Crisis Wing - Out now!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
M.Knight

Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!

Post by M.Knight »

pieslice wrote:1.0.4 Version is now Live!

Technical Upgrades:

• Converted the game scripting backend from Mono to C++ (IL2CPP). This should increase performance across all machines.
• Reworked the screen drawing routines. This will fix several issues regarding the game view such as inverted screen in certain situations when counterclockwise rotation was used as well as user-interface layout issues with certain resolutions. Also the screen tearing with v-sync off is greatly reduced and in general the input lag is often less than with the previous version.
• All graphics are drawn with better pixel-perfect accuracy.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed the stage 3 boss occasionally not morphing to its final attack form.
• Fixed self-destructing wing cannons in the blue gun-wall enemies in stage 5.
• Fixed the “medal loss” sound being played every time a medal fell off-screen - regardless of whether the medal score chain was lost or not.

Additions:

• A CRT filter is added to the game. The CRT filter is found in the Video Options view under the “True low res” item.
• All background graphics have been slightly reworked for greater detail.

Adjustments:

• Gameplay change: When the player is destroyed a mercy power-up is dropped every time the player had a sub-weapon installed.
• Gameplay tweak: Mercy power-ups dropped after being destroyed will move upwards before starting to float. They also move 30% slower than regular power-ups thus making them easier to catch.
• Graphics tweak: Made several changes to the enemy bullet graphics in order to increase their visibility.
• Audio balance tweak: Reduced the volume of the player weapon fire.

Quality-of-life Changes:

• Single-player game-modes can be played by either keyboard or controller simultaneously
• Controller connection is recognized by the game user interface (not in-game) - no need to restart the application for the game to recognize recently plugged-in controllers.
Thanks a lot for this update!
And yep, I have realized that I missed an item container, mistake which I fixed in my newer score run hehehe.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Major Update: 1.1.0b Version is now Live!

New Game Mode:

• Added Boss Rush Mode to the game. The mode will have a brand new stage to play as well as unique boss at the end.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed the mercy power-up spawning if player died without an active sub-weapon.
• Fixed odd behaviour in Video Options menu if resolution, filter mode or windowed option was selected.

Adjustments:

• Added dimmers to overlay UI views.

Additions:
• Added three (3) new music tracks.
• Added an option to choose the player ship color for the single-player game modes.

Technical Upgrade:

• Added an option to choose either pixel-perfect aspect or to fully stretch the game view to a display.

Quality-of-life Changes:

• Mapped 'Back' button to controllers. The 'Back' works similarly as the Escape key - it will pop up the in-game menu or goes back one step in the main menu views. Please visit controller action mapping view to map the back button.
• Added an option to replay completable game modes (Time Attack, Practice, Boss Rush) without needing to visit the main menu.
• Added an option to choose the starting point (beginning, halfway or boss) in the practice mode.
Last edited by pieslice on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Also the game is now available to be purchased from Itch.io

https://piesliceproductions.itch.io/crisis-wing

Content-wise this version is similar to the Steam 1.1.0b version.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Thanks for the update, and for releasing it on itch. I need to spend more time with this game.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

M.Knight wrote:-Stage 4 is wayyyy too long.
This! :D It's the only thing bugging me at the moment (working on a 1CC and I'm currently practicing the 5th boss).
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

1.1.1 Version is now Live!

New Platform:

• The game is now available on MacOS.

Additions:

• Added twenty-four (24) Steam Achievements.
• Added a Sound Test music Jukebox to the Sound Options Menu.

Quality-of-life Change:

• Added an option to restart the game from a previous checkpoint instead of starting it over completely. (this will count as a continue - therefore it will reset your score)
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm always this guy, sorry : Switch version ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Crisis Wing itch.io customers can now redeem a free Steam key as well.
https://piesliceproductions.itch.io/crisis-wing
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Any one working on a strategy guide for how to get those bonus waves?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I just wanted to say, even though it's been nearly a year this game was released, I bought it on day one (It was already on my wishlist, I believe you posted about the game in a Facebook group I am too) and I find it to be really cool. IMO it's a better game than Truxton which is obviously heavily inspired on :)
wht11

Post by wht11 »

Shatterhand wrote:I just wanted to say, even though it's been nearly a year this game was released, I bought it on day one (It was already on my wishlist, I believe you posted about the game in a Facebook group I am too) and I find it to be really cool. IMO it's a better game than Truxton which is obviously heavily inspired on :)
Still not for me though, can you recommend something else? Clearly getting to forum I was looking for some help, right? At same time it's not like I didn't contribute myself, those two threads in strategy are unique content for the site (Bloodvane and Crystallized Mythology table), at the time of writing didn't see them anywhere.

I just can't believe I have see myself off empty handed for bringing so much to the site, all I was looking for is something to play for a while but yes, seen them all, so asked to correct a few minor issues with some classic games and everyone is so terribly busy, where they are clearly not.
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Shatterhand wrote:I just wanted to say, even though it's been nearly a year this game was released, I bought it on day one (It was already on my wishlist, I believe you posted about the game in a Facebook group I am too) and I find it to be really cool. IMO it's a better game than Truxton which is obviously heavily inspired on :)
Thanks man!
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Added Crisis Wing to the STG Wiki.
https://shmups.wiki/library/Crisis_Wing
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Crisis Wing's off -25% on Steam until the 8th of July!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1402090/Crisis_Wing/
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Crisis Wing will be released on Switch, PS4/PS5 and Xbox One in September!

https://www.eastasiasoft.com/games/Crisis-Wing
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

pieslice wrote:Crisis Wing will be released on Switch, PS4/PS5 and Xbox One in September!

https://www.eastasiasoft.com/games/Crisis-Wing
Congrats!

Love it on PC. Will get for PS5 and Switch if it runs at 60 fps and does TATE in handheld mode.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

This game is cool. Awesome to see it getting a wider release.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Awesome! Love your game on PC! (It got me to start getting back into PC Shmups lately). I'll def be buying it on Switch 8)
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Crisis Wing turns one! Anniversary Patch 1.1.2 is now available.
Both the Steam and Itch versions have received the latest update.

1.1.2 Version is now Live!

Bugfixes:

• Fixed the fourth power-up carrier not spawning a power-up in stage 6 if there are already three (3) power ups in the view.
• Fixed the Practice Mode high score not being saved if a player chose to re-play the level after finishing it with a high score.

Additions:

• Added an option to choose the difficulty (game loop) in the Practice Menu.

Adjustments:

• Reduced the difficulty of the Boss Rush mode. It's still tough but not borderline impossible - go on and hunt that Boss Rush Master achievement!
• Removed the Return to Checkpoint option from Boss Rush mode Pause Menu.

Technical Upgrade:

• Improved controller support - added an option to the Controller Options to assign specific game controllers to players 1 and 2. This will help especially those who have multiple controllers plugged in to their systems and have trouble getting their controllers recognized correctly.

Quality-of-life Change:

• After leaving the Practice Mode the player will be put back to the Practice Mode menu - not to the Main Menu.
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

To commemorate the Steam launch one year ago Crisis Wing will be -25% in Steam from Saturday until the end of the month
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1402090
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Will the Switch version run in handheld TATE?
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Just as a reminder those console versions should be available now!
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

It's up on the Xbox marketplace with an introductory 20% off for a couple of weeks:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/crisi ... verviewtab

Just bought it and will give it a go tonight.
seattlexc

Post by seattlexc »

Just got it for the switch, thanks for porting it! I've been enjoying it a lot so far. I'm playing on a switch lite and it seems like the d-pad isn't supported, is that correct or am I missing something?
RIP Seattle SuperSonics - 1967–2008
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

How does it run on switch? Does it play in portrait mode? Torn between Switch and PS5.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Got on Switch, has a great TATE mode, for sure. Love the game, only one minor question/gripe- why is there not D-pad support? Seems like you must use an analog stick, which surprises me. But, I am not that smart, so surely there is a reason I simply do not grasp.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Brian wrote:Got on Switch, has a great TATE mode, for sure. Love the game, only one minor question/gripe- why is there not D-pad support? Seems like you must use an analog stick, which surprises me. But, I am not that smart, so surely there is a reason I simply do not grasp.
D-pad works on the Xbox version in all orientations. Probably an error and they'll patch the Switch version.

Really enjoying it so far and can certainly feel the Toaplan influences.

Well done pieslice!
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Hard pass if it's analog only.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

I missed if this game has practice options. It doesn't show it in the storefront for the game on the eshop.
porchka66

Post by porchka66 »

I too got the switch version, really nice game,
but i also was a little dissapointed when i realized that it doesn´t
work with my Hori RAP...
Also: No options to reconfigure the controls...

I really hope this gets patched!