Cave Arcade1upJ?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
thelion1856

Cave Arcade1upJ?

Post by thelion1856 »

I’ve heard this could be a possibility and was wondering if anyone in the gaming community knows anything about this deal? Is it for real or is it too early? Anyone know the Arcade1upJ guys if they are working on this actually happening?
guigui

Re: Cave Arcade1upJ?

Post by guigui »

Can you explain what would Cave Arcade1upJ be ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Its those garbage halfsize cabs you can buy from amazon.. a cave one isnt going to happen since theyre built around emulating the games to begin with.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I'll be honest, Arcade 1ups are appealing novelties. But for me, I just don't give a shit because it's never anything I would care to actually play in MAME let alone pay $200 for. Same beat em ups everyone and their mother has on like 360 or something. Same dated old fighters. Same Namco classics we all have 30 different ports of. And...Golden Tee because, I guess?

Call me when Capcom gets one that isn't the same 4 goddamn beat em ups or Raizing decides to get in on the action. But I guess that shit will never ring, huh?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Asked someone at CAVE about this and they told me they have no affiliation. Not sure where you heard otherwise.

Also I'm pretty sure Arcade1up"j" is just their Japanese PR via Taito.

I must admit I was pretty impressed by their X-men vs. SF one though... if I could find one locally, I'd probably cop.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

XoPachi wrote: Call me when Capcom gets one that isn't the same 4 goddamn beat em ups or Raizing decides to get in on the action. But I guess that shit will never ring, huh?
There is the Capcom Home Arcade, and it has a pretty nice line-up including Progear, Eco Fighters and some oddities like Cyberbots and Alien vs Predator. Not a full cab, but it does have Sanwa sticks and buttons in it.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I have a 1up and its pretty cool. Have it tricked out with sanwa sticks and buttons and an old windows PC with Launchbox.

Its cool to play some CAVE games, then a little TGM3, and some Metal Slug all on one interface and cabinet. And the 3/4 size is actually quite nice in the man cave/music room.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Jonpachi wrote:
There is the Capcom Home Arcade, and it has a pretty nice line-up including Progear, Eco Fighters and some oddities like Cyberbots and Alien vs Predator. Not a full cab, but it does have Sanwa sticks and buttons in it.
Did somebody say PROGEAR? @u@
I'll give it a look see! That's one of my favorites with their name on it.
I'd kill for a collection of Mars Matrix, ProGear, and GigaWing.
striderzero96

Post by striderzero96 »

Elixir wrote: I must admit I was pretty impressed by their X-men vs. SF one though... if I could find one locally, I'd probably cop.
That is the one (along with the MvC one) I'm really disappointed with to be honest.
The pictures they showed promoting both cabs seem to be using console ports of all the fighters. One pic in particular showed Onslaught being playable in MvC1. IIRC, he was never selectable in Arcade.

Another photo shows a different HUD for XvSF. Character portraits are below the health bars instead of being on the side of it. That change to the HUD was in the Saturn version.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

XoPachi wrote:
Jonpachi wrote:
Did somebody say PROGEAR? @u@
I'll give it a look see! That's one of my favorites with their name on it.
I'd kill for a collection of Mars Matrix, ProGear, and GigaWing.
What's stopping you from playing Progear in mame or fbn?
Capcom Home Arcade uses an old FBA build anyway (grossly violating Fba's license), so the least you can do is return the favour.
dark

Post by dark »

I know a1up is marketing/selling some of their cabs in Japan, but I'm kinda surprised because the cabs (even in Japan) are designed to look like the American wooden arcade cabs. While there's a big nostalgia factor for that design in the US, I'd have to imagine there's none in Japan, where stuff like Cave and Capcom games were probably played on some sort of plastic candy cab. I wouldn't think the a1ups would feel like a suitable approximation of the Japanese game center experience to a Japanese audience.

Now if only sega would increase the size of their upcoming astro city mini ;)
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

sven666 wrote:Its those garbage halfsize cabs you can buy from amazon..

:lol: This sentence says it all
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

el_rika wrote:
Capcom Home Arcade uses an old FBA build anyway (grossly violating Fba's license), so the least you can do is return the favour.
Maybe because I didn't know any of what you just said and was of the mindset of "supporting X product might help in seeing more of what I want in the future".
I have it in MAME, but if I can own some sort of official, tangible version of it, I'd like to.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

XoPachi wrote:
el_rika wrote:
Maybe because I didn't know any of what you just said and was of the mindset of "supporting X product might help in seeing more of what I want in the future".
I have it in MAME, but if I can own some sort of official, tangible version of it, I'd like to.
I'd be very surprised if Capcom/Cave still had the source code, to actually port it to something. Emulation is probably all there will ever be.

In terms of legal ownership, there you have it, Capcom Home Arcade is illegal.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

When the Arcade 1UP's were first announced I was pretty hyped for the final fight one, but the excitement died down after a while and may people told me after the first week they hadn't touched it again in months. Pretty glad I didn't try to get hold of one (in the U.K. they are rare as rocking horse shit and cost about $200 more than they do in the US as the seller has imported them and is tacking on the extra costs to the buyer).