im looking for this vertical shooting game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bitcoinboi

im looking for this vertical shooting game

Post by bitcoinboi »

i dont know if its the right board but im looking for a shooting game that has a wave and bomb power up or charge ( i cant remember exactly ) the background was like in space . and the bullet/charge of my ship are like blue eggs simillar to what i saw in batsugun ( i think if my power up is a bomb but if its a wave its different too i guess ? )

like this Image

but its not a batsugun game , only the blue egg like bullet reminds me of this game . also theres a sound that says wave wave bomb bomb , i think depending on my power up

• its an arcade coin operated . so i think i can find it in mame

• i dont remember the year because i was a kid that time

• its a vertical shooter , i remember i fight the boss in space . i forgot maybe the whole game is on space too

• its a 2 player game . player weapons are i think wave type and bomb type .

• one of the boss i remember is like a space ship that occupies the left and right of the screen , its kinda large . its color is white'ish blue

- thats all i remember hope you understand me , lol . thanks ;)
Last edited by bitcoinboi on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: im looking for this game

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

We'd love to help you, but you're going to have to provide much more in the way of identifying information to help us ID the game:

• What system/console was the game for?

• What year was the game made? What year do you remember playing the game?

• Is it a vertical shmup? Is it a horizontal shmup? Did it have alternating vertical/horizontal stages (like Salamander/Life Force)? If it's an arcade game, was it in a vertical monitor, or a standard orientation monitor?

• How many playable ships/shot types? Do you remember anything distinct such as player weapons, how the bomb worked?

• Can you describe any of the enemies or bosses?

• What did powerup or score items look like?
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Its Tyrian
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
bitcoinboi

Post by bitcoinboi »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:We'd love to help you, but you're going to have to provide much more in the way of identifying information to help us ID the game:
tnx . ill edit my post
Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:Its Tyrian
no its not the game im looking for . tnx btw
BrianC

Re: im looking for this vertical shooting game

Post by BrianC »

Donpachi? Early Cave game, has some similarities to Batsugun and has a similar wave weapon.

Edit: Maybe Dangun Feveron? It starts out in space, has various voices, has a wave like weapon, if I remember correctly, and has a bomb type.
bitcoinboi

Post by bitcoinboi »

BrianC wrote:Donpachi? Early Cave game, has some similarities to Batsugun and has a similar wave weapon.

Edit: Maybe Dangun Feveron? It starts out in space, has various voices, has a wave like weapon, if I remember correctly, and has a bomb type.
i already tested donpachi and dagun but they arent the game im lookin for
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Explosive Breaker I guess
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Bakuretsu Breaker would be my next guess as well. It has a fairly wide, distinct wave-style shot and takes place in space.
bitcoinboi

Post by bitcoinboi »

that breaker games you guys suggested are not my game but it has a close vibe with it . i guess im going to watch a good amount of shump mame list to find the game im lookin for .
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

If you're looking around mame, use this topic as a guide - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11597

Estimate the year and check out games from around that time, then work your way back. It may be quicker to use Youtube than booting up each individual game in mame.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
bitcoinboi

Post by bitcoinboi »

just an update . after a long time i finaly find this game im looking for , its called acrobat mission . i found the game when my fingers accidentaly hovered the forward button somewhere in the middle of an 8 hour mame game compilation in youtube .

shout out to All Games , the name of the youtube channel where i found the game .

also thanks to this wonderful forum and to the users here that tried to help me .

now my plan is to continue hunting for the other arcade games that i didnt know the title . i hope ill find them too