   0   0.049096
166. Fantasy Zone II / DX / 3D Fantasy Zone II W         : 0.387490   02   1   0   0.080335
167. TxK                                                 : 0.385879   02   0   0   0.095385
168. Gun Frontier                                        : 0.385423   02   1   0   0.079487
169. Sanvein                                             : 0.379170   02   1   0   0.076923
170. Battle Traverse                                     : 0.378918   02   0   1   0.068965
171. Shienryu                                            : 0.372600   02   1   0   0.074229
172. Monolith                                            : 0.368209   02   2   0   0.056718
173. Dragon Breed                                        : 0.365960   02   1   0   0.071507
174. Granada                                             : 0.363474   02   0   0   0.086198
175. Ibara Kuro                                          : 0.355173   02   0   0   0.082794
176. Embodiment of Scarlet Devil [Touhou 6]              : 0.353166   02   0   0   0.081971
177. Gokujou Parodius                                    : 0.352906   02   1   0   0.066154
178. DeltaZeal / G-Stream G2020                          : 0.351524   02   0   0   0.081298
179. Hyper Duel                                          : 0.350821   02   2   0   0.049589
180. Image Fight                                         : 0.350783   02   0   0   0.080994
181. TwinBee Yahho!                                      : 0.348141   02   0   0   0.079911
182. Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire                       : 0.345052   02   1   0   0.062934
183. Tempest 4000                                        : 0.333351   02   0   0   0.073846
184. Graze Counter                                       : 0.330674   02   0   0   0.072748
185. Varth: Operation Thunderstorm                       : 0.328475   02   0   0   0.071847
186. Apidya                                              : 0.326515   02   0   0   0.071043
187. V-V [V-Five] / Grind Stormer                        : 0.314111   02   1   0   0.050247
188. 1943: The Battle of Midway (ARC)                    : 0.313857   02   0   0   0.065852
189. Axelay                                              : 0.310609   02   3   0   0.017390
190. Murasaki Tsurugi                                    : 0.310484   01   0   0   0.095890
191. Fast Striker                                        : 0.300593   01   0   1   0.068269
192. Salamander / Life Force (NES)                       : 0.299643   02   1   0   0.044314
193. Assault                                             : 0.298336   01   0   0   0.090909
194. Super Star Soldier                                  : 0.295832   01   2   0   0.058462
195. Gradius IV: Fukkatsu                                : 0.291865   02   2   0   0.025414
196. Gate of Thunder                                     : 0.289917   01   4   0   0.024615
197. Subterranean Animism [Touhou 11]                    : 0.287567   02   0   0   0.055073
198. Mystic Square [Touhou 5]                            : 0.286807   02   0   0   0.054761
199. Power Strike II (SMS)                               : 0.284127   02   0   0   0.053662
200. X-Multiply                                          : 0.283841   02   0   0   0.053545
201. Guxt                                                : 0.281762   02   0   0   0.052692
202. SkyForce Anniversary                                : 0.277193   02   0   0   0.050819
203. Gaplus                                              : 0.274464   01   0   1   0.057555
204. BioMetal                                            : 0.273320   02   0   0   0.049231
205. Eliminate Down                                      : 0.272525   01   1   0   0.064615
206. Enter the Gungeon                                   : 0.270865   00   0   1   0.087500
207. Black Bird                                          : 0.265816   02   0   0   0.046154
208. Super Spacefortress Macross                         : 0.265555   02   0   0   0.046047
209. Power Strike / Aleste                               : 0.264227   01   0   0   0.076923
210. Raiden III                                          : 0.257889   01   0   0   0.074324
211. F/A / Fighter & Attacker                            : 0.253994   01   0   0   0.072727
212. Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius                            : 0.253825   01   2   0   0.041237
213. Crisis Wing                                         : 0.253445   00   0   1   0.080357
214. Shikigami no Shiro III                              : 0.252540   02   0   0   0.040710
215. Space Invaders Extreme 2                            : 0.251953   01   1   0   0.056180
216. Air Gallet                                          : 0.250827   01   0   0   0.071429
217. Darius Burst                                        : 0.249219   01   0   0   0.070769
217. Every Extend Extra                                  : 0.249219   01   0   0   0.070769
219. Darius II                                           : 0.244262   02   1   0   0.021605
220. Cambria Sword                                       : 0.243668   01   0   0   0.068493
221. Exed Exes                                           : 0.242532   01   0   0   0.068027
221. Detana!! TwinBee                                    : 0.242532   01   0   0   0.068027
223. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom [Touhou 15]               : 0.241783   02   0   0   0.036300
224. Thundercade                                         : 0.241715   01   0   0   0.067692
224. TranscendPang                                       : 0.241715   01   0   0   0.067692
226. Sturmwind                                           : 0.240943   01   0   0   0.067376
227. Zed Blade / Operation Ragnarok                      : 0.240646   02   0   0   0.035833
228. Kaikan                                              : 0.235006   01   1   0   0.049231
229. Pleasure Hearts                                     : 0.234211   01   0   0   0.064615
230. Eden's Aegis                                        : 0.228986   01   1   0   0.046763
231. Steel Vampire                                       : 0.226707   01   0   0   0.061538
231. Satazius                                            : 0.226707   01   0   0   0.061538
233. DoDonPachi II: Bee Storm                            : 0.226434   00   1   1   0.053571
234. Xexex                                               : 0.226089   02   1   0   0.014154
235. Nostradamus                                         : 0.222043   02   0   0   0.028205
236. U.N. Squadron / Area 88 (ARC)                       : 0.219998   01   1   0   0.043077
236. Polybius                                            : 0.219998   01   1   0   0.043077
238. RefleX                                              : 0.219203   01   0   0   0.058462
238. Geometry Wars 2                                     : 0.219203   01   0   0   0.058462
240. Shining Shooting Star                               : 0.217327   01   0   0   0.057692
241. Bosconian                                           : 0.217161   01   0   1   0.034058
242. Ordyne                                              : 0.214871   02   0   0   0.025264
243. Nex Machina                                         : 0.213639   01   0   0   0.056180
244. Resogun                                             : 0.213570   01   1   0   0.040441
245. XII Stag / XIIZeal                                  : 0.212494   01   1   0   0.040000
246. Viewpoint                                           : 0.211699   01   0   0   0.055385
247. Exzisus                                             : 0.210493   02   0   0   0.023469
248. Metal Hawk                                          : 0.209653   01   0   0   0.054545
249. Sengoku Ace                                         : 0.205723   02   0   0   0.021514
250. Gekirindan                                          : 0.204990   01   1   0   0.036923
251. The Guardian Legend                                 : 0.204195   01   0   0   0.052308
252. Twinkle Tale                                        : 0.202783   02   0   0   0.020308
253. Bullet Soul / Infinite Burst                        : 0.201424   01   1   0   0.035461
254. Hitogata Happa                                      : 0.198567   01   0   0   0.050000
254. Gratia - Second Earth                               : 0.198567   01   0   0   0.050000
256. Akashicverse                                        : 0.198162   01   0   0   0.049834
257. Thunder Dragon                                      : 0.196691   01   0   0   0.049231
257. Space Giraffe                                       : 0.196691   01   0   0   0.049231
257. Strikers 1945 Plus                                  : 0.196691   01   0   0   0.049231
260. Mountain of Faith [Touhou 10]                       : 0.195924   02   0   0   0.017495
261. Radirgy Noa                                         : 0.189357   02   0   0   0.014803
262. Vimana                                              : 0.188120   00   0   1   0.053571
262. Zero Wing                                           : 0.188120   00   0   1   0.053571
264. Star Force                                          : 0.187775   02   0   0   0.014154
265. Raiden V                                            : 0.184128   01   1   0   0.028369
266. Z-Out                                               : 0.181648   01   0   0   0.043062
267. Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury                           : 0.176852   01   0   0   0.041096
268. Terra Cresta                                        : 0.175498   01   0   0   0.040541
269. Sky Force Reloaded                                  : 0.175256   01   0   0   0.040441
270. Maiden & Spell                                      : 0.174180   01   0   0   0.040000
271. Slap Fight                                          : 0.171523   01   0   0   0.038911
271. eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package           : 0.171523   01   0   0   0.038911
273. Aldynes: The Misson Code for Rage Crisis            : 0.171155   01   0   0   0.038760
274. Space Manbow                                        : 0.170911   01   0   0   0.038660
275. Radirgy Swag                                        : 0.169456   00   0   1   0.045918
276. Tumiki Fighters                                     : 0.168083   01   0   0   0.037500
276. E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force                         : 0.168083   01   0   0   0.037500
278. Last Breakers                                       : 0.166676   01   0   0   0.036923
279. Soldner X-2: Final Prototype                        : 0.166289   01   0   0   0.036765
280. Fixeight                                            : 0.165311   01   0   0   0.036364
281. The Bug Butcher                                     : 0.164168   00   0   1   0.043750
282. Deathsmiles II                                      : 0.163110   01   0   0   0.035461
282. Psyvariar Medium Unit                               : 0.163110   01   0   0   0.035461
284. Shikigami no Shiro                                  : 0.161015   01   0   0   0.034602
285. Assault Android Cactus                              : 0.160148   01   0   0   0.034247
286. Tempest 2000                                        : 0.159172   01   0   0   0.033846
286. Space Bomber                                        : 0.159172   01   0   0   0.033846
288. Beamrider                                           : 0.158310   01   0   0   0.033493
289. Explosive Breaker                                   : 0.157921   01   0   0   0.033333
289. Andro Dunos                                         : 0.157921   01   0   0   0.033333
291. Impossible Spell Card [Touhou 14.3]                 : 0.157651   01   0   0   0.033223
292. 1941: Counter Attack                                : 0.155582   01   0   0   0.032374
293. Gradius 2 / Nemesis 2 (MSX)                         : 0.152055   01   0   0   0.030928
293. Gyruss (NES)                                        : 0.152055   01   0   0   0.030928
293. Vulgus                                              : 0.152055   01   0   0   0.030928
293. Gorf                                                : 0.152055   01   0   0   0.030928
297. Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams                      : 0.151668   01   0   0   0.030769
297. Sky Wolf                                            : 0.151668   01   0   0   0.030769
297. Gradius Rebirth                                     : 0.151668   01   0   0   0.030769
300. Space Invaders Extreme                              : 0.150287   01   1   0   0.014493
301. Slap Fight MD                                       : 0.147575   01   0   0   0.029091
302. Sonic Wings Special                                 : 0.146641   01   0   0   0.028708
303. Natsuki Chronicles                                  : 0.145814   01   0   0   0.028369
304. Every Extend                                        : 0.144164   01   0   0   0.027692
304. Prehistoric Isle 2                                  : 0.144164   01   0   0   0.027692
306. Aka to Blue Type-R                                  : 0.143444   01   0   0   0.027397
307. R-Type Final                                        : 0.139484   01   0   0   0.025773
308. Fire Lancer                                         : 0.134453   01   1   0   0.008000
308. Flying Red Barrel                                   : 0.134453   01   1   0   0.008000
310. Defender                                            : 0.134237   01   0   0   0.023622
311. GG Aleste II                                        : 0.132128   00   0   1   0.030612
312. Gemini Wing                                         : 0.131201   01   1   0   0.006667
313. Cybattler                                           : 0.129156   01   0   0   0.021538
313. Score Rush / MP                                     : 0.129156   01   0   0   0.021538
315. Daioh                                               : 0.125404   01   0   0   0.020000
315. Cotton 2                                            : 0.125404   01   0   0   0.020000
317. Rapid Hero                                          : 0.121652   01   0   0   0.018462
317. Gun-Nac                                             : 0.121652   01   0   0   0.018462
319. Wing Force                                          : 0.119165   01   0   0   0.017442
320. Blue Wish Resurrection / Plus                       : 0.114943   00   3   0   0.000000
321. Torus Trooper                                       : 0.114148   01   0   0   0.015385
322. Sonic Wings Limited                                 : 0.111468   01   0   0   0.014286
323. Tsurugi no Mai                                      : 0.110036   01   0   0   0.013699
324. Aero Fighters 2                                     : 0.109809   01   0   0   0.013605
324. Akkanvader / Space Invaders '95                     : 0.109809   01   0   0   0.013605
326. R-Type III: The Third Lightning                     : 0.107113   01   0   0   0.012500
327. Steel Empire                                        : 0.102946   01   0   0   0.010791
327. Seaquest                                            : 0.102946   01   0   0   0.010791
329. Star Parodier                                       : 0.099140   01   0   0   0.009231
329. Pandara                                             : 0.099140   01   0   0   0.009231
331. Gundhara                                            : 0.097473   01   0   0   0.008547
332. Warning Forever                                     : 0.096139   01   0   0   0.008000
332. Star Soldier GC                                     : 0.096139   01   0   0   0.008000
334. Aurail                                              : 0.094365   01   0   0   0.007273
335. Jet Lancer                                          : 0.094174   01   0   0   0.007194
336. Otomedius G                                         : 0.093925   01   0   0   0.007092
337. Sky Kid                                             : 0.093219   01   0   0   0.006803
337. Phoenix                                             : 0.093219   01   0   0   0.006803
339. Darius / Darius Extra                               : 0.092887   01   0   0   0.006667
340. Defender II / Stargate                              : 0.091636   01   0   0   0.006154
340. Gridrunner (Minotaur Arcade Vol. 1)                 : 0.091636   01   0   0   0.006154
340. Gaiares                                             : 0.091636   01   0   0   0.006154
340. Nano Assault Neo                                    : 0.091636   01   0   0   0.006154
340. Undeadline (MD)                                     : 0.091636   01   0   0   0.006154
345. Quarth                                              : 0.087956   00   0   1   0.012500
346. Devil Engine                                        : 0.086081   01   0   0   0.003876
347. Grid Seeker                                         : 0.085497   01   0   0   0.003636
347. Nexzr                                               : 0.085497   01   0   0   0.003636
347. Blazer                                              : 0.085497   01   0   0   0.003636
350. Knightmare                                          : 0.085277   01   0   0   0.003546
351. RayCrisis                                           : 0.085067   01   0   0   0.003460
351. Psyvariar 2                                         : 0.085067   01   0   0   0.003460
353. Sqoon                                               : 0.084132   01   0   0   0.003077
353. DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label Arrange          : 0.084132   01   0   0   0.003077
353. Silk Worm                                           : 0.084132   01   0   0   0.003077
353. Frog & Spiders                                      : 0.084132   01   0   0   0.003077
353. Air Buster                                          : 0.084132   01   0   0   0.003077
358. Alltynex Second                                     : 0.076628   00   2   0   0.000000
359. Remote Weapon GunFencer                             : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. 1944: The Loop Master                               : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Twin Cobra II / Kyukyoku Tiger II                   : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Spriggan Mark 2                                     : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Senko no Ronde 2                                    : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Trigon / Lightning Fighters                         : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Storm Blade                                         : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Trouble Witches Neo!                                : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. ring^-27                                            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Gundemonium Recollection                            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Flight of Pigarus                                   : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Gynoug                                              : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Blast Wind                                          : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Tempest                                             : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Space Duel                                          : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Ether Vapor                                         : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Gaia Seed: Project Seed Trap                        : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Hacha Mecha Fighter                                 : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Vritra (Complete Edition)                           : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Elemental Master                                    : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Bari-Arm                                            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Psyvariar Delta (Delta Version Mode)                : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Bangai-O Spirits                                    : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Ketsui Death Label                                  : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Firepower 2000 / Super SWIV                         : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Darius Twin                                         : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Asteroids                                           : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Area 88 / UN Squadron (SNES)                        : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Zenohell                                            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Jet Buster                                          : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Aero Chimera                                        : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. The Flying Pancake Octopus in Black Hole            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. LAYER RAY SF SHOOTING                               : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. RefRain: Prism Memories                             : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Shoot 1Up                                           : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Rival Megagun                                       : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Pawarumi                                            : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
359. Zangeki Warp                                        : 0.038314   00   1   0   0.000000
Last edited by Nifty on Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
Acid

Post by Acid »

Hell yea; Ginga Force in the top 100.
HectorReborn11

Post by HectorReborn11 »

Deathsmiles is the only one on the list that in my opinion isn't up to the quality of being top25. And I'd easily replace it with what I think is the far superior Cave horizontal Progear. Speaking of horizontal, only 6 appear on the list. You guys think verticals are inherently superior, or that there just happen to be more great verticals that have been made?
SPM

Post by SPM »

HectorReborn11 wrote:Deathsmiles is the only one on the list that in my opinion isn't up to the quality of being top25. And I'd easily replace it with what I think is the far superior Cave horizontal Progear. Speaking of horizontal, only 6 appear on the list. You guys think verticals are inherently superior, or that there just happen to be more great verticals that have been made?
I think the general consensus is that they're more immersive and natural and therefore make patterns more readable and easier to dodge. That is until you get used to side-scrollers, then it's just a matter of preference. I don't mind it, depends on the game :D
Last edited by SPM on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodHawk

Post by BloodHawk »

Seeing Neko Navy surge into 50th place got me curious as I just checked the 2019 results and it only got 1 vote back then. So I just picked up the Daydream Edition on the Switch and am pleasantly surprised as it's pretty fun!

I haven't done a lot of research into the scoring system, but it seems to be a pretty straight forward risk/reward system that I like. Just use your specials at the right time to get as many gold pieces as possible, but if you are not careful and recklessly use it you won't have anything to defend yourself with in a pinch as it's your only way of cancelling enemy bullets.

I have only unlocked a couple extra characters so far, but the differences between everyone is nice. I forgot their names, but the one I have found best for scoring so far is the gray fluffy cat with the wide shot and special that cancels all bullets on screen into gold. As usual with wide shot ships/characters in other shmups though the challenge is trying to survive during boss fights as it takes much longer to take them down. The black cat with the homing shots and a special that concentrates on damage seems to be my best option for survival, as I have been able to 1CC Hard difficulty with him.

I am looking forward to unlocking others and seeing what else this game has. Looking at the achievements list there seems to be a lot of hidden stuff to go after as well!

EDIT: It just went on sale on Steam today as well.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

So many games in the honorable mentions that I wish were in the Top 25...

Gonna post some more detailed thoughts after work.
bkk

Post by bkk »

Bydobasher wrote:notwithstanding its miss in 2004
Deliberate miss.
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

bkk wrote:
Bydobasher wrote:notwithstanding its miss in 2004
Deliberate miss.
Haha, shmup humour! Terrible, but funny :lol:
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

We gonna get whole list soon nifty?

Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

dmk1198 wrote:We gonna get whole list soon nifty?
We already did! 8 posts up, dated March 6, 12:33 pm.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Bydobasher wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:We gonna get whole list soon nifty?
We already did! 8 posts up, dated March 6, 12:33 pm.
Thnx man musta missed it