Dariusburst

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dmk1198

Dariusburst

Post by dmk1198 »

Wait for new revelation release on switch or pick up PS4 version £50 now?
Been hoping it would go on sale but never does, played it on steam and absolutely loved it

Which version will be better?
prophetic

Re: Dariusburst

Post by prophetic »

dmk1198 wrote:Wait for new revelation release on switch or pick up PS4 version £50 now?
Been hoping it would go on sale but never does, played it on steam and absolutely loved it

Cozmic Revelation is different than Cozmic Collection. Both consoles have/will be getting both games.

Edit:
Also, Cozmic Revelation doesn't have CS mode for Dariusburst.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

You mean which will be better between Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours that came out on PS4 a few years ago and the version coming up as part of Cozmic Revelation for Switch and PS4?

I'm curious about the differences myself.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

My opinion, pick Chronicle Saviors, it has more content. I'm sure the other one will be a direct arcade port.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

I would say Chronicle Saviours is the best choice. It has so many DLC ships that you can purchase, though you would have to pay $118 if you want to purchase all of them.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The upcoming AC EX port probably has Chronicle Mode (there's some screens in the screenshots I don't connect to anything in CS) while CS has its own similar mode as well as the aforementioned DLC. The DLC is neat, but Taito put them on special courses instead of using them on the main courses people actually play, so they're kind of easy to play once and put aside since score attack isn't an attractive option for them.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

CStarFlare wrote:The upcoming AC EX port probably has Chronicle Mode (there's some screens in the screenshots I don't connect to anything in CS) while CS has its own similar mode as well as the aforementioned DLC. The DLC is neat, but Taito put them on special courses instead of using them on the main courses people actually play, so they're kind of easy to play once and put aside since score attack isn't an attractive option for them.
I was curious about the dlc, are they just ships from other shmups or new levels in.homage to those classics to?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

prophetic wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:Wait for new revelation release on switch or pick up PS4 version £50 now?

Cozmic Revelation is different than Cozmic Collection. Both consoles have/will be getting both games.

Edit:
Also, Cozmic Revelation doesn't have CS mode for Dariusburst.
CS mode is the 3000 levels? Yes the version with this would probably be best
So we think new revelation version might not have this?
So current PS4/steam version will be best?

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

dmk1198 wrote:CS mode is the 3000 levels? Yes the version with this would probably be best
It's more like 30 levels with 100 minor variations each
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

ahh not such a big deal then, so new revelations and current CS version won't be that much apart?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

dmk1198 wrote:I was curious about the dlc, are they just ships from other shmups or new levels in.homage to those classics to?
They are ships from other shmups, with some minor new mechanics added based on their game of origin. (If I remember right, the Garegga ship got Garegga options, the Progear ship got a half-baked jeweling system, etc.) You get a few specific courses to use each ship on, which are basically just regular DBCS stages except with custom BGM. You can't use the ships in any other mode. Not really worth the money, IMO.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

AHH thnx pal thought for the money they were replicating famous levels from the classics as well as the ships

dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

All the dlc done in same way? So none worth getting unless u luv a certain ship or bgm?

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

dmk1198 wrote:ahh not such a big deal then, so new revelations and current CS version won't be that much apart?
It's still a nice feature, even if you don't get 3,000 unique, high quality, handmade stages. Obviously that was never going to happen. The minor changes to enemy spawns are enough to keep you on your toes, and it makes a great practice mode. Doesn't feel as repetitive as practicing the exact same stage over and over again, but you learn the stage layouts, enemy behaviors, and boss patterns.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Yes that does sound okay tbf, and relaxing, any excuse to listen to the soundtrack to tbh, just love it
heli

Post by heli »

I been looking at this game and the screen is weird.
AC mode you have black beams up and under screen.
SC mode you just wont see the action in front of you.
Not buying, also looks like amateur game.
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

heli wrote:I been looking at this game and the screen is weird.
AC mode you have black beams up and under screen.
SC mode you just wont see the action in front of you.
Not buying, also looks like amateur game.

Shmups may not be the genre for you if what you mentioned bothers you. It's a great game by the way.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

AC mode is made for the action to be displayed across multiple screens, don't remember if it's 2 or 3. If you're playing on 1 like most people are, that will necessarily mean that a big chunk of the screen go to waste. CS mode is fine.