Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
StrzxgvNuvWvfld

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by StrzxgvNuvWvfld »

bytestorm wrote:its out now in the jap eshop! cant wait to get home :D. I wonder if there are any new stuff added? secret boss or something would have been cool.. what an awesome game this is!
just hope the input lag is low on this port to switch..

anyone tried it yet?
I've just picked it up on the EU store. It's my first time playing, so I can't really comment on how it differs from previous versions. Not really noticing any lag playing with an M30 2.4G.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

This game is sooooo statisfying. I'm glad to finally have it on console.its also nice to have a couple of scores in the top 20, before they get wiped by people with good skill.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Thjodbjorn wrote:This game is sooooo statisfying. I'm glad to finally have it on console.its also nice to have a couple of scores in the top 20, before they get wiped by people with good skill.

I agree. Probably top three shmup on the switch for me already.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I'm in shmup utopia :D
<tears of joy>
emphatic wrote:
chempop wrote:Still dying to see if it has a proper 3:4 vert mode... I know they said it has tate, but I don't want any HUD/UI info such as life stock in the top and bottom borders.
If they force HUD extras into the 4:3 mode it'll probably be top/bottom. Just adjust it out of frame with your monitor size controls if that's the case.
I did a combo of options menu screen adjustment to fit the cabs 3:4 tate monitor in addition to remote board monitor controls. I feel like I just about nailed it with the correct ratio, but I did slice some of the bottom of the U/I that has these tiny boxes with icons (I'm not familiar with what they represent).

Thanks in advance!

"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Here's a video of the arcade version in 3:4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKNYH1B ... e=youtu.be
Your adaptation of the playfield looks spot on to me.

Edit: bonus video in my EGRET II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdFxpEt1eN8
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

What would be required to get this Switch port of CC-WE to run properly on my Taito Egret II candy cab (both for video & controls-wise portions)? The arcade monitor is dual-sync & set up for both 15.7kHz & 24kHz.

I'm using a JammaIzer scart to jamma board with Euro scart input. It seems that I'd need a Brook UFC 4-in-1 board installed on-board the JammaIzer itself (or two for two players): https://arcadeshock.com/collections/fro ... ed-headers for the Switch controls input (using the Switch dock's one of two available USB ports).

As for converting the Switch's HDMI output to Scart 15.7kHz, what would be the best recommended downscaler to purchase then?

I understand that I can select the optional 640 x 480p video mode from within the Switch TV output option listing.

I like how you can adjust the overall screen parameters of CC-WE to your liking & that all buttons are user-adjustable on the fly as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
chempop

Post by chempop »

I don't know anything about HDMI>scart, might want to try the tech subforum.

The $15 converter I got for HDMI>VGA seems to work fine, although I noticed some sporadic blips like a 2 inch vertical line artifact when I let the title screen running a while. It could be my daisy chain between the scanline generator and extron stabilizer (360 needed this). I might try to simplify the setup and see if it goes away.

https://www.tendak.com/products/hdmi-to-vga

There is very very little lag using the brook PS3/PS4>Switch superconverter with my guts from a RAP4 Kai, although worth mentioning, the converter would not recognize the stick until I put it in PS3 mode!

To test unput lag, when I tried the 'hold a direction, pause, unpause' trick, the ship doesn't seem to move extra after I unpause. However, when doing the test in Danmaku Unlimited 3 (with the same exact setup), the ship moves significantly -- like it would in SDOJ on 360.

So far the only thing that annoys me in this otherwise GODSEND of a port, is that there doesn't seem to be an attract sequence, and I can't for the life of me figure out what those 16 boxes that fill in with tiny icons represent.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

chempop wrote:and I can't for the life of me figure out what those 16 boxes that fill in with tiny icons represent.
That should be an indication of the farthest you've gotten with each ship in each mode (I don't know if it has to be 1 credit), or in the case of Time Attack, the best rank achieved.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Love love love Arrange Mode so far! Such a treat this one.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
chempop

Post by chempop »

Meseki wrote:
chempop wrote:and I can't for the life of me figure out what those 16 boxes that fill in with tiny icons represent.
That should be an indication of the farthest you've gotten with each ship in each mode (I don't know if it has to be 1 credit), or in the case of Time Attack, the best rank achieved.

THANK YOU! I suspected it was something along those lines, neat little bonus, but quite unnecessary -- I have no problem cropping them out of the 4:3 screen format.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I uh...
I'm not feeling that alt music. Maybe it's just 10 years of hearing the normal tracks, but something is very unfitting about every song and nothing syncs well with the levels. Especially the boss music. Hecatonchier's theme was really jarring. He just angrily jumps up from beyond the cliff and his original music begins as intense as his entrance. New song is just...flaccid.
Finding it an all around low energy OST and a bit of an identity crisis with what it wants to sound like if you ask me.
Honestly, I notice I tend to not like a lot of arrange or alternate OST's in shooters. :|

But whatever. It's optional. And having this on the Switch is fucking rad. The arrange mode is so much fun.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Love this game and Arrange is a new nice addition and so much fun to play
The cost of 20€ feels like a bargain ! :D
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I have a few questions about Arrange mode, and I'm curious if anyone has figured these things out.

Q: Is there any way to control rank other than to die?

Q: What does Semi-Auto actually do? I think it automatically picks the last item in the carousel if you reach the very end, but I'm not sure.

Q: Does your speed transfer over after you die? It seems like it does, but I might be tripping.

Q: Does anything else transfer over if you die?
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

Jonpachi wrote: Q: What does Semi-Auto actually do? I think it automatically picks the last item in the carousel if you reach the very end, but I'm not sure
It usually picks the quite a few of the earlier options in my plays. There's a sound effect when that happens and the early items build up fairly quickly, so you might not have noticed that.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I'm playing Arcade Original mostly, starting to get the hang of stage 3 but I haven't gotten to the boss with enough lives to start learning its patterns. I wish I knew how to trigger the 1UPs from midbosses.

I decided to give Novice Original a shot and squeeked out a 1CC on my first go, having never played stages 4+5 was crazy.
Wittischism wrote:I agree. Probably top three shmup on the switch for me already.
Just curious, what are your other favorites?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

chempop wrote:I wish I knew how to trigger the 1UPs from midbosses.
You get it the first time in a play that you defeat a midboss with 0 lives in stock.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
chempop

Post by chempop »

trap15 wrote:
chempop wrote:I wish I knew how to trigger the 1UPs from midbosses.
You get it the first time in a play that you defeat a midboss with 0 lives in stock.
Thanks @trap!
Spoiler
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

10 years and I'm just now noticing the time attack mode. I thought this was a whole new addition for EX. I don't know how I missed this.
Fun as shit. I'm ass though. I can't break 42 million. :c
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I really like the extra lives system. I'm generally a player that prioritizes getting a 1CC over trying for high scores, but tying medal collection to extra lives creates such a nice synergy that I find myself caring about both.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Oh man, I own a switch since September and although I already have the World Ignition (version for PC/Steam), this version for Switch looks even better...
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

The arrange is really fucking good. I'm quite surprised. Usually I avoid arrange modes. But this one was done very right.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
chempop

Post by chempop »

What do you guys think about the lag/responsiveness?

People seem to have issue with other switch ports but I think this one plays extremely well. I can only compare it to Danmaku Unlimited 3 which has significantly more lag from my perhaps inadequate method of: holding a direction>pause>unpause.. check if ship moves after I unpause.

This game is too good.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I haven't noticed anything. Handheld or docked. Plays just like the PC port for me.
Wilsoncqb1911

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

This game is amazing. I'm loving it. I have it on Steam, but my computer couldn't play it well. Shows you how bad my PC is. I didn't play it much there cause I dont really use my PC. But on Switch I'm playing it constantly. It is amazingly good. I'm hoping for a physical release too.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I've been holding out for an announcement of a physical edition, but I guess maybe this one needs to generate a bit more buzz for the companies who do that sort of thing to come calling?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I will double-dip for sure if a cart gets made, but I wouldn't sleep on the best new shmup we've had in a long time. Even if Limited Run or one of those companies picks it up tomorrow, you're looking at six more months before it's printed and shipped.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Hey Arrange mode players, what do you think about the Sight? It seems to be kind of a bad thing in many instances, as when I get surrounded and can't target the swarm properly. Also bosses like in Stage 3 will chase you off of center with their lasers, and then you can only target one small little section of their body. I can't tell if it's worth it or not, or if I'm just not using it right.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I guess sight has to be changed accordingly to the situation. With most ship it is at the beginning of the bar.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Jonpachi wrote:I will double-dip for sure if a cart gets made, but I wouldn't sleep on the best new shmup we've had in a long time. Even if Limited Run or one of those companies picks it up tomorrow, you're looking at six more months before it's printed and shipped.
Alright, you talked me into it.

Though I just got a bunch of shmups, and have even more on the way, so I might as well wait on a sale. I'm kind of swamped atm. Sōkyūgurentai isn't going to finish itself.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Is it on uk eshop?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk