REMOTE LIFE 80% discount

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
RemoteLife

REMOTE LIFE 80% discount

Post by RemoteLife »

Remote Life is on a great 80% discount...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126420/REMOTE_LIFE/
jedinat

Re: REMOTE LIFE 80% discount

Post by jedinat »

I find it really hard to take a game seriously with a trailer like that, lol... Press quotes by "gamer", "hardcore gamer", and "shmup gamer". A three word quote by some random developer (who hasn't been relevant since the 80s) with an indie festival award type graphic thrown around it, lol...
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Nah, this game is jank as hell. Skip it.
IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

For the sale price it's worth it for the highly detailed, Gigeresque graphics alone IMO. Plus, there's some real attempts at actual level design here. Too bad controlling your ship is akin to playing Operation as the slightest touch with anything kills you. That said, I enjoy plenty of what people call Euroshmups so maybe I'm more lenient.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

wtf is this spam?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

Game seems fine from the trailer buuuut

-Can't know without playing. Fine-tuning shmups makes or breaks them.

-As pointed out above the, the quotes are pure garbage.

Might get this later and give an objective review to help you guys out. I'm willing to believe it could be an ok game with made up review quotes. Especially liking all the r-type references at least. Stay tuned.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

PerishedFraud ឵឵ wrote:give an objective review to help you guys out.
There is a rather well made review out, that touches a couple of sore spots and gives a good general overview, by Bullet Heaven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3av0Hf-aczU
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Guy came into the Shmups Discord server around a year ago, spammed every single channel like this and was banned as a result.
Spoiler
(etc...)

Clout chasing won't get me to promote your game either, it'll get you blocked. I'm going to assume this is a language barrier issue, but promoting yourself like this isn't going to make anyone care about it, you need to articulate yourself in a way that actually looks like you care about your game. Otherwise it just comes across as spam.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

schleichfahrt wrote:There is a rather well made review out, that touches a couple of sore spots and gives a good general overview, by Bullet Heaven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3av0Hf-aczU
I think I read somewhere that the guy behind this game begged and pleaded for Bullet Heaven to delete that review! I thought it hit the nail right on the head and it seems like their complaints were both valid and constructive.
IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?