shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:49 am 

Out October 29 on the JP Switch eShop, ¥1980

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000021588.html

So what do you expect? Tate mode? Unbearable lag? Sounds like a new arrange mode is included!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:57 pm 

chempop wrote:
Out October 29 on the JP Switch eShop, ¥1980

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000021588.html

So what do you expect? Tate mode? Unbearable lag? Sounds like a new arrange mode is included!
Can't wait to have this on my switch. Hype.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:10 pm 

Oh wow, I'm also super excited about this!

Does anyone know if they've announced a physical edition?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm 

Do we know if this is getting a NA release?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm 

Crimzon Clover - World EXplosion
Price: $19.99
Release date: October 29th
File size: 744MB
Publisher: Degica

Prepare yourself for an insatiable rain of bullets, bombs, and beams in Crimzon Clover. From Japanese indie developer YOTSUBANE, AdventurePlanningService, this unique top-down shooter is a wild ride you won't want to miss out on.
Your first step in Crimzon Clover: World Ignition is as simple as choosing how you want to play, and which powerful ship will be yours to command. Choose your difficulty from ARCADE (true to the original arcade game) or NOVICE (better if these are your first step in the world of hardcode SHMUP) then choose your mode from Boost, Original, Unlimited, and Time Attack.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 pm 

Johnpv wrote:
Do we know if this is getting a NA release?

It's called World EXplosion :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 am 

Day one buy for sure, love this game and can't wait to be able to play it on the go.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:10 am 

Glad to see that the USA region Switch eShop site lists Crimson Clover World EXplosion as of 10-15-2020. I'd have to assume that it's a digital d/l only. Definitely need a proper arcade stick to play CC-WE as it's meant to be played with.

Will tate mode be implemented from the get-go as well with the Switch CC-WE port?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:38 pm 

Probably a silly time to order a switch, before PS5 launch and black friday deals, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Gamestop.com finally had the V2 with red/blue controllers in stock, also got a convertor for running it in a CRT (Tendak Active 1080P Female HDMI to VGA, might be shit, we'll see).

About to order a Brook PS4>Switch super convertor, because it seems a heck of a lot easier and 1/3 the cost versus getting a universal PCB and building something from the ground up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 pm 

chempop wrote:
Probably a silly time to order a switch, before PS5 launch and black friday deals, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Gamestop.com finally had the V2 with red/blue controllers in stock, also got a convertor for running it in a CRT (Tendak Active 1080P Female HDMI to VGA, might be shit, we'll see).

About to order a Brook PS4>Switch super convertor, because it seems a heck of a lot easier and 1/3 the cost versus getting a universal PCB and building something from the ground up.
I gotta tell you man. I have a ps4 to switch Brooks converter. And it definitely feels more laggy than my switch hayabusa stick. I've tried it with a te2+ and a venom stick too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 pm 

mastermx wrote:
I gotta tell you man. I have a ps4 to switch Brooks converter. And it definitely feels more laggy than my switch hayabusa stick. I've tried it with a te2+ and a venom stick too.

Hmm good to know, I appreciate the insight. Have you done a firmware update on the superconverter, could that even make a difference? Can anyone confirm the brook converter isn't worth a try?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 pm 

It's been a few months since I've tested it. But I was up to date firmware wise. And I tested it against the pro controller, and later the hayabusa. My testing was inaccurate as I just put them side by side and moved the cursor around the switch UI. I could feel the lag with that alone. But I'd also love to see how it fairs.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugzf8DZfLqKXktkTlDh4AaABCQ

Shmup Junkie posted this update, said he's gonna post a video on switch controller lag soon. He's gonna compare all the controller including the brooks converter. Might be worth it to keep an eye on this breakdown. I can't remember anyone else testing this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 am 

Yes,in europe too (Oct.29) :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:13 pm 

My Switch should be delivered later today.
Getting my body and cab ready, I'm hellbent on getting it running in a 31khz CRT.
Definitely checking out Shmup Junkie's lag test video which also posts today, couldn't have asked for more perfect timing!

Not much for game art out in the wild with this one, but I have a mockup of a marquee:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 pm 

chempop wrote:
Getting my body and cab ready, I'm hellbent on getting it running in a 31khz CRT.
Definitely checking out Shmup Junkie's lag test video which also posts today, couldn't have asked for more perfect timing!

Not much for game art out in the wild with this one, but I have a mockup of a marquee:

That's awesome design. It's getting me hyped for this game's switch release. I do wonder what changes this update will bring.

I just saw shmup junkie's video. I honestly expected the brook's converter to do worse, even though it done badly. I think it's because I was using it with my PS3 MadCatz TE.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm 

Can anyone predict if the game will have a vertical 3:4 mode, or do these switch games that have Tate modes still usually require 16:9 monitors to display all the HUD info/etc? Maybe it depends on the game and whether or not it's an arcade port.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:21 pm 

chempop wrote:

Should have TATE mode.

Get a HDMI To VGA for the Switch to put into 480P. I have already done this. Brooks converter for the controls.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:03 pm 

chempop wrote:

Nice, did you see my movestrip I did for the Nesica version?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 pm 

emphatic wrote:
Nice, did you see my movestrip I did for the Nesica version?

Yup, looks great and much appreciated!

Tokyo-J wrote:
Should have TATE mode.

I assume it will, just wasn't sure if it'll fit properly on a 3:4 arcade monitor, or if things like Lives, Bombs, score, etc would be moved to the wallpaper borders on the top and bottom of a 9:16 vert screen. I'll know soon enough!

Tokyo-J wrote:
Get a HDMI To VGA for the Switch to put into 480P. I have already done this. Brooks converter for the controls.

Done and done, thanks for the advice. 8)

Offline Profile