Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Fudoh

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by Fudoh »

Physical version announced by First Press Games (who did release Rival Megagun not too long ago).

https://mailchi.mp/firstpressgames/crim ... nouncement

Regular edition along with two Limited Edition sets. Regular Edition should be out in Q1 2022, but don't pin me down on any release dates - I'm just the messenger.
Last edited by Fudoh on Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

There’s your chance to get the doujin release! Very cool bonus.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Had the digital version for a while now, but I'm in for this. Just need to figure out which version to go for.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

I was thinking about a physical the other day. I thought, how great that would be. My wish comes true!! I'll most def be on this. just have to figure out which version to get..

Question to anyone that may know the answer. Being that the company/website doing these pre-orders is in Europe, will it show me the cost in USD when I check out?
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Gamer707b wrote:I was thinking about a physical the other day. I thought, how great that would be. My wish comes true!! I'll most def be on this. just have to figure out which version to get..

Question to anyone that may know the answer. Being that the company/website doing these pre-orders is in Europe, will it show me the cost in USD when I check out?
I've bought from them before. Everything remains calculated in Euros on their storefront. They accept paypal which automatically does conversion to your currency.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

pablumatic wrote:
Gamer707b wrote:I was thinking about a physical the other day. I thought, how great that would be. My wish comes true!! I'll most def be on this. just have to figure out which version to get..

I've bought from them before. Everything remains calculated in Euros on their storefront. They accept paypal which automatically does conversion to your currency.

Thanks for the info
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Yotsubane could make an unchanged 4th port called Crimzon Clover World EXtortion where I'm held at gunpoint to buy the game again and I'd still be satisfied with my purchase.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The physical release is cool, but as a non-Switch owner I'm most eager for news of the "Explosion" content making its way to PC or some other platform...presumably no updates on that front?
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

Heads up for those about to pre-order: https://twitter.com/firstpressgames/sta ... 0119522310

“We are experiencing extreme technical difficulties with our website and need to postpone the launch of Crimzon Clover World EXplosion.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted about the new launch date.”
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

What scale is that miniature Crimson Clover red colored fightercraft in the CC LE set variant?

And is there a handy clock app to let our North American CC fans know when to order the cool Switch CC sets? It'd be cool to order a LE CC set indeed (without missing out on the initial pre-ordering of Switch CC).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:What scale is that miniature Crimson Clover red colored fightercraft in the CC LE set variant?
I was told the size is going to be 10-12 cm in length (so between 4 and 4 3/4 inches).
PC Engine Fan X!

So do the CC pre-orders go live today at 10:00am PST?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
PC Engine Fan X!

Managed to place my order in the nick of time. Yep, pre-orders are currently open at 10:00am PST today. I would've missed out on the CC pre-order if it had went on sale yesterday as originally planned. Am stoked to see CC as a real Switch cartridge release.

The First Press site lists the Switch CC release being shipped out sometime within the 1st quarter of 2022 timeframe.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I just went with the regular edition. I like the game, but not enough to splash out on it to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars. The LE's a clean looking set, but the ship designs in the game have never struck a chord with me as particularly iconic, so I can live without the statue.

I'll miss out on the soundtrack though, it has some bangers. This track always makes me feel like it's time to put on some fingerless gloves, a leather jacket & an aerobics headband and blast everything both in and out of sight.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Just put on my order for the collectors. I don't normally splurge like that, but I hardly ever buy triple A games anymore, other than the occasional Nintendo stuff, so I figured why not? I love this game and was hoping for a physical, but was doubting it would happen. Here we are! Hopefully this game does well sales wise cause Clover-Tac deserves it.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Hopefully, everyone that wanted the CE EX got one. They were in stock as of yesterday morning. They are showing up as sold out now. That's the one I picked. It's difficult to not support a top tier game like this.
DDDP

Post by DDDP »

Picking up the regular version. SO GLAD! I usually stick to physical but this is one of the few that I nabbed on eShop.

1st Press is on a roll for shmups. So far I've gotten Rival Megagun, Natsuki (sp?) Chronicles, and Ginga Force. Neko Navy is another shmup they released but that one didn't catch me.
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

Demo is out for the upcoming December Steam release of World EXplosion.

Unfortunately, it seems to still have a few problems from the original game.

1. 1280x720 maximum assets size though it can bilinear or NN scale up. The game is about 10 years old and mostly prerendered-- I'd honestly expected them to have assets up to 1080p at the VERY least, more like 1440p or 2160p.
2. No borderless mode.
3. The game still hardlocks to the point of requiring Task Manager if you alt-tab at any point.
4. Still doesn't like >60Hz, requiring manual framerate limiting at the driver level (e.g. NV Control Panel)

I've put in a request on the Steam forums for Degica to look at 2-4 at least.

New modes look really fun, though!
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

The on-screen text looks significantly worse in WE compared to WI when stretched to a 1440p screen. Does the extra 48 pixels really make that much of a difference or am I doing something wrong? I have all the same settings except a little more vertical stretch.

EDIT: the solution is to set the fullscreen resolution equal to the game resolution and let your video card scale it. Also, they changed the design of some of the text and UI between the games, which threw me off. It looks tolerable now.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Can anybody clue me in on First Press Games? I'm not really much of a fan of these pre-order / limited run publishers, so I don't have much experience how they operate. What does 'Open Preorder' for the regular edition of CC mean? How long will those pre-orders stay open? Can you still buy the game afterwards? I'd rather not pay for the game right now when it seems to be at the end of their release queue and out sometime Q1 2022.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

ASDR wrote:Can anybody clue me in on First Press Games?
Open preorder means it isn't time limited, you can preorder the game up until it is released, at which point you can just buy it as an In Stock item.
Some of the collectors editions might sell out, but if you're just wanting to buy the game you should be fine to wait until it is in stock.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Koa Zo wrote:
ASDR wrote:Can anybody clue me in on First Press Games?
Open preorder means it isn't time limited, you can preorder the game up until it is released, at which point you can just buy it as an In Stock item.
Some of the collectors editions might sell out, but if you're just wanting to buy the game you should be fine to wait until it is in stock.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, I just want a physical copy, I don't really have the need / space for fancy collector's editions. I just don't want to pay them 3+ months in advance since PayPal buyer's protection will run out before they'll likely deliver. If they go out of business or some postal worker steals the package contents etc. I'd be screwed then, I'd rather wait till they have a reasonably close & realistic delivery date.
Samuray

Post by Samuray »

ASDR wrote:I'd rather not pay for the game right now when it seems to be at the end of their release queue and out sometime Q1 2022.
Q1 2022? I'm thinking Q1 2023, and I'm not even kidding. First Press is suuuuuper slow and very much behind their release schedule. I have no doubts CC will one day be released by them but I don't see that happening anytime soon, especially not the Collector's Editions. Standards could be near the end of 2022.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Samuray wrote:
ASDR wrote:I'd rather not pay for the game right now when it seems to be at the end of their release queue and out sometime Q1 2022.
Q1 2022? I'm thinking Q1 2023, and I'm not even kidding.
I'll second this. There is no way Crimson Clover is getting published by First Press Games in Q1.

Both First Press and Strictly Limited are soooo far behind on their release schedules and keep piling on new products with absurdly unrealistic release timeframe - they can't get their old preorders out, yet they suggest they are going to produce new releases and have them ship in a couple months?!? yeah, right.
Chrome Head

Post by Chrome Head »

Fudoh wrote:Physical version announced by First Press Games (who did release Rival Megagun not too long ago).

https://mailchi.mp/firstpressgames/crim ... nouncement

Regular edition along with two Limited Edition sets. Regular Edition should be out in Q1 2022, but don't pin me down on any release dates - I'm just the messenger. Plus I created those preview mockups seen above or in the newsletter :mrgreen:
I haven't followed the link. How many hundreds of dollars is this?

They couldn't include a vinyl version of the soundtrack? (I kid, I kid).
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

So basically I should check in with them early next year and see where things stand? I just don't think it's a good idea to pay for something months in advance.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Briefly mentioned earlier in a separate thread, but for anyone who missed that the Steam version is out next week.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

I haven't followed the link. How many hundreds of dollars is this?
I can't remember exactly what the breakdown was between tax and shipping added, but the charge was $183.70. I buy nearly no AAA games anymore, so a little splurge on a game like this okay to my bank account. With basically a copy of the original on a USB and a joystick ball to switch out, it was hard to pass it up. Limited to 250 until too, so hopefully not many scalpers got them.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I hear tell that if you already own World Ignition on Steam, you get a discount for World Explosion. I assume that it'll launch for $20, and that the discount will be for $10 off. Of course, World Ignition is already just $10, and frequently goes down to like $2.50.

Also from the Steam forums:
Crimzon Clover is good, but not CAVE quality.
Imagine actually believing this though. I hope noone here believes this tomfoolery. My opinion don't mean shit, but I'd easily put it over multiple CAVE games.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Hold on, did we know about the HD+ 1600x900 resolution graphics mode from the World EXplosion demo on PC? I don't remember that, but it looks great in the full game.