Crisis Wing - Out now!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bear78

Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!

Post by Bear78 »

This is getting a physical release on the Switch / PS5 this year from VGNYSoft (along with some other shmups).

https://twitter.com/LimitedGameNews/sta ... 16qzGVvqQw
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

pieslice wrote:The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch
Thanks for the clarification. I'll be grabbing it on PS4!
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

bigbadboaz wrote:Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!
Hi. Thanks for finding out the bug. Looks like the same bug is in the Steam version as well so at first I'll patch the Steam version and forward the fix instructions to EastAsiaSoft and ask if they are willing to supply the patch to console versions as well.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Steven wrote:I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...
Hi. Answered in Steam discussion
Steven

Post by Steven »

pieslice wrote:
Steven wrote:I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...
Hi. Answered in Steam discussion
Yep, got it fixed. Thanks for the help!
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Crisis Wing version 1.3 is out!

Patch notes:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a rare case where controller input from game affected the pause menu selection.
• Fixed an issue where selecting the combination of Sharp low-res option and Full Stretch game view size caused the game view to be obfuscated by too high pixel scale.

Adjustments:

• Letting bosses or mid-bosses escape will increase the game's internal difficulty.
• Slightly reduced the health of the third wave mid-boss in the Boss Rush Mode.

Technical Upgrades:

• Improved controller support:
- Added official support for DualSense and Xbox Series S/X controllers.
- Improved support for XInput compatible controllers in Windows.
- Simplified the controller mapping UI.
- Reduced input lag for both controllers and keyboard.
• Added support for both Borderless Fullscreen and Exlusive Fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen allows you to set the screen refresh rate to your liking whereas Borderless Fullscreen uses the desktop refresh rate.
• Windowed mode changes:
- Window is in 3:4 aspect ratio without borders
- Window is auto-scaled to fit your desktop - resolution is ignored in the windowed mode.
• Added Apple Silicon binaries to macOS version.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The itch version appears to still be 1.1.2a, will the update be coming to that one as well?
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Uploaded 1.1.3a to itch.io
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

VideogamesNY has the exclusive rights to sell/distribute the Crisis Wing Switch cartridge version stateside through it's own site with a preorder offer: https://store-kzjsut.mybigcommerce.com/ ... do-switch/

Cool to see Crisis Wing being finally released on the Switch as an actual game card for the Q3 of 2022 indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

1.1.4 Version is now Live!

Addition:

• Added more border style options ->
- 16 gradients
- 3 bezel images

Quality-of-life Change:

• Pause menu will be shown instead of the game automatically resuming action when app is brought back from background

Technical Upgrade:

• macOS builds are notarized again

The update is available on Steam and Itch.io
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Nice update, pie.

This is my favorite indie shmup. Funny how no one was able to clear the Boss Rush mode yet, lol.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I've made it to stage 6 in arcade but boss rush molests me hard.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Noticed this was on sale in the US eShop and came here to check on people's opinion. Funny that the developer seems to be on here as well :) Will definitely get it, looks ace!

PS i'm not really interested in the physical but i did notice the link a few posts up still has it on pre-order with an expected Q4 2022 date, what's the status on that?
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I see the VGNY release of Crisis Wing Switch in stock over at amazon and play-asia.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.