Moose Life

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Moose Life

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Jeff Minter Returns
As someone who bought a Jaguar for Tempest 2000, and was one of the 25 people who liked Space Giraffe, I've already downloaded.

But I didn't see a thread
qmish

Re: Moose Life

Post by qmish »

What... the... ????!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

I have most of "modern" Llamasoft games, and its first time i hear about this one.

Granted, i m a bit out of touch and havent visited yakyak forums for a while, but still
MathU

Post by MathU »

Is there DRM?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If you're asking if it's available somewhere other than steam, I don't think so.
But then again, I haven't hand checked every dark recesses of the web, I just checked google, and lord google says "no"
MathU

Post by MathU »

Not necessarily, some games sold over Steam don't have DRM. It should be easy enough for you to check if you have the game: Can you run it without Steam (or some other ancillary background process)?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Not necessarily, some games sold over Steam don't have DRM. It should be easy enough for you to check if you have the game: Can you run it without Steam
Oh sorry. Yeah, you can just double click the app and it launches without steam launching as well.

PS: The game is gud. It's a little early, but I think I like it better than Space Giraffe (which I know isn't saying much to most people, but still...)
Marc

Post by Marc »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Jeff Minter Returns
As someone who bought a Jaguar for Tempest 2000, and was one of the 25 people who liked Space Giraffe, I've already downloaded.

But I didn't see a thread

I do like SG quite a bit, but it's a damn shame the option to turn of those horrible backgrounds never cam to console. Dying because a game is hard is fun, dying because I didn't see a bullet in the middle of a psychedelic breakdown that originally started life as a lurid music visualizer less so.

Absolutely love Gridrunner and Polybius on PS4 though, be picking this up for sure if it comes to consoles.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Dying because a game is hard is fun, dying because I didn't see a bullet in the middle of a psychedelic breakdown that originally started life as a lurid music visualizer less so.
Yeah, you may want to stay away from Moose Life, as I've suffered more than a couple deaths because shit was going crazy and I didn't/couldn't see a bullet. I always considered such things to be part of the game, but if it's a part that makes you crazy, you're probably better off just staying away.