shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Ketsui now available on US PSN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:08 pm 

Public service announcement. Yeah, I already had the disc from play asia but I bought it again. Just like I'll do if ESP Rade comes out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ketsui now available on US PSN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 pm 

Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:
Public service announcement. Yeah, I already had the disc from play asia but I bought it again. Just like I'll do if ESP Rade comes out.

Before you did that, did you check to see if the PA version got an English update?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:01 pm 

XtraSmiley wrote:
Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:

Before you did that, did you check to see if the PA version got an English update?

I didn't. I was going to support their releases regardless.

Did you check? It sounds like you have the import version. Or were you trying to make some kind of point?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:53 pm 

Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:
Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:

I didn't. I was going to support their releases regardless.

Did you check? It sounds like you have the import version. Or were you trying to make some kind of point?

No no, not being a dick, legit asking!

I'll check now.

Nope, no update that I can tell. I have a Japanse disc version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:57 pm 

[/quote]

I'll check now.

Nope, no update that I can tell. I have a Japanse disc version.[/quote]

Sorry, reflex. It's the internet so I assume everyone is being a dick lol. My apologies.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:16 am 

Agreed, does not look like the Japanese version has an English update. My system is set for US and using my US PSN account, language is still Japanese and I saw no options to change it. Current version is 1.03, which was released last month - AFAIK patched for consistency with the US release. Might also share trophies between US and JPN versions, like Garegga did - I can confirm that a bit later tonight once I download the US version.

That’s not to say they couldn’t update in the future to patch in English support for the JPN version, but nothing as of now.

Also a bit of disappointing news - the IKD arrange version and Virt alternate soundtrack are separate DLC for $7.99 each, on top of the $34.99 price for the base game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:02 am 

Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:

I'll check now.

Nope, no update that I can tell. I have a Japanse disc version.[/quote]

Sorry, reflex. It's the internet so I assume everyone is being a dick lol. My apologies.[/quote]

It's OK, after you said it, I read my post and it came off sort of dickish!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 am 

hamfighterx wrote:
Agreed, does not look like the Japanese version has an English update. My system is set for US and using my US PSN account, language is still Japanese and I saw no options to change it. Current version is 1.03, which was released last month - AFAIK patched for consistency with the US release. Might also share trophies between US and JPN versions, like Garegga did - I can confirm that a bit later tonight once I download the US version.

That’s not to say they couldn’t update in the future to patch in English support for the JPN version, but nothing as of now.

Also a bit of disappointing news - the IKD arrange version and Virt alternate soundtrack are separate DLC for $7.99 each, on top of the $34.99 price for the base game.

To be fair, it was separate in the Japanese one too, only the $60 disk had them included. It still sucks.

I mean, they are a small company, so I want to support, but man, the price is steep!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 am 

So, I grabbed the US PSN version tonight (and I have spent lots of time with the JPN version) and can confirm a few more things:
* Like Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron, trophies previously earned in the JPN version are applied to the US version.
* US PSN release is v.1.03 (same as the current JPN version number)
* Seems to be working just fine on PS5, though with my limited play time so far, I can't say with 100% confidence that there are no PS5 issues.

Good reminder from XtraSmiley about the DLC. I bought the Japanese physical disc version of Ketsui, so I didn't remember that the Japanese PSN version also had the Virt soundtrack and IKD arrange as separate ¥800 DLC. Still a bit unfortunate though, especially since all 4 other existing entries in the ShotTriggers series have included everything in the base price.

TBH, I also don't really think either of these paid DLC are as strong as the extras/arranges in some of the other ShotTriggers releases, so it's even more glaring in comparison:
* Despite usually liking Virt's stuff, his Ketsui AST was one of the more disappointing remixed soundtracks in the series to me, especially when comparing to the amazing Garegga mixes and the god-tier Chibi-tech Feveron remix (worth the price of admission by itself!). I prefer both of the other Ketsui ASTs that come for the standard price (Matsumoto and Basiscape), as well as the classic arcade OST.
* Similarly, Ketsui IKD Arrange mode is just not one of my favorite Cave or ShotTriggers arrange modes. Still probably worth the price for big fans just for the novelty of getting access to a Cave matsuri version, and maybe especially if you're really good at the game. Just isn't that fun to play for me though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm 

34.99 bidens for a digital version?
No, thank you. I'm satisfied with my physical version for PS3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:22 pm 

Kobayashi wrote:
34.99 bidens for a digital version?
No, thank you. I'm satisfied with my physical version for PS3.

Yeah, it's a tad high, but still, they gotta eat.

What I find a bummer is that the M2 games NEVER go on sale. I've been waiting to pick up Sorcer Striker for over a year and it's not dropped one cent yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm 

So, is this really better than the PS3 port?

Offline Profile