Illvelo Swamp

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Illvelo Swamp

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Is a thing

Will it actually make it to the US this time?
FRO

Re: Illvelo Swamp

Post by FRO »

In b4 Dispatch Games limited edition is announced with fun extras that doesn't get released for a year and a half...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

FRO wrote:In b4 Dispatch Games limited edition is announced with fun extras that doesn't get released
Fixed. :P
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

In an interesting development, I looked at RS34's original tweet and they state that the Radirgy Swag soundtrack will be available in October (they also state it will be Dispatch's crappy press).

Can
This
Mean?
endali

Post by endali »

coming in 2020

https://twitter.com/rs34_kouhou/status/ ... 2624527360

anybody wanna make a bet lol
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

endali wrote:coming in 2020

https://twitter.com/rs34_kouhou/status/ ... 2624527360

That graphic is... really something. :lol:
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Granted they've only handled one release, but RS34 has never been late on anything. Radirgy Swag was released exactly when they said it would be.
Dispatch, on the other hand... Thankfully, they haven't announced they're handling the US release, and I pray to Allah they never, ever do.
KAI

Post by KAI »

RS34 stream tomorrow (8/15) at 20:00- (JST) announcing the game, the actual release of Swag's OST, live performance by k.h.d.n, and more?...

@ Music Cafe at twitch
https://m.twitch.tv/sabaco_waseda/

*free entrance if any you of is planning to attend the event
http://sabaco.jp
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, at least it's not 16-1700...

But, I'll wait for a recap anyway, as those things are usually 58 minutes of talking (in a language I don't understand) and two minutes of footage and whatnot. Although, the k.h.d.n live performance does certainly intrigue me. I wonder if they'll just hit 'play' on the sequencer while someone plays ill shred guitar, like the few samples on the Milestone Music Collection?
KAI

Post by KAI »

Awesome stream!

Illvelo Swamp Trailer

No release date yet.
I guess it's time to get a ninty switch
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Hey! They got their t-shirts from Dispatch!
qmish

Post by qmish »

khdn
Must say, i once purchased their live set from bandcamp which was, as i remember, dedicated to anniversary of their creative duet. And in that live album there were many tracks - some from tracks, some from Nagata's solo releases - but they were different arrangements or remixes. Now, this was just an audio release, so i had no idea how do they perform in concerts (some electronica musicians find their ways to interact with sound realtime, but others don't).
FRO

Post by FRO »

BulletMagnet wrote:
FRO wrote:In b4 Dispatch Games limited edition is announced with fun extras that doesn't get released
Fixed. :P
Touché
MathU

Post by MathU »

So is the MileStone gang actually fully back together now as "RS34"? Not a holding company or a re-release mill, but actually working on new stuff again?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Yeah, RS34 is two guys from the Compile days. I guess they were employees of KLON (the Karous and Radirgy 3DS games that were made post Milestone), but this is their own thing they started themselves. So far, they're .1000 as Radirgy Swag is awesome.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

about the release date - they said in the stream that they were hoping for a 2020 release but it might be "winter 2021". Looking forward to it whenever it may come

The main menu shown in the trailer has several options: Mail (probably for looking at the messages that pop up in-game, just like with swag), Ranking, Map, and Room. I wonder what these last two will be...

They have stated that there will be 100 stages with branching paths, and I have this image in my head of the Map section being like the Super Mario World map where you can get new paths by clearing the stages in different ways. No idea how it will actually be though!

The teaser trailer also hints at some sort of progression system at 0:28 seconds, but I can't really make out what is happening there.
qmish

Post by qmish »

But what about milestone director. Still in prison? :roll:

Ps
https://www.mobygames.com/game/radirgy-swag
Please anyone add credits so I can see proof about "compile veterans" by looking a list of games they participated :lol:

It's very interesting if they are real and it's not like "khdn drank sake with cool guys"
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Yeah he's still locked up.

I'll search for that article that talks about their history, in the meantime, I know there's a couple posters that can rattle of their names off the tops of their heads. So if you can give an assist, I'll take it.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't hard at all, I just had to look at the Radirgy Swag thread

the two guys are Yoshito Masubuchi & Daisuke Nagata

Here's the whole article:
https://www.4gamer.net/games/428/G042832/20190624047/

I just used google translate, so if there's something I'm completely misunderstanding, don't squish my nutz
MathU

Post by MathU »

Kou Hayashi is as much a Compile vetaran as Daisuke Nagata; they both composed for Zanac X Zanac. I think most of the ex-Compile developers who formed MileStone joined Compile at its tail end expecting to make some shooters but were upset that the only one they ever got the chance to work on while there was Zanac X Zanac.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
qmish

Post by qmish »

MathU, i meant except them.

The question was, are those new developers who are making shmup with them now are also veterans, and better than KLOV/sakura flamingo guys?

-

Because it was weird situation the only "Actual" mileston/compile guys were k.h.d.n. themselves. Who are not coders, programmers etc.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

I tried to make an account with mobygames but I didn't get the verification email. (*Edit - I got the email and submitted the credits. I touched up the translations for the roles as well.*)
Anyway, here's the full credits for radirgy swag:
(Asterisks mark people who have worked at compile or milestone. I've put a question mark [?] on names when I wasn't sure about the correct reading.)

Producer/Production: Yoshito Masubuchi*
General production/Art/Music: Daisuke Nagata*
Main programming/Planning: Manabu Matsumoto*
Programming: Takahiro Kawachi*, Hayato Okabe
Production management/Advertising: Yukiko Karashima [also works with M2]
Text: Kotori Yuki
3D graphics: Katagiri
Effects: Ogata[?]
UI integration: Kosuke Orii, Masaya Narita
Debugging: Pole To Win Co., Ltd.
Cooperation: Ko Hayashi*, Charlie, T.Taira ogyugyu, Yuri, Umo-buton, Rin-chan

Looks like two programmers from compile are at rs34. Yukiko Karashima worked as Director for Darius Cosmic Collection, but she is also listed as Promotion Director at rs34 in the rs34 soundtracks
Last edited by mojilove on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAI

Post by KAI »

WTF, Matsumoto and Kawachi worked on SWAG?! they were THE programmers from Milestone
https://w.atwiki.jp/game_staff/pages/19 ... d_b64b9a0b
AFAIK Matsumoto single handedly programmed Illvelo.

I'm really hyped about this company now.
qmish

Post by qmish »

great to know, thanks for research!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

And once again, thank you mojilove!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Recently picked up Radirgy de Gojaru for 3DS and noticed its credits aren't anywhere online, either. Figured I'd transcribe those, too. Looks like they're mostly (if not 100%) shared with Radirgy Swag. Guess most of the Sakura Flamingo people moved over to RS34 after Klon went under?

Planning/Supervision: Manabu Matsumoto*
Original Design: Daisuke Nagata*
Art: Narashima Mirai
Development: Manabu Matsumoto*
Sound: Ko Hayashi*, Daisuke Nagata*
Corporate Assistant: Yukiko Karashima
Test Players: Yuki Kotori, RS34 Staff
Executive Producer: Yoshito Masubuchi*
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Thank you Ms. Tea! Great to know!
Sorry, I had misread one of the credits (Kotori, not Oshima) and have corrected it in my post. Interesting to see that a test player for De Gojaru worked on text for Swag!

Yeah they did say in the interview with 4Gamer (https://www.4gamer.net/games/428/G042832/20190624047/) that they brought in Milestone employee(s) (which would include Manabu Matsumoto) along with (an)other new employee(s) in their 30s (I'd guess this would include Hayato Okabe?), so I think that they jumped ship from Klon to RS34 as you say. (darned Japanese and it's ambiguity with grammatical number!)

Another thing to mention is that RS34 re-released the 3DS games several years after the Klon releases. I'm not sure if the credits are different between the two releases (I'd guess that "RS34 Staff" probably wouldn't have appeared on the original release because the company was established after the 3DS games were out - funnily enough RS34 was established just a few weeks before Sakura Flamingo Archives was released!) but there was no physical release for De Gojaru, so it is unfeasible to obtain the original release for comparison.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Yeah, it looks like the internal title ID is the same for the Klon and RS34 versions, so I'm pretty sure the RS34 version would have been offered as a patch to anyone who'd bought the Klon version. So getting the original credits would not only mean someone who'd already bought it, but who had never patcheed it. I doubt there's any difference beyond the change of company name, but you never know.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

qmish wrote:But what about milestone director. Still in prison? :roll:

Ps
https://www.mobygames.com/game/radirgy-swag
Please anyone add credits so I can see proof about "compile veterans" by looking a list of games they participated :lol:

It's very interesting if they are real and it's not like "khdn drank sake with cool guys"
What did he get locked up for?
Is illvelo swamp still coming?
I like milestone shooters
Not quite sure why lol

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Here's their twitter
They put out a tweet celebrating it's 13th anniversary yesterday. I don't know what else it says as I can't read Japanese.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

The image in their recent tweet says that they are working on Illvelo (Swamp) 13 years after the original with pretty much the same development team as the original.
The image also shows the original megalohphaz (bomb) compared to the new version, now with a mask. It says at the bottom, "Witness the results of 13 years of evolution (the voice actor has done some evolving (read: ageing) himself)"

iirc either Daisuke Nagata or Ko Hayashi did the voice for the megalophaz, but I can't remember who it was. Either way, that's what the "voice actor" part is referring to.

RS34 put out another tweet saying that development is going well. Looking forward to it whenever it comes out!