The Shmups Wiki

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Plasmo

The Shmups Wiki

Post by Plasmo »

Find information on countless of shmups with a special focus on gameplay, scoring strats, and everything you ever wanted to know!

The ultimate compendium! A collaborative effort of top players. Created by Charlene!

https://shmups.wiki/library/Main_Page

The new Hall of Records is also hosted on this wiki: https://shmups.wiki/library/STG_Hall_of_Records

Check it out!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
CIT

Re: The Shmups Wiki

Post by CIT »

Great stuff, very much appreciated! :D
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

Looks like a large amount of work goes into this, it's very much appreciated. No more poking at outdated and skewed HG101 info and stuff like that.
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

This makes me so happy! People have been asking for this for over a decade. I'll definitely try to contribute some stuff when I have time.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

it's been very exciting being able to announce this formally today! it's a great labor of love by the community and i'm honored by all of the positive reception.

we also talked about the wiki (and the hall of records being led by Plasmo) in Mark's latest podcast episode!

it's thanks to all the guides started here that the wiki was even able to have a basis in existing, so i'm really thankful to everyone here who's contributed their knowledge over the last decade here! :mrgreen:
Cold-blooded Geese

Post by Cold-blooded Geese »

-
Last edited by Cold-blooded Geese on Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I hope I can contribute a few pages or at least some information here and there*. A lot of people have done some good work getting this off the ground. My hope is that more up-to-date knowledge about games and their scoring systems can be tinkered here, rather than relying on sometimes-questionable strategy guide topics that haven't been updated in over a decade. It's a great opportunity.

*in fact I have, trying to get Giga Wing 2 and Cotton 2 pages off the ground, for now, as ec2151. :mrgreen: