How do you usually practice for getting 1CCs?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
LichbannMejolaro

How do you usually practice for getting 1CCs?

Post by LichbannMejolaro »

I'm getting back to play some shmups lately, and I'm trying to 1CC Deathsmiles Steam version. Even though I'm quite consistent on initial stages, I'm getting my ass kicked on the last boss.

I wanna pick a different shmup afterwards, and I'm quite curious to know how do you people go when that's the case (an unknown game).

Do you credit feed until the end to learn all that's there? Set a limit of credits to play? Try always to use only one credit and see where this takes you?
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: How do you usually practice for getting 1CCs?

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

This thread may be of interest:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67261

I usually don't credit feed games. When I see the new content for the first time it's more satisfying to have unlocked it by getting there on one credit, with credit feeding being reserved for trying to learn a specific difficult pattern (especially if no practice mode exists).

That's not to say that's how you or everyone should go for 1CCs. Figure out what you're comfortable with and what works for you.
LichbannMejolaro

Post by LichbannMejolaro »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:This thread may be of interest:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67261

I usually don't credit feed games. When I see the new content for the first time it's more satisfying to have unlocked it by getting there on one credit, with credit feeding being reserved for trying to learn a specific difficult pattern (especially if no practice mode exists).

That's not to say that's how you or everyone should go for 1CCs. Figure out what you're comfortable with and what works for you.
Thanks for the reply and for pointing out the thread. Since it has the same subject, I think mods can close this one :D
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

I wrote down my 1CC strategies pretty recently here
https://buffis.com/strategy/how-i-appro ... ew-shmups/
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I approach it like learning a song.

Practice measures, not full songs. You make a mistake, you work on the mistake until you learn how to do it correctly through muscle memory. Then you advance to the next measure.

Once you have all the measures, you string them together.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Buffi wrote:I wrote down my 1CC strategies pretty recently here
https://buffis.com/strategy/how-i-appro ... ew-shmups/

Nice blog man, very cool info :D
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Thanks!
These types of questions tend to pop up quite often, so thought I'd write down my thoughts with some examples somewhere :)