Andro Dunos 2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Re: Andro Dunos 2

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I know the community can be super critical sometimes but I was hoping this was some obscure gem that I never heard of. Sucks that Visco seems to have middling output with shmups since Breaker's Revenge is a fun fighter from them.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

What do you think our chances are of this shipping next week?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

Jonpachi wrote:What do you think our chances are of this shipping next week?
I have just pre-ordered this from 365 Games and the release date was 29th October, Play Asia has the 1st September, Pixel Heart have last quarter 2021 stated. Next week for release is looking highly unlikely, hopefully the October date will hold.
Last edited by Loom1es on Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I spoke too soon! Just got an email from Play-Asia saying they took my payment and it'll be shipping soon.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Jonpachi wrote:I spoke too soon! Just got an email from Play-Asia saying they took my payment and it'll be shipping soon.
Which version? I pre-ordered the DC version with Pixel Heart.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Tempting, but with Crisis Wing, Galuda 2, and Cotton Saturn Tribute all coming out this month I think I may have to pass.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Johnpv wrote:
Jonpachi wrote:I spoke too soon! Just got an email from Play-Asia saying they took my payment and it'll be shipping soon.
Which version? I pre-ordered the DC version with Pixel Heart.
Switch
heli

Post by heli »

Look like i am always waiting for something.
This one will ship!, next month i play this game.
Good feeling about this, M2 need to give me batsugun also this fast.
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Creamy Goodness wrote:Tempting, but with Crisis Wing, Galuda 2, and Cotton Saturn Tribute all coming out this month I think I may have to pass.
Pass? No Way. This is the era we've been waiting for. New shmups at a steady clip. If anything, Picorrine more than deserves the support.
heli

Post by heli »

Pixel heart site says :

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies + Certificate of authenticity Official game PixelHeart / Just For Games.
(5000 copies available on our site)

That is a whole lot.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

heli wrote:Pixel heart site says :

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies + Certificate of authenticity Official game PixelHeart / Just For Games.
(5000 copies available on our site)

That is a whole lot.
It may not be. A few weeks ago I was reading comments in the youtube vid for the main trailer for the game and one person asked about the Eshop and they unequivocally said there would be no Eshop release for this title. Physical only (ala what happened with Razion Ex). When I read that, I preordered LOL! Get one now before the scalpers get their hands on it :P
heli

Post by heli »

20.000 x 30 euro = 600.000 euro.

Cost to make :
20.000 x 1 euro ? = 20.000

Total profit : 600.000 - 20.000 = 580.000 euro.

Lets say half that, and you still rich.
I need to finish my own game.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Any word on a release date for this game and the ExZeus collection?
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

xxx1993 wrote:Any word on a release date for this game and the ExZeus collection?
The date i have seen on Play Asia has it releasing 29th October.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I heard it might be sometime this September, though...
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

xxx1993 wrote:I heard it might be sometime this September, though...
I think it was initially pegged for the 1st September which may have been a placeholder date. It changed on play Asia a day or so after the 1st. There was no definitive date given on the Pixelheart website just a 'coming 4th quarter' type date. Hope it releases soon as it's my most anticipated shooter being released this year.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

And my most anticipated is Sol Cresta.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

This looks... blah AF.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Has there been any more recent footage of the game working with proper collision detection?
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Still hadn't gotten my shipping notice from Pixel Heart on this, so I checked the website and it looks like now they just updated the pages to say "coming in 4th quarter 2021" so maybe we'll get lucky and see this before the end of the year, or maybe they'll just delay it again
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

Recieved a mail from pixelheart yesterday saying the release has been delayed to 1st quarter 2022. Dissapointing but not surprising I guess.
It begins in deep space warped by evil power
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

moonblood wrote:Recieved a mail from pixelheart yesterday saying the release has been delayed to 1st quarter 2022. Dissapointing but not surprising I guess.
Obviously...
lovecraft

Post by lovecraft »

Is this game developed in Japan ?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

lovecraft wrote:Is this game developed in Japan ?
Picorinne Soft is involved and they're a two-man Japanese team.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

FYI, Play-Asia notified me today that their release date has changed to March 2022, from their previously listed January 21. We'll see if that happens.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

That sucks, just like this thread.
Elixir wrote:thread successfully despatched
You of all people have a lot of nerve pulling that card.
Marc wrote:It's the very definition of average. It's plays well enough, doesn't look terrible, has some interesting stage layouts, but has been done better. I remember the Neo first launching, and the initial reaction to most of its games was 'looks nice, doesn't play any better than similar SNES / MD titles', and that pretty much sums this up.

And Batsugun? Dude, really?
Do you have any actual examples? Let me guess, you're thinking of Thunder Force or Musha or some other garbage along those lines.

Batsugun is a dumb game with dumb mechanics. It's liked because everyone says it's supposed to be good, not because it's actually some great game. There are many games, either with the Toaplan name on them, or with Ikeda's name on them, or with neither name on them, that are substantially better.
ZaKa-tokyobassist wrote:I know the community can be super critical sometimes but I was hoping this was some obscure gem that I never heard of. Sucks that Visco seems to have middling output with shmups since Breaker's Revenge is a fun fighter from them.
This isn't really true. People really hate Captain Tomaday for some reason, and I won't lie and say that I've actually played it (I don't care for TwinBee or TwinBee-like games), but everything else they've made is pretty solid. Maybe the first Vasara is questionable, but that's why they made Vasara 2.

Andro Dunos is a shining example of "obscure gem you've never heard of". Calling it "average", like the guy above did, is like calling some strange unique game "unoriginal"; it's like calling Raiden, a total Toaplan ripoff, an "innovative masterpiece". It is so completely backwards that anyone calling Andro Dunos "average" is immediately suspect. The game really is that good!

There are all sorts of great games that people seemingly want to forget about now, like Exed Exes, and Omega Fighter, and (let's be honest) Grind Stormer. It takes a lot of effort to get even these games into the public eye, and Andro Dunos has the unfortunate trait of being maligned by the awful awful awful Neo Geo "community" for the better part of thirty years. See also: people complaining about Jaleco all the time despite having played basically none of their games, to the point that it's "canon' that Jaleco just makes mostly bad games. Sigh.
Strider77 wrote:This looks... blah AF.
Did you play Infinos Gaiden? I mean, if you think that looks "blah" too, that's at least consistent.
lovecraft wrote:Is this game developed in Japan ?
It'd be a good idea to play Battle Crust or Infinos Gaiden to get an idea of the developers behind this game.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Despatche wrote:It'd be a good idea to play Battle Crust or Infinos Gaiden to get an idea of the developers behind this game.
Excellent, hype level up!
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Despatche wrote: Do you have any actual examples? Let me guess, you're thinking of Thunder Force or Musha or some other garbage along those lines.

Batsugun is a dumb game with dumb mechanics. It's liked because everyone says it's supposed to be good, not because it's actually some great game. There are many games, either with the Toaplan name on them, or with Ikeda's name on them, or with neither name on them, that are substantially better.
UN Squadron (SNES) springs immediately to mind. Notice I mentioned both MD/SNES in my post, so I'm not even going to get involved with your Thunderforce hate-boner. Not games I've ever warmed to personally, but unlike you, I realize I'm something of an outlier here.
Despatche wrote: See also: people complaining about Jaleco all the time despite having played basically none of their games, to the point that it's "canon' that Jaleco just makes mostly bad games. Sigh.
See now you're just pulling opinions out of your ass. From the boards I've frequented over the years, Jaleco seem to be mostly well-regarded. Responsible for some jank, not Capcom/Konami/Taito tier, but hardly hated on, with the odd title touching greatness. Pretty much the same opinion most also seem to have about Data East.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Area 88's alright, I guess. It doesn't really play anything like Andro Dunos though, and by mentioning it you sound a lot like those people who think everything's just a Galaga ripoff.

See, now you're just full of shit. Jaleco is an extremely common punching bag across the entire internet. Only very specific Jaleco games are allowed to be liked, such as Cybattler. Any attempt to direct any sort of positivity towards Jaleco as an overall company is immediately written off as weird fanboyism. Data East gets far more respect, and people still love to make fun of them anyway, even though damn near their entire catalog is amazing.

On the subject of Data East though, how do you feel about Fighter's History Dynamite?
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Despatche wrote:Area 88's alright, I guess. It doesn't really play anything like Andro Dunos though, and by mentioning it you sound a lot like those people who think everything's just a Galaga ripoff.

See, now you're just full of shit. Jaleco is an extremely common punching bag across the entire internet. Only very specific Jaleco games are allowed to be liked, such as Cybattler. Any attempt to direct any sort of positivity towards Jaleco as an overall company is immediately written off as weird fanboyism. Data East gets far more respect, and people still love to make fun of them anyway, even though damn near their entire catalog is amazing.

On the subject of Data East though, how do you feel about Fighter's History Dynamite?
Data East are alright, but much of their popular stuff seems to come with a bit of jank baked in.
I've not played fighting games seriously for over a decade now, so my opinion of FHD is moot. Back in the day, I did regard it as one of the better SF2 rips, but that was a long time ago.
Mind, I liked one of the World Heroes games as well so what did I know?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell