Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by Tokyo-J »

According to a Taiwanese Rating site Crimzon Clover World Explosion is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/365632-b ... d-for-swit
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
endali

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by endali »

this is totally too good to be true. can't be true.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

NOW this gets a Switch port?
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

This is incredible! I am guessing no one knows what they are adding to this version yet?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I'm really happy this game is finally coming to console.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Finally,I´m waiting years for this news :D
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

silvergunner wrote:Finally,I´m waiting years for this news :D
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

My emotional and verbal reaction to this news was so thoroughly visceral that my girlfriend came running in from the bedroom to see wtf I was going on about. Best shootie of all time IMO. Hyped!
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Oh GOD yes.
neon guide

Post by neon guide »

Very excited. Will make hopefully make up for me selling my PC disc copy a few years ago.
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

No PS4? Like the Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros kids play bullet hells...

Womp womp womp.

Even Qute has more common sense for porting Ginga Force and hopefully Natsuki Chronicle to PS4.
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

iplaymyshmups wrote:No PS4? Like the Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros kids play bullet hells...

Womp womp womp.

Even Qute has more common sense for porting Ginga Force and hopefully Natsuki Chronicle to PS4.
Switch has taken the place of Vita and has been getting all the games that used to go there (niche RPGs, fanservice games, etc.). Shmups are definitely a niche and I'm guessing would be more successful on the Switch than the PS4.
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

jedinat wrote:
iplaymyshmups wrote:No PS4? Like the Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros kids play bullet hells...

Womp womp womp.

Switch has taken the place of Vita and has been getting all the games that used to go there (niche RPGs, fanservice games, etc.). Shmups are definitely a niche and I'm guessing would be more successful on the Switch than the PS4.
Successful? Please dont make me laugh. Nintendo fanboys rarely touch 3rd party games. It's been proven over and over since the N64 days. Ikaruga sold terribly on Gamecube and most Wii owners never even knew Castle Shikigami III or the Milestone compilation was even out for that. Most never tried Gradius Rebirth either.
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

He's right about Nintendo fans but I doubt really any console fanbase would be like "man...I wonder what bullet hell games hit the store lately."

And it wouldnt surprise me if it was just an easier process for smaller devs to get their games on Switch than the PS4.
Judging by how much trash floods the store weekly, its not a stretch...
Marc

Post by Marc »

Womp womp womp.

What an incredibly silly assumption.
I buy every arcade re-release on the Switch rather than PS4/Xbox as in most cases they run exactly the same, and they're perfect portable games.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Marc wrote:

Womp womp womp.

What an incredibly silly assumption.
I buy every arcade re-release on the Switch rather than PS4/Xbox as in most cases they run exactly the same, and they're perfect portable games.
Same here. I always buy on Switch if possible unless there are known problems with the port.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
endali

Post by endali »

lol you guys, switch over ps4 is a no brainer right now.

more switch consoles have sold than ps4's over their lifetimes, and ps4 had a headstart. ps4 is sunsetting, and switch is gonna keep selling for several years.

there is an endless list of indie and niche developers who constantly talk about how their games sell shitloads more on the switch e-shop than on ps4.

dead cells on switch selling 4x ps4. https://www.destructoid.com/stories/dea ... 1320.phtml

celeste selling more copies on switch than any other platform https://nintendoeverything.com/celeste- ... on-switch/

there are endless examples of this if you google it. "nintendo fanboys only buy first party games" is demonstrably, provably, not true, and developers and publisher know it. BOTW is the only first party game i own and i have spent entirely too much money on switch shmups.

any indie or niche developer choosing ps4 over switch right now is a complete moron
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

endali wrote:lol you guys, switch over ps4 is a no brainer right now.

more switch consoles have sold than ps4's over their lifetimes, and ps4 had a headstart. ps4 is sunsetting, and switch is gonna keep selling for several years.

there is an endless list of indie and niche developers who constantly talk about how their games sell shitloads more on the switch e-shop than on ps4.

dead cells on switch selling 4x ps4. https://www.destructoid.com/stories/dea ... 1320.phtml

celeste selling more copies on switch than any other platform https://nintendoeverything.com/celeste- ... on-switch/

there are endless examples of this if you google it. "nintendo fanboys only buy first party games" is demonstrably, provably, not true, and developers and publisher know it. BOTW is the only first party game i own and i have spent entirely too much money on switch shmups.

any indie or niche developer choosing ps4 over switch right now is a complete moron
Do these games sell a lot on Switch? Dead Cells and Celeste blew up massively in popularity when they were just on PC and people generally just love rogues and platformers. But bullet hell that isn't Touhou is like...turbo niche. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people pass them up for the same 3 or 4 reasons you can probably guess.
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

endali wrote:lol you guys, switch over ps4 is a no brainer right now.

Switch only blew up because of the new Smash Bros and Pokemon games and most of these popular indie games have been all copy and paste "Metroidvania" platformers. Regardless PS4 is still getting more shmups than Switch. We are also supposed to be getting Natsuki Chronicle, Aleste Branch, the Toaplan ports courtesy of M2, and a new Cotton game. Switch isnt getting any of these. Face it the younger gamers dont play top down/horizontal shooters and Nintendo has always been aimed at kids or grown closet Pokemon fans. Sony was always for the older demographic.

amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

This is why we can't have nice things. Let's just agree that getting a console port at all is a huge win.
ShewtUmOp

Post by ShewtUmOp »

amdiggywhut wrote:This is why we can't have nice things. Let's just agree that getting a console port at all is a huge win.
That, and maybe a physical copy for consoles for all of us collectors out here. :)
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

It really wouldn't surprise me if this version ended up on other platforms as well, considering this has yet to be properly announced. Although I can tell just from a personal experience that these aforementioned Switch kids sure are hungry for their shmup-fix between their Smash and Pokemon sessions :P
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

It's 2020. Console wars garbage should be an immediate ban.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

This is awesome. Just bought one of those Mayflash adapters so I can use my 360 stick on Switch, so now I can play something other than Danmaku Unlimited with it.
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

CStarFlare wrote:It's 2020. Console wars garbage should be an immediate ban.
Ok Karen. Go back to Neo hyphen Geo dot com.
ShewtUmOp wrote:
amdiggywhut wrote:This is why we can't have nice things. Let's just agree that getting a console port at all is a huge win.
That, and maybe a physical copy for consoles for all of us collectors out here. :)
Physical is overrated. Scalpers love the limited print niche games so they can resell for their drug habit of choice. Even if you buy digitally you'll still support the developer not some rando.

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Damn you're just a bundle of joy aren't you.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
endali

Post by endali »

PAPER/ARTILLERY wrote:This is awesome. Just bought one of those Mayflash adapters so I can use my 360 stick on Switch, so now I can play something other than Danmaku Unlimited with it.
dude for switch games, rolling gunner in particular is fucking so much better with a stick
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

iplaymyshmups wrote:
Switch only blew up because of the new Smash Bros and Pokemon games and most of these popular indie games have been all copy and paste "Metroidvania" platformers. Regardless PS4 is still getting more shmups than Switch. We are also supposed to be getting Natsuki Chronicle, Aleste Branch, the Toaplan ports courtesy of M2, and a new Cotton game. Switch isnt getting any of these. Face it the younger gamers dont play top down/horizontal shooters and Nintendo has always been aimed at kids or grown closet Pokemon fans. Sony was always for the older demographic.
I don't care what platform people play on but just for the conversation to have actual facts. Switch was a sales hit from day one. Look at famitsu/media create or NPD data for proof.

Aleste Branch doesn't have any platform announced for it from what I can see. The Toaplan ports have official been confirmed for Switch. In fact the only footage we have of them in action is on the Switch. https://nintendoeverything.com/m2-shott ... to-switch/ Also the new Cotton game has been confirmed for the Switch https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... _on_switch

Hell ESP Ra De has done so well on Switch it got a second printing.

Do you just ignore facts or are you just trolling for the lols?
szycag

Post by szycag »

That guy is on the Shmups Facebook group a lot too, triggered any time Nintendo comes up, and he won't listen to any logic or reason. It's fine, this game belongs on everything though.
That is Galactic Dancing
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Whoa, how great news turn out into a bashing console wars thread. Anything is possible on the web :lol: