Shmups now have their own category on Twitch!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Elixir

Shmups now have their own category on Twitch!

Post by Elixir »

Didn't see a thread for this, thought it deserved a thread, so here it is.

Category: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/STG%20Shmups

If anyone wants to give it a signal boost, I've made an announcement here.

Enjoy.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
EmperorIng

Re: Shmups now have their own category on Twitch!

Post by EmperorIng »

I actually am glad that this all came together and it seems like a number of Japanese streamers have already taken a shine to it. Pretty close to 1,000 subscribers as of this posting. I think it will be especially good to finding people streaming who you might otherwise never heard of.

I don't know how many people here stream but I like to from time to time especially since I like to be able to easily record footage for my youtube channel for posterity. This is another option between game-specific tags (which aren't always available) and the catch-all Retro tag.

I wish there wasn't that dumb in-joke tucked into the thumbnail but that's out of my hands.
Queen Charlene

Re: Shmups now have their own category on Twitch!

Post by Queen Charlene »

the category has helped me find a lot of shmup streamers i didn't know about, which has been really great! it seems like it's been helping my own streams as well. bravo to UBO for making this happen!