Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hyp36rmax

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by hyp36rmax »

Tim James wrote:Hold on, did we know about the HD+ 1600x900 resolution graphics mode from the World EXplosion demo on PC? I don't remember that, but it looks great in the full game.
Wished internal scaled along with Fullscreen Monitor Resolution. I found myself stretching the game about 160% X and Y at 1440P haha.
Nachy

Post by Nachy »

Tim James wrote:Hold on, did we know about the HD+ 1600x900 resolution graphics mode from the World EXplosion demo on PC? I don't remember that, but it looks great in the full game.
That one is somewhat of a recent addition just a bit prior to the launch of the PC version. Really appreciate it as well.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Score uploads for novice mode seem to be glitchy. Everything else seems okay to me so far a couple hours in.
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

I did not.
Do you still have to set the desktop refresh rate to 60hz or else it runs too fast?
It was comical at 240hz.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

v1.12 just got released which appears to fix the issue with the Novice leaderboards.

I really wonder why Arrange wasn't just released as DLC. Releasing it as a separate version totally screws with the leaderboards, unless they're planning on decommissioning the Ignition boards or something. Might wanna start downloading replays in that case.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Arrange Boost is entertaining. Those suicide bullets get kinda fast after a while. You're effectively playing with an autobomb so there's no excuse to not push that chain up! Survival in all the arrange modes is easy but they're also a much friendlier introduction to scoring than Arcade while not tying you down to the Novice patterns. The HD+ mode looks great as well.
Despatche wrote:I really wonder why Arrange wasn't just released as DLC.
They'd have to patch the technical issues with CCWI as well, and that's something they couldn't justifiably charge for. At some point it becomes easier just to treat it like a new game.
Nate123

Post by Nate123 »

and to be fair the price that old owner got i.e 10 bucks is about what a DLC would have been
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Nugs wrote:
I did not.
Do you still have to set the desktop refresh rate to 60hz or else it runs too fast?
It was comical at 240hz.
LOL Is it not supposed to run that fast?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not sure if this was already mentioned on here, but one other possible selling point for World Explosion is that the superplays/guides and posters that were DLC for World Ignition are included.

(EDIT: Should have specified I was talking about the Steam version; not a bad little bonus for having had to wait awhile for the release).
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

BulletMagnet wrote:Not sure if this was already mentioned on here, but one other possible selling point for World Explosion is that the superplays/guides and posters that were DLC for World Ignition are included.

I was hoping this was the case with the switch version when it first came out but unfortunately it wasn't. Steam exclusive I suppose.
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

seiatsu wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:Not sure if this was already mentioned on here, but one other possible selling point for World Explosion is that the superplays/guides and posters that were DLC for World Ignition are included.

I was hoping this was the case with the switch version when it first came out but unfortunately it wasn't. Steam exclusive I suppose.
How would they even bundle a soundtrack and pdf files onto the switch? Is there some music features I wasn't aware of? I don't play on the switch, so I wouldn't even know. The replays themselves are the only thing I think that could be included, but I guess switch didn't even get that much?
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

Links or in game viewers could work (similar to the Sega ages manuals or something). I wasn't thinking so much about the soundtrack but more the replays and guide

Not sure that is the most optimal way but then again, I'm not a switch developer. However, I'm sure there is a way to do if if they wanted to.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Seems that World Ignition did indeed get pulled. The leaderboards apparently still work, and strangely the DLC is still for sale.

Also, World EXplosion was updated to fix a memory leak, and a weird Diabolos softlock in Arrange, among other things.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Despatche wrote:Seems that World Ignition did indeed get pulled.
Ignition is currently still up on GOG, though the best case would be for Explosion to make its way there too. Unfortunately I seem to recall hearing that the former didn't sell too well there, so I don't know about those odds...
BoxedWine

Post by BoxedWine »

All my scores are "unofficial". Did some digging that pointed it to be a FPS problem, but I run the game at a constant 60FPS. Anyone else with this problem? (steam)
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Koa Zo wrote:
Samuray wrote:
ASDR wrote:I'd rather not pay for the game right now when it seems to be at the end of their release queue and out sometime Q1 2022.
Q1 2022? I'm thinking Q1 2023, and I'm not even kidding.
I'll second this. There is no way Crimson Clover is getting published by First Press Games in Q1.

Both First Press and Strictly Limited are soooo far behind on their release schedules and keep piling on new products with absurdly unrealistic release timeframe - they can't get their old preorders out, yet they suggest they are going to produce new releases and have them ship in a couple months?!? yeah, right.
Great news everyone, you were completely right! After having CC listed as a Q4 2022 release all year, they've just bumped it to Q3 2023. A clean, crisp 2 years after I put in my pre-order. Now I get to have a Shenmue III-style turtle race between this and Game Tengoku to see which one ships first. If ever.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Yeah I'd been mulling over this one for a while and waiting to see if it ever made it out of the "design" phase. The game is finished and stable, has been for ages. Slap it on a cart, throw some artwork together and away we go. Another year for that? What are you doing/just how far down the manufacturing pecking order are you?

I give Strictly Limited leeway because typically the games they announce are still being developed, and they want to ensure the bugs are ironed out before it goes onto a cart. This is RIGHT THERE and yet you're still "designing" it?!
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

I just checked their release schedule to see if I'll actually be able to buy this thing this year and also noticed they moved to late 2023. What a complete joke, so happy I never gave these people any money.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

The only positive thing i can say about strictly limited is at least they are fast at refunding if you get sick of waiting
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Question for those they may know. I've been communicating with First Press about canceling my Crimson Clover pre-order. Just got a email from Paypal-German branch wanting me to log into my Paypal. Never worked with First Press before. Is this normal for them to do? Just want to be careful with all the stuff going on nowadays. Thank you in advance.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

TransatlanticFoe wrote: I give Strictly Limited leeway because typically the games they announce are still being developed, and they want to ensure the bugs are ironed out before it goes onto a cart.
Except that the bugs aren't ironed out. Last few releases have had misprinted manuals and often feel rushed.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

In the games themselves I mean, don't think anything's needed updates. I think the Turrican retro carts got a flyer instead of a proper manual and the response was basically "yeah, well". Obviously not great!
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Anyone else still waiting on a refund?
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Gamer707b wrote:Question for those they may know. I've been communicating with First Press about canceling my Crimson Clover pre-order. Just got a email from Paypal-German branch wanting me to log into my Paypal. Never worked with First Press before. Is this normal for them to do? Just want to be careful with all the stuff going on nowadays. Thank you in advance.
This seems weird to me. I've received plenty of PayPal refunds, including ones from other countries. I never had to do anything to accept the refund, it just shows up in my account and is either deposited as credit in the account or refunded to the original payment method.

One reason why they might be less willing to do refunds is a rule change that PayPal made a while ago. Before the seller only had to eat the 30c or whatever fixed transaction cost, now PayPal also keeps the 3.5% or whatever. This can get quite costly if you want to cancel an order for a big item.

Some more info on First Press Games from the SwitchWatch YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM4TAPIbv4Y&t=366s
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Never follow a link supplied in an email to log into your PayPal. As long as you stick with logging in at the legit website you should be ok.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

Yeah, PP refunds are a simple button press for those sending the refunds. There are no excuses for delays unless it's just because the funds are being transferred from the seller's bank account to your debit/credit card or bank account via Paypal which takes 5-7 working days.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Rastan78 wrote:Never follow a link supplied in an email to log into your PayPal. As long as you stick with logging in at the legit website you should be ok.
You're right!! I called Paypal first as the email I got was in German as was the link. Paypal did confirm to me that it was indeed their German branch reaching out to me.

I did get my refund and maybe it was there for a few days at my Paypal account. Never got a refund through Paypal, so it was probably just sitting there. Wouldn't of ever known that without reading some of the comments here. So thanks fellas. I originally paid $111.00, but my refund ended up being $89.00. I guess I ate the Paypal cancelation fee. All good. Not complaining. Only done it one other time with Limited Run, but pre-ordering a couple years in advance isn't for me, so I'm happy to get my money back. I always just wait till the game I want comes out. Don't mind paying 20 or 30 bucks more from a local mom and pop or even Ebay, which is what I usually do.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Doubt that was them passing PayPal fees on to you. They either screwed you over or it's possibly the exchange rate? The EUR is a lot weaker these days so if you paid in USD for a EUR price on their site and they then refunded you in EUR with today's exchange rate you would've gotten back a lot less. Not sure if that's how it works with refunds if you let PP do the currency exchange.

I never ordered the game because I was thinking I couldn't file a chargeback or a PP buyer protection case after 2 years or so. Seemed to risky, so I never gave them any money.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Did we ever get a number on input lag for docked and undocked on this quite simply amazing shmup on switch?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

So it'll be 2nd quarter of 2023 when First Press Games finally delivers the bundled CC Switch sets then? That'll easily be over 2 1/2 years of patiently waiting since preorders opened back in September of 2021. FPG sure is taking their slow-ass time with CC Switch indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~