Vertical Scrollers - 90s to 00's on Retropie Pi Zero

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
el_rika

Re: Vertical Scrollers - 90s to 00's on Retropie Pi Zero

Post by el_rika »

The cores are not compiled for Retroarch 64 bits. Install Retroarch 32 bits for the heavy mame cores.
heli

Post by heli »

There is a new pi 400.
Just buy it.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

@1.5 ghz still too weak for the likes of Cyvern and 2nd gen Cave . Cv1000 is completely out of question.
JustinOrKevin

Post by JustinOrKevin »

heli wrote:A raspi you connect to your TV, and place it anywhere, next to the SEGAs Nintendos, and Playstations.
Yes I like the portability and simplicity too. I take my XU4Q to people's houses. I have these 288 shmups on it and they run well except Brave Blade and Ikaruga:
https://docdro.id/v4TCjWG
Codiene

Post by Codiene »

@JustinOrKevin
Nice list I have a similar one I am using for just the vertical scrollers. I will post up my list and comments once I've finished testing so its here for future reference when people ask.

So far there are a lot of games running with no discernible issues. There are, as expected, some additional games that run but that clearly have issues (usually speed) and there are a handful that just won't boot.

I picked up a PS3 wirless tekken 6 arcade stick boxed with the game for peanuts on ebay and it was in fantastic condition, it turned up yesterday so had a quick play on some games with it last night. I now need to investigate how best to set up auto fire for the games that don't have it natively, the button mashing is irritating for me and more so the rest of the family as I'm usually playing when they are in bed and they were complaining they could hear it as the house was quiet (I play using headphones at that time). I do Need to sort this our carefully though as some games obviously use charge shots powered up by the primary shoot button so will need to retain that functionality without having the constant tapping an clicking.

I was thinking about maybe getting an older arcade Hori stick with autofire sliders and using a usb converter on it. But i'm not sure yet if it is possible to map two buttons to the same function and then just have the auotfire slider active on the stick control panel for one of them. I need to look into this more.

I'm guessing others will have already found a way to deal with this so If anyone has any experience setting up the autofire without wrecking the charge shot please do share.
WelshMegalodon wrote:Both of those run just fine in MAME 0.222, pal. Maybe the problem is your shit-tier hardware.