What are the chances of Hamster bringing more PC?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
fireflame

What are the chances of Hamster bringing more PC?

Post by fireflame »

I I had to cut words because of the title limit.I have been watching for months a talented streamer who 1cc many old games, including a lot of shmups, which she often 1cc.. Most of these games are Switch only and I was wondering if there was a chance Hamster would bring those games on PC. Therare a lot of games I would want to see legally avilable on PC, like Saint Dragon or the Ninja Gaiden Arcade, or Splatterhouse games but sadly it seems for now those japanese companies are not interested on PC much. I guess they think there wouldn't be any people to buy them?

http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamst ... i_list.htm
BrianC

Re: What are the chances of Hamster bringing more PC?

Post by BrianC »

Hamster did do the Konami arcade collection for Steam, though I had to go through hoops to get vertical rotation, which is supported in menu in the Switch version (PC is possibly an update behind and it doesn't like some display adapters, though, to be fair, it does work on the most recent computers I have and the one it doesn't work on is a 520m). The PC version does have the JP versions of games, which was added after the screen orientation update on Switch, if I remember correctly.
pablumatic

Re: What are the chances of Hamster bringing more PC?

Post by pablumatic »

I think the chances are slim and none.

I think PC only got the Neo Geo games because Hamster only needed to make one emulator for the whole series.