Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 Announced (GunSmoke, ECO Fighters)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SPM

Re: Capcom Arcade Stadium (NSW eshop): Progear, Giga Wing, 1

Post by SPM »

Melt the Guns wrote:Does anyone use the flip grip for vertical titles ? The orientation changes, which is great, but the controls don’t ?
There are two settings:

One flips screen and controls -> Flip Grip
The other flips only the screen -> To play a vertical shmup as if it were horizontal (that's how they advertised it for whatever reason)
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Melt the Guns

Post by Melt the Guns »

Cheers buddy, finally figured it out.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

I was playing 19xx and then I went and watched some videos on youtube and noticed they were able to destroy parts of bosses and the larger enemies way faster. I'm ranking D or E on most bosses. I'm using the mosquito with the spread ammo and using the built in autofire. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? My suspicion is maybe theres something off with the autofire but can't tell.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Shogun wrote:I was playing 19xx and then I went and watched some videos on youtube and noticed they were able to destroy parts of bosses and the larger enemies way faster. I'm ranking D or E on most bosses. I'm using the mosquito with the spread ammo and using the built in autofire. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? My suspicion is maybe theres something off with the autofire but can't tell.
You have to get very close and pointblank all of boss parts and main weakness. Did the port supported fire rate changing?
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Yeah people have been talking about how the auto fire rate is janky. Some games work better than others. No option so far to alter the rate. You might want to try using external auto from a pad or stick.

BTW Shmup Junkie has an excellent video up on his YT that goes in depth on the ports and touches on the issues.

IMO having the option to adjust auto to just about any rate between 5hz to 30hz should be standard these days on arcade ports. That's usually what M2 does, and I can't imagine it's really difficult or costly to implement something like that.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Even hamster has variable autofire levels for most of their games, too!
SPM

Post by SPM »

Options are good, but I prefer having just a fixed autofire rate: the capped manual speed if there's one (which always should). Otherwise I don't know if I'm getting OP or too weak. If there's a "normal/medium/default" speed that's the one I choose. Hope they fix this in the collection.
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
velo

Post by velo »

Is there a reason why the English ROMs of Armored Warriors and Trojan aren't included?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I'm finding my beloved 1943 to be almost unplayable in this due to the bad auto-fire. It's extremely difficult to 100% bosses even with good power ups. On the 360/PS1 port I could regularly make it to a beautiful death at Yamato (That thing is insane), but in this I'm already hanging by a thread by stage 2's Kaga. Really sucks the joy outa the game and makes me really wary about picking up the other game packs...
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
SPM

Post by SPM »

ACSeraph wrote:I'm finding my beloved 1943 to be almost unplayable in this due to the bad auto-fire. It's extremely difficult to 100% bosses even with good power ups.
Oh I thought you were supposed to use your "bombs" to 100% a boss! Is it not required with a proper autofire?
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

I completed Progear using eight or nine credits today. This has to be the best credit-feed I've ever done on a Cave shmup :lol: Keep in mind, I'm rusty as fuck. Haven't played shmups consistently for at least a decade, unfortunately.

Those last two vertical levels are mean.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

The PC, PS4 and Xbox versions of Capcom Arcade Stadium will be out on the 25th of May! (Source Xbox marketplace)
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Sounds good. Here's hoping for better performance!
Wilsoncqb1911

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

I'll double dip if the performance is improved.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Astro City II wrote:The PC, PS4 and Xbox versions of Capcom Arcade Stadium will be out on the 25th of May! (Source Xbox marketplace)
Awesome, looking forward to that! :D
harborline765

Post by harborline765 »

I bought this on Switch but I'm interested in double dipping based on impressions of the other versions. It really depends on what bottlenecks RE Engine's renderer is causing.

I'm certain these new versions will hit a stable 60fps rendering output of the arcade now, but whether that wholly improves the input lag on other formats is another issue entirely. If it's a CPU bottleneck the PS4 and Xbox One probably won't improve things, like how Unity engine titles are equally as laggy on PS4 as they are Switch. So perhaps the PC version may fare best here? Should be interesting to see nonetheless.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

What sorta lag were we looking at on Switch (frame-wise)? That thing is prone to lag, so I'm hoping they improve it.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

evil_ash_xero wrote:What sorta lag were we looking at on Switch (frame-wise)? That thing is prone to lag, so I'm hoping they improve it.
It wasn't so much an input lag issue as it was inconsistent frame pacing. There is a recurring issue where the game stutters at regular intervals, which was a dealbreaker for me personally. I will hold out hope for the PS4 version to fix it, but I'm skeptical.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
SPM

Post by SPM »

:o Capcom Arcade Stadium to add more classic games :o
There’s more planned for Capcom Arcade Stadium. Capcom teased today that the Switch release “will expand to include more arcade classics in the future.” Additional details will be shared “at a later date.”
BIL

Post by BIL »

While I'm on eggshells waiting to see how the PS4 one comes out, that is brilliant news nonetheless!

Ohshi, Here's The Other STGs Pack (Gun.Smoke, Side Arms, 1943 Kai, Last Duel, Area 88, Mars Matrix, Great Mahou & Ultimate Ecology)
Big Buff Half-Naked Men w/Swords Pack (Tora e no Michi, Black Tiger, Magic Sword & Three Wonders)
Orphan Genres Ultimate Revengeance Pack (SonSon, The Speed Rumbler, Hissatsu Buraiken, Quiz and Dragons & Block Block)
UNFFF I've Been Holding This Licensed Load Back Since '88 Pack (Nemo, Willow, Area 88, The Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Tower of Doom, Shadow Over Mystara & Aliens VS Predator)

^^^ MUH DREAM :cool:
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

99 cent invincibility mode DLC. :roll:
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Fantastic. IF the new versions on beefier consoles have proper performance. Reeeally hoping it's a Switch issue and not the (admittedly common) Capcom-being-fucking-lazy issue.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

bigbadboaz wrote:Reeeally hoping it's a Switch issue and not the (admittedly common) Capcom-being-fucking-lazy issue.
This collection is running on MAME which the Switch should definitely be able to handle. The consensus seems to be that the problem is their decision to run it in the RE Engine. So it's tough to say if the other versions will sort of brute force their way to having better performance or not.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Good thing my computer runs RE7 almost flawlessly 8)
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Apparently that's now a requirement if you want to play 1943 in MAME without constant choppiness lol.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

BIL wrote:Mars Matrix
What dark god do we have to sacrifice to to get this to happen, I wonder...
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
BIL

Post by BIL »

IKR 3; Still, marginally less impossible than Area 88, with that one being a manga license. ;3
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

BIL wrote:IKR 3; Still, marginally less impossible than Area 88, with that one being a manga license. ;3
That's a good point! Also I can't help but feel hopeful considering that they already released Giga Wing and that's the same platform and developer. I don't think it's nearly as popular of a game as Giga Wing, though, particularly in Japan ;_;
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

LordHypnos wrote:What dark god do we have to sacrifice to to get this to happen, I wonder...
Presumably the same one that'll grant us a non-garbage port of Giga Wing Generations.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Looks like each game will be available to buy separately for 2 dollars each on steam (but not on xbone as far as I can see. No info on PSN yet) - surprisingly reasonable decision for steam at least.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2 ... ePurchase/
I'm sure someone will figure out how to extract the roms too.