Raiden IV x Mikado Remix coming to Switch on April 22, 2021

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Darkseed_5150

Raiden IV x Mikado Remix coming to Switch on April 22, 2021

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/raiden- ... 1-in-japan

Was hoping for this. Please have TATE so I can use with my flip grip.
Wilsoncqb1911

Re: Raiden IV x Mikado Remix coming to Switch on April 22, 2

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

...and preordered. Yes please. It comes out on my birthday!
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

I think I'll sit this one out. Raiden 4 is decent but has some major issues, and I already own it on Xbox and PS3, just can't justify buying again to use on a lackluster portable system, especially for how much they're charging for it.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Would have been better if they gave us a new Raiden title for the franchise's 30th anniversary instead of, you know, Street Fighter II-ing Raiden IV.
ShamefurDispray

Post by ShamefurDispray »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:I think I'll sit this one out. Raiden 4 is decent but has some major issues, and I already own it on Xbox and PS3, just can't justify buying again to use on a lackluster portable system, especially for how much they're charging for it.
My biggest thing is that the ship is too goddamn slow. I know you can choose a secret fairy but meh. Don't like being forced to play a certain way.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Raiden 4 is decent but has some major issues?

Lol, which ones? I think it's the best Raiden game out there.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Wait, don't be fooled! It's just the regular Raiden IV with a new soundtrack! it still has all those awful mechanics it had before!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:I think I'll sit this one out. Raiden 4 is decent but has some major issues, and I already own it on Xbox and PS3, just can't justify buying again to use on a lackluster portable system, especially for how much they're charging for it.
It sounds crazy but I kinda like Raiden V more, even if that has plenty of its own problems.
Special World

Post by Special World »

I really liked Raiden IV on 360 for it’s dual-ship mode, personally.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, looks like its coming overseas. https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/raiden- ... oming-west
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Does UFO exist to do anything other than port Raiden IV at this point!?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

EmperorIng wrote:Does UFO exist to do anything other than port Raiden IV at this point!?
Well, yes, I suppose they can't let it go. I mean, they do release other stuff, but I'm not suprised at this point that UFO has since ported Raiden IV from vanilla to Mikado Remix, lol.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

EmperorIng wrote:
It sounds crazy but I kinda like Raiden V more, even if that has plenty of its own problems.
I do too. Especially the Xbox version, since it doesn't have all the Director's Cut junk added in that just makes the game even longer than it already was (which is my biggest complaint with it.)
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
davyK

Post by davyK »

Slow ship speed is a bit of Raiden feature.It certainly seems that way from 3 onwards anyhow.

I quite like 4 but I haven't spent enough time with it yet - got the Steam version. I like the overkill feature for point chasing.

Don't like 5 as much - all that chit chat going on doesn't help either. I'm glad I got it in a Steam sale as I'd have been disappointed at full price.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I came across this thread and screamed, not gonna lie. Thank God it's just a Switch port of OverKill. On the other hand, it's probably going to be weird, just like OverKill. You know, "World Record" mode using not-arcade difficulty and all that.

I guess it's better than Literally Nothing otherwise for Raiden 30th. I wonder if this is to build funds for a Raiden VI or something. Hm... I keep forgetting Raiden V is on Switch now...
EmperorIng wrote:Does UFO exist to do anything other than port Raiden IV at this point!?
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Well, yes, I suppose they can't let it go. I mean, they do release other stuff, but I'm not suprised at this point that UFO has since ported Raiden IV from vanilla to Mikado Remix, lol.
UFO doesn't do these ports, they just publish them in the US.

I'm pretty sure the PS2 port of Raiden III was by Moss themselves. The PC port seems to be by some Cyberfront team, but the game is already basically a PC game anyway.

The 360 port of Raiden IV was also by Moss, and that includes the fancy new 360 Mode, the real Raiden IV. However, OverKill was outsourced to another developer who I can't seem to find the name of anymore. I think Moss designed the actual OverKill mode, but who knows at this point? Like with the PC version of III and Cyberfront, I believe the PC version of OverKill was put together by H2 themselves, but again who knows. There is also an arcade rerelease for Nesica that has 360 Mode in it (renamed Perfect Mode) which I believe is actually by Moss, not that it requires much effort.

Pretty sure all versions of Raiden V are by Moss. Same with Caladrius.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Austin

Post by Austin »

davyK wrote:Don't like 5 as much - all that chit chat going on doesn't help either.
In case you haven't done it, go into the sound options and turn that crap off. And there's a button to get rid of the chat overlay that covers the top of the screen.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Despatche wrote:However, OverKill was outsourced to another developer who I can't seem to find the name of anymore.
Loosk like "Shanghai Riceman", an outsourcing studio that don't seem to have done much themselves: https://youtu.be/a4vIJ6RRseA?t=28 They also did Caladrius for PS4: https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstat ... lease-info
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Raiden IV x Mikado Remix coming to Switch on 4-22-21

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I was browsing the USA region Switch eShop site today 4-1-2021 and lo behold, Raiden IV x Mikado Remix is listed for a May 5th, 2021 release date in both cart & digital formats with a respectable $29.99 usd pricepoint. It's a mere 807 mb d/l at best. It even includes proper tate (it's even compatible with a handy Flip Grip if you've got one) + global leaderboards as well.

Makes me wonder if Gamestop will stock/sell this particular Switch STG title in their brick 'n' motar store locations as well? If so, now would be a good time to pre-order a copy indeed. The very last proper Switch STG title was Psyvariar Delta that Gamestop sold/stocked.

Also, you can d/l the slick R-Type Final 2 demo off of the USA region Switch eShop -- it's a whopping 1.9 gb d/l though.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Jonpachi

Re: Raiden IV x Mikado Remix coming to Switch on 4-22-21

Post by Jonpachi »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:I was browsing the USA region Switch eShop site today 4-1-2021 and lo behold, Raiden IV x Mikado Remix is listed for a May 5th, 2021 release date in both cart & digital formats with a respectable $29.99 usd pricepoint. It's a mere 807 mb d/l at best. It even includes proper tate (it's even compatible with a handy Flip Grip if you've got one) + global leaderboards as well.

Makes me wonder if Gamestop will stock/sell this particular Switch STG title in their brick 'n' motar store locations as well? If so, now would be a good time to pre-order a copy indeed. The very last proper Switch STG title was Psyvariar Delta that Gamestop sold/stocked.

Also, you can d/l the slick R-Type Final 2 demo off of the USA region Switch eShop -- it's a whopping 1.9 gb d/l though.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Thanks for the heads-up. I was able to pre-order the Mikado Remix version on Amazon for $29.99. Likely all big game retailers will have the physical version then.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Anyone playing this? Is it a decent port?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
SPM

Post by SPM »

DenimDemon wrote:Anyone playing this? Is it a decent port?

Raiden IV Overkill x Mikado Remix Review - Nintendo Switch
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

SPM wrote:
DenimDemon wrote:Anyone playing this? Is it a decent port?

Raiden IV Overkill x Mikado Remix Review - Nintendo Switch
Thanks. But I'd rather read. Nevermind.

SPM

Post by SPM »

Ok! To sum up: it's good :wink:
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

SPM wrote:Ok! To sum up: it's good :wink:
Now that was a good read! Good to know :)

Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

I've got Raiden 4 on at least three platforms, with one or more being freebies or seriously discounted at some point.

I'll pick it up on Switch (which has been my ACA platform of choice) when it's on sale. No offense to those guys, but I don't need Yet Another Port, especially not at full price.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

It's not full price, it's only 30.
HIGHscores

Post by HIGHscores »

Raiden IV updated to version 1.0.1 yesterday for me. I have noticed that the menu system now plays new music if Mikado is selected. The FMV intro I think has new music as well but from what I can tell the original music can't be heard anymore during the FMV even after selecting original in sound options.

Has anyone else noticed or heard of anything else in this update?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCc_JG1mIYc

Ser Flash just posted his review.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Physical PS4 and PS5 versions coming to Japan.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Looks like it's getting an Xbox One/Series S|X plus Steam release too alongside the Playstation versions in Feb 2022.

Source: Moss JP Twitter page