M2 Toaplan collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MachineAres 1CC

Re: M2 Toaplan collection

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

XtraSmiley wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Tarma wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if someone like Limited Run do Aleste... you'll just have to wait another 12 months after buying it to actually get it. :roll:
The game has already been out for almost a year, I think they would've done it already if they were going to
Not necessarily, check out the post above.

Dangun Feveron was released in Japan in April 2017. The Western digital release was April 2018. LRG physical version didn't get sold until April 2021, AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE ACTUAL DISC!!! :P

Still, I'm happy they are doing it. I love physical on these old games, even thought it's just a disc that will likely die in 20 years.
Yeah, I forgot what an insane lag some of these games had between the Japan release and the Western one. I prefer not to wait for stuff, so I always get the Japanese versions so by the time a Western release is usually announced, I've long completed and kinda forgotten about the release for the most part. I don't buy physical for most games anymore, so the digital is a perfect solution for not waiting an extra 1-3 years to play the game
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

MachineAres 1CC wrote: Yeah, I forgot what an insane lag some of these games had between the Japan release and the Western one. I prefer not to wait for stuff, so I always get the Japanese versions so by the time a Western release is usually announced, I've long completed and kinda forgotten about the release for the most part. I don't buy physical for most games anymore, so the digital is a perfect solution for not waiting an extra 1-3 years to play the game
This method is good too. I usually get a game I want to play when I want, but my backlog is so big, having to wait 3 years to grab a disc version is usually not a big deal. But some games, I just get them immediately too!
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

XtraSmiley wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Tarma wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if someone like Limited Run do Aleste... you'll just have to wait another 12 months after buying it to actually get it. :roll:
The game has already been out for almost a year, I think they would've done it already if they were going to

Dangun Feveron was released in Japan in April 2017. The Western digital release was April 2018. LRG physical version didn't get sold until April 2021, AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE ACTUAL DISC!!! :P

I hate dealing with Limited Run Games. While I do like what they do, their fulfilment strategy is very frustrating. It shouldn't take over 6 months to burn some discs and print some inlays for a bluray box.

I'd probably buy more stuff from them if they actually published release dates at the time of pre-order. The other annoying thing is games touted by them after they released pre-orders for Dangun Feveron have been published...
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Even when they do finally get stuff in it takes them forever to actually ship things. My DDP SDOJ Soundtrack they got in June, and they said was shipping in July, didn't ship for me till September 30th, and even then they didn't hand it over to the Post Office till October 7th. They really need to hire a lot more people in their Shipping Department.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

LRG and the shipping timelines blow big chunks, no one can deny that. I'm just happy to get physical media. I think if it was easier to do, more companies would jump in and do it, so I give them a pass on the delays.

Besides, the game is like 20 years old, what's another 6 months to 2 years at this point?
WeedyRainfall

Post by WeedyRainfall »

Just gotta mention that LRG recently sold PC players a limited edition physical of Shiren and then shipped them a fucking steam code in a box

Fuck LRG
Domino

Post by Domino »

XtraSmiley wrote:
BrianC wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:Is this a preorder bonus or a permanent inclusion?

Any word on if this compilation is coming to the Western market, and if not, is there an English option for the Japanese game?
Telling from the game page, it's included inside the package ala a digital movie download code packaged with blurays.
Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too, but I'm wondering if this is for the first print run only or something. Odd that it's not just on the disc.
From how I read it, if you buy digital version and physical version of the Tiger Collection regardless of when you get it, you will get Teki Paki.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Play-Asia sent me an email asking for payment. Maybe we're getting lucky and it's gonna ship a week early?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Domino wrote: From how I read it, if you buy digital version and physical version of the Tiger Collection regardless of when you get it, you will get Teki Paki.
I know you meant this collection, but when I read "Tiger Collection", I was thinking of a collection of those infamous handheld games.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

BrianC wrote:I know you meant this collection, but when I read "Tiger Collection", I was thinking of a collection of those infamous handheld games.
Oh no, I was suddenly reminded of the Xmas or birthday I asked for Mega Man 3 and got the Tiger handheld instead.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

WeedyRainfall wrote:Just gotta mention that LRG recently sold PC players a limited edition physical of Shiren and then shipped them a fucking steam code in a box

Fuck LRG
Same old. They know the suckers will keep buying the LEs even if they included a turd in the box.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Bar81 wrote:
WeedyRainfall wrote:Just gotta mention that LRG recently sold PC players a limited edition physical of Shiren and then shipped them a fucking steam code in a box

Fuck LRG
Same old. They know the suckers will keep buying the LEs even if they included a turd in the box.
Derailing a bit, but from the store page:
LRG wrote:This product was originally shown as including a DRM-free game disc, Unfortunately, due to the low volume of sales on this product, it was not possible get a new build of the game to include in this package. As a token of apology, all 60 customers who purchased this item have been offered full refunds and will still be sent their CE boxes for free.
So the buyers literally got the game AND the physical goodies for free because LRG couldn't deliver the physical game discs. I'd say that's good customer service.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Ghegs wrote:
Bar81 wrote:

Fuck LRG
Derailing a bit, but from the store page:
LRG wrote:This product was originally shown as including a DRM-free game disc, Unfortunately, due to the low volume of sales on this product, it was not possible get a new build of the game to include in this package. As a token of apology, all 60 customers who purchased this item have been offered full refunds and will still be sent their CE boxes for free.
So the buyers literally got the game AND the physical goodies for free because LRG couldn't deliver the physical game discs. I'd say that's good customer service.
Wow, it's things like this where people get on the negativity bandwagon and don't know the whole story. I would hate pre-ordering a game and never getting it, but if the company gave my money back and a lot of stuff too, I wouldn't be angry with the company.

I think their business model is to push the collectable shit, but there is a market for it, so why not let those who buy it be happy? I'm happy getting a physical copy of a game!
Domino

Post by Domino »

Tiger Collection + its DLC is on the JP eShop. I'll get it shortly since I'm at work.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Always fun watching a package travel the world. My copy left Hong Kong, went to Alaska, then went to Japan, and now it's in Indiana. :P

I'm hustling to finish up all the stages in rRootage so I can be fully dedicated to this over the weekend.
heli

Post by heli »

Cant wait for a movie of tiger heli to pop up tomorrow.
Need to decide if tate arcade mode is worth the money.
If batsugun comes out i order both at once.
Domino

Post by Domino »

I take back what I said, you can purchase it but you can't download it until 10/28 JPN Time.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

heli wrote:Cant wait for a movie of tiger heli to pop up tomorrow.
Need to decide if tate arcade mode is worth the money.
If batsugun comes out i order both at once.
There's quite a lot of videos available of the original arcade game. Not sure what you're waiting to see that can't already be seen. It's going to be a spot-on port with lots of M2 widgets.

That said, it's an older game and one that is fairly aggressive and certainly not everyone's taste. If you're hoping for something like Batsugun you will be disappointed.
jehu

Post by jehu »

And the next collection is.... Same Same Same.

https://twitter.com/M2_game/status/1453350993094057999
BIL

Post by BIL »

Image Image Image
Domino

Post by Domino »

jehu wrote:And the next collection is.... Same Same Same.

My dick is hard. Come on M2, fix Same Same Same so we get the perfect arcade version. Harder than Easier version but Easier than Harder Version. MD balance is great.

I did my digital orders of the main game and the DLC pack. When purchasing the main game pack via Nintendo JP, they put a note saying that Teki Paki is included with the main game pack and it will automatically download. If you want Teki Paki but not the DLC, there you go.
jehu

Post by jehu »

I'm already hearing some interesting speculation, but I can't read the announcement material to verify any of this...

1. Somewhere in an announcement it's mentioned that it'll be packaged with a 'masterpiece Toaplan action game.' Snow Bros., maybe?

2. Apparently it's listed as a Spring 2022 release, so there's an acceleration in their release schedule. Maybe we'll get two of these a year?

Again, I am woefully under-equipped to confirm any of this, but - if true - huge news in each case.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

jehu wrote:Apparently it's listed as a Spring 2022 release, so there's an acceleration in their release schedule. Maybe we'll get two of these a year?
Would be amazing if this wasn't just a yearly event, though it is fun to go into the holiday knowing a new STG is coming from M2.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

jehu wrote:And the next collection is.... Same Same Same.

Awesome news! So, this will be Same! Same! Same!, Flying Shark... and Daisenpuu? Plus some non-related game...
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Kyukyoku Tiger is now live on the Japan Swtich EShop. Happy to report, very little input lag, everything running smoothly. Teki Paki is also included as a separate game altogether, Get Star looks like it is locked as DLC though so physical edition if you want the full package.
Last edited by ATTRACTS on Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domino

Post by Domino »

ATTRACTS wrote:Kyukyoku Tiger is now live on the Japan Swtich EShop. Happy to report, very little input lag, everything running smoothly. Teki Paki is also included (not limited to the physical release). Get Star looks like it is locked as DLC though so physical edition if you want the full package.
You can buy the DLC separately for about 1,950 yen. You get all the console ports of the Tiger games as well as Getstar.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Domino wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:Kyukyoku Tiger is now live on the Japan Swtich EShop. Happy to report, very little input lag, everything running smoothly. Teki Paki is also included (not limited to the physical release). Get Star looks like it is locked as DLC though so physical edition if you want the full package.
You can buy the DLC separately for about 1,950 yen. You get all the console ports of the Tiger games as well as Getstar.
Thanks, wasn't up on this info earlier. I have the phys. coming next week for the PS4 so I'll hold off but this is good to know!
BIL

Post by BIL »

A foregone conclusion with M2, but as expected, good god damn does this handle sharply (PS4 tested). :cool: Pretty rad seeing Teki Paki sporting the ShotTriggers decal, here's hoping for many more cross-genre picks. Image
jehu wrote:1. Somewhere in an announcement it's mentioned that it'll be packaged with a 'masterpiece Toaplan action game.' Snow Bros., maybe?
Snow Bros is the one I'd assume, but (admittedly because SB's MD port is ace, as is Wardner's), my heart wants Knuckle Bash. :oops: :lol:
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Could also be Horror Story/Demon's World? That's considered an action game right?
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Fire Shark only got a MD port didn't it? Really hope they'll at least pad it out with Flying Shark!

Saw PlayAsia had the Tiger bundle in stock so ordered the hell out of that (and chucked No More Heroes 1&2 in to make the quick post option worthwhile)